Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SantaZelph ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 10:18AM

...Will members in good standing be forbidden to appear, participate, donate, or associate in any way with Mormon Stories? And if they do participate in MS could they face tscc's discipline?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 10:26AM

It's possible that there are way too many people on both Mormon Stories and Mormon Think for the church to go after them. Excommunicating the leaders sends a message. Excommunicating the masses of participants just splinters the church. God, I hope their self righteous butts make that mistake.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 12:00PM

Ummm.....Years ago under Bully Brigham the church/cult conducted a huge purge among the members. I personally wouldn't put it past them today to give this a try.

I will use forbiddencokedrinker's words here and second them:

"God, I hope their self righteous butts make that mistake."

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 01:25PM

As a member you can associate with anyone, however, if you publicly take a position against the LDS Church (write a book, do online publications, interviews etc., send out other letters and publications) that is not in accordance with their teachings, and they instruct you to stop and you refuse, they can hold a Disciplinary Council of some type.
The general idea is that you can think anything you want, just don't start preaching against the LDS Church.

This is a comprehensive outline of the specifics in many cases that is considered likely for a Disciplinary Council, Ward, or Stake, with different types of outcomes.

More info on Disciplinary Councils here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciplinary_council

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 01:26PM by SusieQ#1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.