Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:16PM

...here at RFM.

On the main page it states:
RfM on-line for 21 years!! Founded 1995 - 20 Years of Recovery from Mormonism.

Uh...it's 2017...

Do the math...

Carry on...and carry the good work...:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:23PM

That's because when it was written it WAS 21 years.

Be patient. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:26PM

Serious problem?? Picking nits nonmo_1. I am just grateful to Eric that he facilitates this forum for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 07:27PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Date: February 16, 2017 07:44PM

pure sarcasm and nothing more...

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:38PM

... but it won't be 22 years until this coming Thanksgiving.

: )

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 10:03PM

That is correct. I started the site late in November. It was supposed to only be up one year. I have been so busy, the migration to SSL (https) should happen next week. I keep being sidetracked with life, such as my music.

Date: February 17, 2017 07:14AM

From everyone here...

Thx for your diligence and hard work.

FYI...I am trying to learn to play the guitar...

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 10:32AM

Eric K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is correct. I started the site late in
> November. It was supposed to only be up one year.
> I have been so busy, the migration to SSL (https)
> should happen next week. I keep being sidetracked
> with life, such as my music.

SSL (Secure Socket Layer)? If so, are you aware the credit card jndustry is requiring all points of sale systems to quit using it? Major hacking called Poodle is why.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 11:35AM

Only SSL version 3. Not all SSL and not TLS. Simple over reaction again.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 08:57PM

brb ~ Negging OPie ~

weak sauce OPie ~

weak sauce ~ ( srs.)

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 10:11PM

So glad you added the "sarcasm" post :)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 07:21AM

That is something Mormonism knows well. People need signs and tokens.

Funny post nonmo_1. Power in your lack of priesthood be upon you and your posterity.

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 08:59AM

Let's let the mormons and scientologists advertise and all share the profits.

Time to monetize rfm!

Date: February 17, 2017 10:03AM

LOL This was never done for any money. The site needs a bit more sophistication as it is clearly dated. The move to HTTPS will help in the rankings again. I am afraid a few links will not work and it will take time to fix after the move. Retirement is busier than I ever expected doing things I enjoy doing. How does the time go so fast now?

I wish to emphasize - do not pay money to the corporation! Plan for your future and your family's future. The cult does not need your money. Your future self will thank you.

Date: February 17, 2017 10:59AM

HTTPS includes SSL by default to my understanding. Google ranking is affected if you do not use HTTPS. I paid $100.00 for the digital certificate and its installation. Since we are not doing any financial transactions, it should be OK.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 11:19AM

I have a two-step program to get all the exmos back into the Church and put an end to all this "recovery from Mormonism" craziness.

Step #1 - Get them to see that Eric K is not infallible. Now that this thread has proven that Eric K is not omniscient and that he doesn't have super powerful prophet-seer-revelator skills. If he was a true prophet then he wouldn't have been caught flat-footed by this thread :) Now none of the exmos will blindly do volunteer janitor duty, give 10% of their gross income to Eric K, and feel endless guilt trips that Eric K may have some co-conspirators in the heavens doing 24/7 surveillance on all their thoughts/hearts if Eric K ever tries to pull such power games on the sheeple here.

Step #2 - Once we've established that Eric K is not infallible then comes the easy part. Getting people back into the Church just starts with all the missionaries & leaders in the Church doing all they possibly can to show how the Church is the most truthful, honest, and transparent organization ever :) Then once we have done some BRT'ing (hint: Missionary Guide term from the 1990s for "Building Relationships of Trust") on all you exmo's in the manner I've described above then we can invite them to assimilate themselves to all the wonderful commitments that Mormonism lovingly imposes on their lives.

Well of course #2 can only be easy if all the missionaries/leaders are on board with "telling the truth". If ever there is some missionary who lets us all down in not being 100% truthful/transparent on everything then it opens up the possibilities of doubt that can cause Mormonism to crash if not repaired. But we won't think that way as having Doubts is such a huge grave sin that'll get us fried by Heavenly Father in a loving way on Judgment Day.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 11:31AM

As you consider whether or not it matters whether or not Eric K is infallible please think about the following:

1. In the scriptures it says "where much is given then much is required". So as you think of all the trust/requirements that Eric K and his RfM minions have placed on you in your lives then you have your answer on what is required.

2. Think of all the guilt trips you've been put on here and anywhere. If someone has caused you directly or indirectly to have guilt trips then they have a responsibility to be genuine/honest with you accordingly.

3. Think of all the offerings and other moneys you have given to Eric K, RfM, and other places. The more they've sucked your bank accounts dry then the more responsibility they have.

4. Think of all the time and energy that Eric K, RfM, and others have exacted from you to do their bidding. The more of this they've sucked away then the more responsibility they have.

Why it all matters depends on the level of suppression exacted.

Now one of the mysteries around here is why people think it could possibly matter regarding the church being responsible for anything. Some people get the silly idea that the church is very demanding. Come on, is it really a big deal that they do very minor things like condition people to think their thoughts/actions are under 24/7 surveillance, pay 10% of their gross income to the church, serve in numerous callings, fulfill many other assignments like geneaology & chapel/temple cleanings & home teaching, and have a reasonable dozen children per family? Golly!! give the Church the appropriate break they deserve :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.