Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 03:02PM

Just stopped by on the 15th anniversary of my departing LDS, Inc. to let you know all is well. Since leaving the Church life has never been better! Perhaps most gratifying is the freedom to think and believe whatever I choose and to act freely on those beliefs. In retrospect, I would say that "freedom" from dogma, doctrine, false beliefs and the dictates of narrow-minded General Authorities has been liberating.

One of my most astonishing "revelations" after having left the Church was the realization that the priesthood is meaningless. Priesthood leaders (bishops, GA's, the Prophet) only have authority inasmuch as people are willing to give it to them. They are just ordinary men in a man-made institution dispensing myths and magic wrapped in important sounding words.

Well, I've already written more than I originally intended so I'll sign off. My best wishes to one and all! And to the Admin, keep up the good work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 03:09PM

I'm two years behind you nebularry and I do have one regret,

and that is that I didn't get out sooner.But I did get out and

I learned how beautiful life is without the church. Its a gift.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Happy Anniversary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2015 03:09PM by saucie.

Date: January 19, 2015 07:54PM

I hear you about not getting out sooner. I've often reflected on that myself. But all is well that ends well. Thanks for the comment and best wishes to you.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 09:30PM

It will be 14 years for me this year and that is also my only regret. Otherwise never a day of regret. I lost NOTHING. I found peace, authenticity, real spirituality, self esteem, and many other things that had never been part of my life.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 03:12PM

Fifteen years is a wonderful milestone!!!

Glad you stopped by...it is always good to read these kinds of very happy stories.

Here's to your NEXT fifteen years being even better!!!

:)

Date: January 19, 2015 07:56PM

Thanks! Looking forward to the next fifteen, too. I'll be retired in another year with plenty of time to read, watch the grass grow and enjoy however many years I have left.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 03:16PM

Congratulations, Nebularry! So happy for you! Thanks for keeping in touch.

"...ordinary men in a man-made institution dispensing myths and magic wrapped in important sounding words."

Exactly. It took me several years to stop being intimidated by the false authority.

Date: January 19, 2015 07:58PM

That false authority is, perhaps, the most insidious fallacies of Mormonism. People (me, too) get sucked into believing it all came from God and that makes it very difficult to leave once they realize it's all a sham. Thanks for the comment and best wishes to you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 03:19PM

I'm glad that you stopped by, Nebularry! I'm also glad to hear that you are doing well.

Date: January 19, 2015 07:59PM

Thanks, summer, best wishes and a bright future to you.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: January 19, 2015 09:31PM

I'm, like, 22 years out. I have one regret: that I didn't do it sooner.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2015 01:21AM

Hello! I remember you! Good to hear from you and congrats on your 15 years of taking your power back and owning it. I agree with your conclusions!

I left in 1998, officially resigned in June 2002 -- never looked back. No regrets. Not a one.
I'm a widow of two years now and doing fine. I have a great support system. He was a good man. Mormon and all! We made it to over 50 years. Agree to disagree worked for us.

Onward! :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.