Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 08:53PM

Recently I got kicked out of Utah SL County Sat. night dances because of being an APOSTATE! These are not church sponsored dances, at least they are not advertised at such.

The church dances for singles are on Friday nights at the stake centers. I NEVER go to those.

The Dee's dances are every Sat. night for singles all over SL county and they last until 1230 a.m. Sun., which is officially breaking the Sabbath. The are called Dee's dances, but there MUST be some connection to the mo's because their dress code is the same. The baring of arms is strictly forbidden. Once I was asked to put my sweater on for that infraction, or leave immediately. How funny is that ? I mean arms are SOOO sexual!

Anyway, I happen to be a very good dancer, the only real talent I have, and I used to go every so often. When ever a man, and they were always mo's lookin' for wives, would try and pick up on me I would tell him I was not mormon. I got answers like,"Well you COULD be!"

Then I would say, "No, I used to be a mormon and then I studied and learned it was all bullshit." I have had the opportunity of placing many, many seeds of doubt in the mind of many a mo man.I get my kicks out of doing this, I do not go there looking for love, just for the joy of dancing. And I consider it my duty to place doubt with total strangers, whenever I have the occasion.

Well, apparently I got turned in because I suddenly no longer receive their email invitations. Boo-hoo.

I am pretty sure who it was that turned me in as he was pissed off about all that I said about JS and what a fraud and con artist he was, about his polyandrous wives, the BOA, etc. and surely he turned me in as an apostate. I would never say such things to a friend, but a stranger that tries a pickup line deserves just what he gets, no sympathy from me. I have had a lot of fun with this, and caused many, I am sure, to doubt.

I really don't care, there are tons of other places to dance, but it is actually kind of funny, how the church pretends it is not their dance, but I have not a doubt it is.

Every man I have ever met there is mo and looking for a wife; NO thanks! They actually get bugged when I tell them I only came to dance, not looking for anything more.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 09:21PM by think4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 09:31PM

if you want to go dance. I highly doubt "Dee" will remember your e-mail address. Or you can come up with a new e-mail account on hotmail.

I love dancing. I can see why you would want to go and just dance. Who cares what religion the person is that you dance with.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 09:38PM

...where you can create an email addy within one, just to use for stuff like this. Any questions lemme know and I'll get my mom to help ya set it up.

I say go fer it. Poo on them mos.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 02:23AM

if you are stupid enough to go then you are probably going to get what you deserve -being robbed on your admission fee!

I dont need to pay 9 bucks to walk through a wrecking yard of human lives & to have someone play really CRAPPY music for me.
try dancing with a fence post, it will be vastly more rewarding! see you at the conference dance !

Posted by: Ican'tlogin ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 02:40AM

Wow, not judgmental AT ALL!

Posted by: brokenwings ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:53PM

how rude

Date: March 29, 2011 05:39PM

Jesus FUCKING Christ !
you are uptight enough to be a real MORmON!

I am making fun of myself as much as anyone, having given Dee WAY TOO MUCH MONEY over the years, just like with the MORmON church!

Date: March 29, 2011 01:08PM

To Lucky:

You are obviously as stupid as I am, because you know the cost of admission ( which honestly was nothing to me) and you have obviously been there if you hate the music so much.

I actually think the music is good for the most part, and I liked the videos. And if I still wanted to go, which I do not, all I need to do is google them every week to know where the dance is. You don't NEED to be invited.

Why are you going to the conference dance if you think it is all so stupid? You are plain rude and mean. You will not see me there, although I will miss putting doubts into the heads of mo men, that has been pretty fun! Have to wonder if you are not a Mo yourself? I'd bet money I can outdance you any day of the year!

BTW- have FUN dancing with your stick broom at the conference dance! And you'd better be prepared to pay at least 9 bucks! I mean, WHOOPEE!!!, cause like you said all that money IS worth it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 02:01PM by think4u.

Date: March 29, 2011 06:00PM

I was making fun of myself as much as anyone, having given Dee

way too much money over the years, just like paying tithing to the MORmON church.

