Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wantthetruth ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 08:58AM

My son went to a church fireside this past Sunday and told me the topic was on the present top leadership of the church. He said that it was rather boring and that his youth leaderships presentation depicted these guys as near shining examples of perfection. Which I believe is a bunch of crap. Just pisses me off seeing another attempt at indoctrinating the youth by making them think that they are being "lead" by near perfect beings!Does the media think that it would just be a waste of their time to investigate the big fifteen and let the membership know what these guys are like behind the curtain? Or does the church sanitize the reputation of those guys to the point where it would be near impossible to find out anything incriminating? My son said he felt like they were trying to make the youth believe that the fifteen are practically at god status NOW!! At this point all I know is that Monson likes his Pepsi and that most of them fabricate and twist doctrinal issues when giving talks or writing articles for the Ensign or other mags.You would think that being in the information age that we could get our hands on informational facts on those guys that would give us a more realistic perspective of them. Those guys have to be hand picked morbot drones that were indoctrinated themselves to the point where they just bought all the crap, had someone turn the wind-up key in their backs and robotically went through life. Any sourses out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: me ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:20AM

I see ethical problems in stooping to their methods. If there was a problem with breaking the law, other considerations would come into play. Given their old-boy network, I would not be surprised if some of them had cops and lawyers and judges getting them out of trouble. But those issues are more for agencies like the FBI.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:34AM

If you dig up some dirt, TBMs don't (won't) believe it.

Other folks could care less about a stupid cult.

8 The Mormon Proposition did a pretty good job of exposing the dissembling and backroom dealings of church leadership FYI.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:39AM

I know a case dealing with Nelson when he was called. There was a wrongful death suit by my ex-wife's family. My ex-FIL went in to have a mechanical valve replaced in his heart. He had the valve replaced years before and he was told it was time for a new one. He was healthy when he went in. He ended up with a staph infection in his heart from the surgery and was dead a week later. They filed wrongful death/medical malpractice against the hospital, Nelson and the valve manufacturer.

After Nelson was called to the twelve, the hospital "lost" the file concerning the surgery. The anesthesiologist "lost" his file as well. Nelson had a general file in his office, but there was nothing in it about the surgery. It took months to get the file because Nelson had closed his practice. The attorney changed his mind about taking the case, and a second attorney advised them not to purse the case. They checked other attorneys and could not find one to take the case. At this point there was no evidence and no attorney would take the case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 09:45AM by Jim Huston.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:41AM

In Utah it would piss more people off than not, so there is not enough motivation.

Outside of Utah, people just don't care enough to be worth it.

The get the benefit of that.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:45AM

Brother of Jerry wrote -

Things I don't read:

The post consists of one 48 line long paragraph.

I don't either.

Date: March 29, 2011 12:34PM

Thanks Scooter!! It's always refreshing to get a well thought out mature comment like yours! Keep up the good work of trolling around looking for people to insult.
Oh BTW, my paragraph only had 11 lines not 48!

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:58PM

scooter doesn't read them -- frees up more time for his trolling.

Posted by: On the Fence ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:20AM

interesting topic. I am not surprised to hear about the Nelson lawsuit and all the evidence disappearing. Quentin Cook was accused of stealing millions of public dollars and steering them into the company for which he was CEO. But that of course, was somehow dropped years ago as well and I doubt any TBM knows about it either. You'll never see it in any bio of his.

But hey, if you get an average member at the ward level to accidentally look in the wrong direction at a woman, or pay tithing on net instead of gross, or wonder out loud why there is just no archealogical proof of the Book of Mormon, and the poor guy will get dragged into a "Court of Love" to be condemned and have his life reviewed in great detail by 15 so called inspired men. (no I have not been a "defendant" in a council, but I have been one of the 15 to my shame)

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:52AM

I did some research on this when Cook was called. He had been legal counsel and Director for Marin Health Care hospital. He, and the CEO recommended privatizing the hospital. After the transition, he became CEO of the privatized entity. There was a grand jury to try to press charges against him and the other directors that formed the new entity. It was eventually dropped.

Millions of dollars of public assets were transferred to the MGH shell corporation in 1985. Probably the comment of a county supervisor at the time, Gary Giacomini, was the most memorable about the event: "The biggest theft of public property in Marin's history."'

