Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: templenamegabriel ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 02:42PM

I was joking around with my wife earlier today when I had the idea to take all our old garments, temple clothes, white dress shirts, etc and make a quilt out of them to casually whip out when TBM family comes over to visit.

I would call it the Guilt Quilt since so much of my membership was spent feeling guilty . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 02:58PM

Great idea.

The church could market something similar, a garment blanket. Now you can have sex naked and sleep naked under your garment blanket. Be protected from evil spirits and falling chainsaws while you sleep. You will need the accompanying garment sleeping hat if you want to stick your head out. For added protection get our garment mattress pad for protection from threats under your bed.

Thanks for the laugh. I need that.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggy ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 09:31PM

hahaha

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 10:17PM

Must sleep naked under it for it to work.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 03:00PM

Oh, with your order we will ship you a consecrated bucket of sand that your head will fit nicely into for those challenging moments when thinking is just too difficult.

Posted by: today's anon ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 06:59PM

The patchwork of sweat stains will be lovely.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 12:15AM

Don't forget the skid marks.

Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 08:07PM

I wonder what a non-sweat stained version would go for on eBay....hmmm... excuse me while I go to the sewing room...

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 09:01PM

My grandma was a sewer and quilter, as were many from her generation. She presented me with a quilt one day when I was a young adult, made ‘speshul for me.’ She took particular interest in pointing out how a few of the squares were made from old scraps of pyjamas I had worn as a child, and also from scraps from my grandpa’s old boxer shorts. Now I know you’re thinking ‘ew, that’s just gross’. But, now recall that my grandfather was also responsible for my repeated sexual abuse as a child, and it just takes it to a whole another level beyond that.

Ya, my gramm’s was into the whole subliminal, psychological, screw with your head stuff, they both were …LOL. I kept the ‘guilt quilt’ …or I guess you could call it a ‘shame quilt’; hell it was a good quality item (as Eddy would say). I just used it for camping and covering things over in the garage. Thanks for that one gramma, satan rest her soul! I think it's still even out in the garage, maybe.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 09:13PM

A quilt like that can be a wonderful thing. I wish I had kept some of my kids clothes to do exactly that.

You CAN make quilts out of tshirts but it involves backing and some extra steps. Garmie material is pretty crappy but I think you could do it if you treated it like tshirt material. BUT no way I would ever want to have to look at those things again to make one. SOOOO many beautiful fabrics out these days of MUCH better quality. The only good thing to say about the garmies of today is that at least they are not those nasty old one piecers. But really, damn near ANYTHING would be better than those!

Date: January 14, 2015 09:26PM

No worries susan. My wife and I laugh about that old quilt from time to time. These are my stories, these are my memories. I like to laugh about them, it seems to help keep me sane. I chuckled when I read this, and thought about that old quilt. Good old gramm's... :/

Date: January 14, 2015 09:13PM

I didn't mean for that to put you off your idea, I'd say do it. I just wanted to share my funny quilt story.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 12:22AM

Your grandma was a 'sewer'...

that really made me laugh!

Date: January 15, 2015 12:31AM

Sorry, little Freudian slip there. She was a seamstress of shorts, or sew it seams. (snort) !

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 11:47PM

I have a quilt made for my mother by the ladies in the Lovelock, NV, Relief Society. I was born there and we moved back to Utah when I was 5 (my parents were from American Fork).

The sister there quilted blocks and stitched their names in the quilt, I guess to have her remember them.

I'm not the oldest of the siblings left but no one else seems to want it so it's in storage in a plastic bag.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 01:38AM

Things like that are really a part of Americana. And plastic is HORRIBLE for fibers. Mail me and I will get you hooked up :)

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 11:55PM

I read this thread to my wife, a quilter, and she said said that's way too much work. She said just throw them in the trash.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 02:00AM

Then take the guilt quilt and make ski clothing out of it so nobody will ever die in an avalanche.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.