Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dp ( )
Date: January 24, 2017 02:52AM

As the title asks, does anyone here speak Hungarian? I randomly encountered a wonderful piece of music on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80fBiIjEIEw) and would like to try to track down the lyrics. Even better, track down the written music...I wonder if my local Guitar Center can order this one? (ha!)

It's a choral piece, probably sacred (given that it was recorded in a church), but really nice music.

Interestingly, it has some of the same "shape" that many of the modern arrangements MOTAB sings. Start out with simpler phrasings and harmonies, ratchet up the intensity through several verses by changing voicings and adding interesting harmonies or key modulations, and finish with the choir singing in unison while the organ plays it's most harmonically complex (and loud!) parts.

If anyone can even give a start to the lyrics, that would be much appreciated. This tune is hauntingly beautiful...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.