BTW, I said dancing with a "fence post", NOT a broom stick because a broom stick is too much dancing action for me -a broomstick being much more mobile than a fence post, because I never claimed to be much of a dancer. sorry if that wastes your dancing challenge.

yes every once in a while I throw 9 $ in the wind & go to a Dees dance, just like I go to the wrecking yard to just look around too. The admission at the auto wrecking yard is cheaper but they are not open at 9 pm to midnight either.

the time before last that I went to a dees dance about 2 years ago I was singing "dees dances suck " really loud to the tune they always play near the end of the dance, just to amuse myself. I thought I better quit before she heard me & then banned me, then I thought "who the hell cares!!!!!!"
and kept singing, pretty soon 3 or 4 other ppl joined me.
We were all laughingh! It was the most fun I had all night!

Date: March 29, 2011 06:38PM

think4u Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To Lucky:
>
> You are obviously as stupid as I am,

THAT JUST MIGHT BE !

> because you
> know the cost of admission

( wow I end up being accused of being stupid for KNOWING something, usually its for stuff I dont know ! )

>( which honestly was
> nothing to me) and you have obviously been there
> if you hate the music so much.
>
> I actually think the music is good for the most
> part,

DEFINITELY going to disagree there, if they played better music I would be much more satisfied with the Dee's deal.

I know how old I am, & how old the others are, trying to pretend I am a current 2O something dancing to the very latest really sucky tunes just doesnt work for me. There is only 1 in 25 tunes that I recognize of dumb ass steve's play list and then its GD remake where some crummy johnny come lately wanna be is ruining what WAS a perfectly good song.
THAT is frustrating!

Steve is such a dork that he hasnt heard oldies are BOOMING, especially with the young who are tired of the mindless trash that current *artists* make.

thats just the music selection, from a technical standpoint
steves equipment totally SUCKS, when he sets up at wheeler farm its a total accoustic NIGHTMARE because his equip is pure CRAP!

> and I liked the videos. And if I still
> wanted to go, which I do not,

> all I need to do is
> google them every week to know where the dance is.
> You don't NEED to be invited.

(I dont remember saying that you did)

>
> Why are you going to the conference dance if you
> think it is all so stupid?

see my other post

> You are plain rude and
> mean.

That may be true but at least I dont make fun of other ppl's religion! ...... ( ITS A JOKE, ITS A JOKE!!!!!! OK! )

> You will not see me there,

Thats too bad, I was thinking watching you trash the predominate local religion to the faithFOOL might be an added entertainment dimension to the deal

> although I will
> miss putting doubts into the heads of mo men, that
> has been pretty fun!

you gave up too easy on that one!

> Have to wonder if you are not
> a Mo yourself?

NOW, THAT is COMICAL!

> I'd bet money I can outdance you
> any day of the year!
>
> BTW- have FUN dancing with your stick broom at the
> conference dance!

see my other post, fence post versus broom stick
see you were not listening !

> And you'd better be prepared to
> pay at least 9 bucks! I mean, WHOOPEE!!!, cause
> like you said all that money IS worth it!

And yet inspite of that declaration you wont be spending that mighty 9 $ at dees anymore..... ?

sorry, I couldnt resist.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 02:34AM

think4u your are awesome! Keep planting those seeds of doubt at those Mo dances! hehe

Date: March 29, 2011 01:32PM

I just try to do my part to let everyone know of the cult of mo'ism, and I can guaranttee I have left MANY a man wondering- I hope they go home and check things out online to see if I am lying!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 02:37AM

Although they do not come out and say it, the FAQ made it clear to me that the Dee's Dances are run by Mormons for Mormons.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 08:29AM

I just spent the last hour googling Dee's Dances and getting lost in the world of Mormon Single Adults. I even went to their facebook page and looked at the album.

CAN'T. SHAKE. THE. IMAGES . . . .

Quick, somebody slap me before I start having flashbacks!

