Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 05:58PM

First the government required by law that everyone turn in their gold and silver, which was accompanied by each person being given paper money to replace the gold and silver, with a promise written right on that money that the money could be exchanged later to redeem the gold or silver. As a kid, I remember seeing some of those gold and silver certificates stiĺl in circulation.

Then a few years later, they pull all of those gold and silver certificates out of circulation as they were replaced with different money that says on it "in god we trust", instead of the promise to give back any gold or silver which was the original promise.

It's common knowledge that the gold in Fort Knox is long gone now (probably sold to the Chinese). No one has seen it in several decades. They keep guarding that space, only to keep up the fassad.

I don't mind having the words "in god we trust" on the money. But I do mind how they used that phrase on the money to swindle the American people out of their gold and silver. The federal reserve notes are used to control the American people through manipulating the value of their money, and to create hegemony throughout the rest of the world. Even as of today, Article 1 Section 10 of the US constitution forbids any State from accepting anything other than gold and silver coins as a tender in payment of debts. But you'll probably end up in jail eventually if you try to use that as a reason to not pay your state taxes in federal reserve notes.

So who is this federal reserve anyway? It's a privately held corporation with private members (owners). You and I have no right to know who these members are. So if it's not "in god we trust", who are these people in whom we're being forced to trust, to set a value on everything we earn, what the interest rates are, and who has access to barrow it, and under what terms it's available to the public? It's certainly not in god that we trust.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 06:17PM by azsteve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: January 23, 2015 06:33PM

"In God we trust" first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864 and has appeared on paper currency since 1957. A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate.
-------------------------------------------------------

1864 was only 20 years after Joseph Smith was shot in the butt.
So I'm not that old.

Pay Lay Alol

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.