Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: October 07, 2016 09:16AM

Edmund Edward Wilson, from St. George, UT, was just sent to prison for fraud. His scheme sounds typically Mormon. Does anyone know if he's LDS?

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4440818-155/judge-sends-st-george-man-to

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 07, 2016 02:04PM

"ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CN) - A director of the Fountain Group of Companies swiped a $48 million loan intended to finance a commercial real estate project, three plaintiffs claim in Federal Court.

"Plaintiffs Emory Hackman Jr., the Mary Cook Hackman Arlington Trust and Gainesville Commercial Center LLC sued Edmund Wilson, the Fountain Group of Companies, and a long string of banks and alleged co-conspirators-including the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

"The complaint accuses defendants Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Simply Me, and five individuals of illegally receiving funds from Wilson, and 10 people of helping Wilson launder the money."

--http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/03/03/65789.htm

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 07, 2016 02:08PM

The funds "illegally received" by churchco -- probably tithing from Wilson :)

Date: October 07, 2016 02:13PM

Wow! You think he tithed on his share of the $48 million?

I think that would take some real moxie!

Posted by: NeiceofEEW ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 10:38AM

He did tithe. Amounts I do not know about.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 07:18PM

Funny how you read a news article about this kind of fraud and you immediately know they're mormon. TSCC doesn't care how much you defraud other people, the government, or anybody else, as long as they get their 10% cut of what you made from the fraud.

I have a brother in law who has had huge fines for fraud in the oil drilling business levied against him, but of course, he has given the church their cut so he was at all his kids' weddings. I was newly divorced, trying (unsuccessfully) to hang on to my house, when my daughter got married, but I had to choose between giving the cult money I needed to feed my children or attending my daughter's wedding. You can't make this stuff up.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: October 07, 2016 02:24PM

Big tithing checks could have increased his reputation among the gullible, er, uh, LDS faithful, and help gain access to wealthy members.

Date: October 07, 2016 02:31PM

Excellent point! It would promote the notion that this was a very righteous individual!

Posted by: Heathen13 ( )
Date: June 07, 2017 05:32PM

Yes. Ed Wilson is LDS. I worked for him and was there in Saint George when the Fed's shut him down.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.