;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 08:40AM by shannon.

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 11:45AM

I wouldn't have even thought to look up Dee's Dances online so thanks a lot for the "great" idea! Man oh man! There was a time when I might have enjoyed attending those dances.

Hey, there's even a Conference Weekend Dance! Oooh! Can't miss that! And Personals where you can hook with your new eternal companion (since the first eternal companion-thingy didn't work out so well).

And here's a good SLAP for you - but it's not to help you avoid those traumatic flashbacks. It's a slap upside the head for your "great" idea (just kidding!)

TG

Date: March 29, 2011 01:15PM

So SORRY 'bout that!! haha

Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:43AM

I know where think4u really loves to dance, cause we went there Sunday night and had a blast!!!

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:04PM

OMG! Check this out. Look at the "Photos" and "Personals" sections. LOLOLOLOL

http://www.deesdances.com/

Date: March 29, 2011 01:25PM

I know, is that hilarious? You'd think the dance was for 12 year olds!

Date: March 29, 2011 02:34PM

Dancing with the Stars can't hold a candle to dancing with the "Star". Think4u would never tell you this herself, but as a dancer, and in a word, she is simply AMAZING. Poetry in motion! Last Sunday night you all missed out on seeing her at her best. I have to admit, I felt like all the guys, even some of the women there, were envious of my being with this great looking woman who captured the attention of even the bartender who said, "wow,who is that lady"? No kidding

I'm not exaggerating when I say all eyes were on her when we were dancing. I was just kind of there, it was SHE who was dancing.I just smiled and shook my head. She's in her element, and simply comes alive (at the cellular level!). I can't help sharing what a natural, fantastic dancer she is, and feel sorry that all of you didn't see her. There wasn't any music she couldn't dance to in her own unique, astonishing style that had everyone checking her out.

I do have to brag about how sensational she was. I swear people would have paid just to see her do her thing. Honestly, at one point, people cleared the entire floor, and watched her dance by herself, moving, swaying, communing with the music. By then,she had worn me out with her endless energy, and I, along with everyone else, simply sat back and watched her joyful performance. What can I say? I already knew of this gift she had, but she never ceases to surprise, yes, amaze me when I get to witness the music of her soul,live and in person.

Posted by: unclenephi ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 03:11PM

Poetry in motion. I love that! My girlfriend loves to dance. What a perfect way to describe her. Would that be okay with you colonelmoroni if I used that with her. I think that would really make her day!

Date: March 29, 2011 03:22PM

Absolutely! There's a song from the past entitled "Poetry in Motion", that's what made me think of it. I'm not such a great dancer myself, but being with think4u makes me want to at least get out there with her and try. But watching "poetry in motion" is even more fun, so have a great time with your girlfriend....I'm sure she'll love being thought of as poetry in motion.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 02:49PM

Did you actually think the outcome would be any different from the way it turned out ?

What dream world do you live in ?

Date: March 29, 2011 03:00PM

Dave, you just have a kind word for everyone, don't you? Gee,I am so glad you you bothered to take of your precious time to sign in here.

I am pretty new to the world of atheism, and it is people like you that give it such a bad name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 03:03PM by think4u.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 04:10PM

Do you not enjoy a real club?

I'm not familiar with the night life in SLC, but I'm sure that there are real night clubs/dance bars there.

I checked out the pics that "Dee's" had posted.......um......

It looked like a cluster.

Go to a real bar with a dance floor.

Date: March 29, 2011 06:42PM

I have been to many bars to dance, and some are okay, but if you really want to dance, and are good at it, the floor makes a real difference.

That is the main reason the Dee's dances are good. Huge hardwood floors, which most bars in SL do not have. But the bar I dance at on Sunday nights is a blast!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 09:37PM by think4u.

Posted by: unclenephi ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 08:04PM

My girlfriend likes to dance on tables. She is hot hot hot! Smokin' hot!

Date: March 29, 2011 09:38PM

Well that sounds like love to me! Good for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.