Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 12:53AM

This has been going on for at least two or three weeks, if not longer. It used to be crummy between 11:00 and midnight, Mountain Time, due to scheduled system tweaks, But now, at just about any time, (after midnight, even around 3:00 A.M.) I may be on RfM and after maybe 10 or 15 minutes, it just STOPS, and after a few minutes, I'll get a message that the "server has unexpectedly dropped the connection."

My computer is fairly old, but should this be happening just about every time I log on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 01:36AM

I don't get that exact message, but around the eleven o'clock hour to around midnight PST (so: the same time as MST), I frequently can't get the connection to go through.

But it used to happen at night around ten o'clock-ish Pacific Time, and THAT used to be REALLY irritating!!! :)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 12:23PM

The connection to the web page Recovery from Mormonism often does not connect at different times in the day. Sometimes it needs to be reloaded, other times, it's down for a few minutes to hours.
I have no idea why. It just does that. :-)

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 12:34PM

Have you checked your own modem and you computer to see that there aren't any automatic updates or file backup happening at that time?

Also does your ISP reset their equipment at that time?

I notice that the TV guide on Comcast Xfinity gets wiped out and has to reload 2-3 times a week sometime around midnight.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 12:36PM

I've noticed this happening as well. I've sometimes wondered if the SLC church data center is messing with RfM or some TBM hacker. Am I paranoid?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 24, 2015 01:53PM

From the brilliant British sitcom, The IT Crowd, which can be seen on Netflix, "Have you tried turning it off, and then on again?"

Date: January 24, 2015 02:03PM

Yes. Yes. And Yes. I've turned off my computer, reset my computer, reloaded the page. Sometimes the connection gets an error. I concluded it's just too busy ....it comes up again though.

Date: January 25, 2015 12:43AM

My computer and I are both relatively ancient, which may be part of the problem.

My kids have been telling me for years that my computer should be used as a boat anchor. However, in our part of High Desert country, we lack both boats and navigable water.

Date: January 25, 2015 02:51PM

catnip
It dropped off while I was trying to post this! ha!

They call the old things: boat anchors, including old sewing machines!
I am cookin on relatively newer stuff now, a Toshiba laptop hooked up to a large screen, mouse, and keyboard (hand problems make it too difficult to use a laptop keyboard) .. and have a Go to Assist Customer thingy downloaded so my grandson who lives 350 miles away can access my computer and fix stuff! Ya, I'm special! hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 02:52PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 05:01PM

I have little trouble with connectivity, but sometimes fight with the site's strange, inexplicable spam filter. I get the red warning, try to figure out what I typed to trigger it, then all of a sudden my post appears anyway. Maybe the filter gets overridden by a human editor on my behalf, at least that's my theory.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 07:11PM

Just send them to me in future and I will help you.

BTW, I have checked with WingNet and they say there is nothing running now during that time period that would be a problem. So, I dunnknow.

Date: January 26, 2015 12:54AM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 07:18PM

Nope.

Date: January 25, 2015 07:21PM

I've concluded it's my Google Chrome bugging out - sometimes not loading. Don't know why. But I get it all back quickly.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 07:25PM

I had a recent problem when I could not type anything on a post I was making.

Turned out Word also would not work and asked me to press alt T which fixed the problem.

Chrome can be a bit buggy. Visit the Google Chrome help forum for free advice from the experts.

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 01:22AM

Yes, I couldn't log on for a few hours....I thought it was my tablet. But same problem with my desktop, laptop and smartphone....Hmmmm, does TSCC has something to do with it.....maybe????

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.