Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olep63 ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 08:34PM

... the mormon church/religion will crumble and fall apart piece by piece in the not so distant future. The temple ruins worldwide will be a monument of a false religion that lasted a couple of centennials. It may be the fastest growing church but it could very well be the shortest lived church as well.

All who sustain this prophecy, raise a hand.

Those who oppose ....

(any typo's are not made deliberately)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: georgesaint ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 09:14PM

I've read over and over about how TSCC is going to crumble and completely go away.

I don't see it happening anytime soon for two reasons.

REASON #1 - Leaving Mormonism is a very difficult thing to do. There are tremendous social pressures that keep people firmly in the church. However, the shunning isn't the only difficulty, and for many "apostates", that's not the hardest part. Even if one's departure from TSCC has no negative affect on their relationships with family and friends, abandoning the comfort of religious belief, and trading it for uncertainty, is extremely difficult. As much as people on these discussion boards like to talk about having their weekends free, and getting a 10% raise, if we're being honest with ourselves, the path out of TSCC takes a heavy toll.

REASON #2 - TSCC has an estimated net worth of somewhere around $100 billion.

What happens when a wealthy business loses half of its shareholders? The remaining shareholders are all of a sudden twice as rich.

Sure, TSCC has a lot of bills to pay, but at the end of the day, we're talking about an organization that had $5 billion laying around ready to be used to build a mall - an organization that owns something like 5% of the state of Florida.

Organizations with that kind of wealth and power don't just disappear.

I wouldn't be surprised if the church has difficulty sustaining its growth, or if it even sees a bit of a decrease in membership sometime in the coming decades.

However, I'd be shocked if TSCC dwindles or disappears within my lifetime, or my childrens' lifetimes. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 09:21PM by georgesaint.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 01:11AM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 09:59AM

If global warming puts the rest of Florida underwater, that land is going to be worth a fortune.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 10:55PM

Georgesaint, you are the voice of reason. The church is obscenely wealthy, true. And leaving is difficult or impossible due to family pressure and the psychological cult tactics of the church. But there is no doubt the cult is in trouble. Their base is eroding as we speak. And for those of us who have been violated by this fraud, small victories are what we seek.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 09:16PM

Reason #1 My mormon relatives all have their heads planted firmly in the sand for eternity.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 09:19PM

No matter how bad all of us wish the church would wither and die in the desert, it ain't gonna happen. Too much money and too many people are in so deep they will never admit that it's all a lie...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 09:36PM

there will always be hard core suckers paying tithing which will keep the con running but in a much smaller version.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 01:26AM

Nah, it isn't going to go anywhere. It will probably shrink and change many doctrines (like it has before), but it won't fall.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 10:43AM

I believe in momentum.

You are either growing or receding.

If the cult isn't growing, its actually receding.

The members that are leaving now were once tbms and other members notice when tbms leave. That is huge peer observance. The internet isn't a bubble, it is here to stay, forever. The effects of the internet on a probable fraud will cause the cult grief for a long time.

Members aren't just leaving to "sin" they are leaving because of internet research, and these types are coming back, whereas the "sinners" still believed and somtimes come back.

The cult is all about growth. It is why missionaries go out and sell because the have been brainwashed to believe that it is the stone that will roll and fill the earth.

Soon, the cult will enter the "save the sinking ship" phase.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 10:44AM

I meant to write "proveable fraud" not probable fraud.

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 11:23AM

Their real-estate holdings are incredibly valuable. Just like McDonalds and other corps, what the church does on the property is almost secondary to the fact that they hold these prime locations free and clear.

That tells me the prophesied death could be a slow, drawn-out affair.

Still, you can't blame a prophesier for dreaming!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 11:52AM

Thppt. Too wealthy to fail. It will always live on in some way, morphing like a giant extraterrestrial slug-like mass that ingests businesses and bank accounts along the way, covering them with its slimy and bulbous amoebic mass before digesting them with the powerful juices of its alimentary tract. People will want it destroyed, the military will stand at the ready, but the government will be too afraid to step in and halt its advance due to the slug's smaller offspring who have become part of the legislative process.

Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 07:17PM

That's a church? Not something I would like to be a part of.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 18, 2015 11:38AM

Many Mormons would disagree with you and call it "the only true church on the earth."

Posted by: amyslittlesister ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 09:41PM

1) Joel Osteen will buy all the temples and broadcast "special events" from Houston.

and

2) The remaining assets will be absorbed into Bain Capital.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 16, 2015 09:47PM

LOL! From your lips to god's ears

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 17, 2015 02:41AM

"abandoning the comfort of religious belief, and trading it for uncertainty, is extremely difficult." - WTF? Seriously?

OK, forget about the free weekends, drinking coffee, wine, whatever.... who the FUCK ever said life was certain?

LIFE IS NOT CERTAIN. Buddhists know this, YES KNOW! Certainty is a delusion. So basically people in the CULT are staying because they are living in a delusion and like it that way.

"the path out of TSCC takes a heavy toll." - the path out of the CULT is the path to freedom and happiness and reality. Leave the delusion and join the real world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 02:43AM by verilyverily.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.