The hospital is scheduled to return to public control in 2015.

Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:40AM

First of all, no one really gives a rats ass about the Mormon Church. The whole thing is a hilarious joke to many Americans. The rest care about Mormonism the same way you care about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Bethel, New York.

As for the Mormons themselves, they are victims of North Korean style propaganda. Here are some "facts" that North Koreans are taught about Kim Jong IL:

1. According to North Korean historical literature, Kim Jong Il was born in a log cabin inside a secret base on Korea’s most sacred mountain, Mt. Paekdu. At the moment of his birth, a bright star lit up the sky, the seasons spontaneously changed from winter to spring, and rainbows appeared. This contradicts way less interesting Western accounts of his birth, which state the dictator was born in a guerilla camp in Russia, while his father was on the run from the Japanese.

2. Dear Leader is a trend setter-According to North Korea’s newspaper Rodong Sinmun, Kim Jong Il’s iconic style has become a global phenomenon. The inspired look of his zipped up khaki tunics with matching pants has been spreading across the world, an obvious testament to his outstanding image and influence. The paper didn’t mention the popularity of the 4 inch platform shoes Kim wears, but his oversized shades definitely seem to be a big hit with the women of Hollywood.

3. According to state-run media, Kimg Jong Il is the most prominent statesman in the present world, and people in countries the whole planet over celebrate his birthday with films and festivals. In reality, most nations are confused by his erratic foreign policy decisions on important issues such as N. Korea’s nuclear program.

4.Since any American influences have long since been banned in his tiny communist country, Kim Jong Il had no choice but to create some new non-Western food by himself. North Korean newspaper Minju Joson reported that Kim Jong Il invented a new sandwich called “double bread with meat” in an attempt to provide “quality” food to university students. He then built a plant capable of mass hamburger production to feed his students and teachers, despite the fact that the majority of his citizens battle famine on a daily basis.

5.In 1994, it was reported by Pyongyang media outlets that Kim Jong Il shot 38 under par on a regulation 18-hole golf course – including 5 holes in one! That score is 25 shots better than the best round in history, and is made even more amazing by the fact that it was his first time playing the sport. It’s said Kim Jong Il would routinely sink 3 or 4 holes in one per round of golf, and – lucky for the PGA – he has since given it up.

So, if you are a dictator (and the Great Leaders of the 15 are) then you can claim anything and your deluded followers are expected to believe it.

I think the media just chuckle to themselves and go on to report the real news.....like what Britney Spears is doing.

Posted by: max ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 10:53AM

You also have to take into account that they have been selected and weeded out for their obedience and their ability to not be involved in any scandals. (Or their ability to not let the scandals see the light of day)

If any of them had the type of personality that kicked up a lot of dirt, they would have been filtered out by the system a long time ago.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 11:58AM

If there's one thing I totally detest of the Mormon Culture mentality, it's General Authority worship. To me it's like woshipping Catholic saints!

MY DD once met an apostle at a stake conference. Her TBM dad told her to shake hands with him so she did. When she got back, I asked her what it was like. She responded, "Gees, he's just a man like any other."

I was grinning the rest of the day.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 01:43PM

Date: March 29, 2011 03:26PM

Primus... Thankyou for this short but powerful comment. It shut another door of indoctrination in my brain. I just hate the mental programming that goes unnoticed even when I'm not TBM anymore.

Posted by: On the Fence ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 03:12PM

Primus, LOVED your answer...it is true...the Apostles played a huge role dominating our lives when we were TBMs, but on the world stage, they just aren't that important. Heck, the Pope doesn't even get that much press in the US

And I'd also like to comment on imalive's post. Yes, they are just men. I know Quentin Cook. I went to school with one of his kids. I've been in his home and watched him interact with his family. I've seen him in good moments and not so good moments. What makes him apostle worthy? He is extremely successful and extremely loyal, but he really doesn't have any additional insight into truth than you or I.

Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 08:27PM

being an historian i am still lost in the archives with the smith and young dirt. it equals a mountain range that buries anything that could be happening today. what makes me sick is my nephew who has come back from his mission to africa. whilst there we have all left the church because of the truth uncoverede by diligent academic research. his last post on his face book was that he was looking forward to the last days so he did not have to deal with here and now. now that is really dirty when a poor kid feels so bad he wants to die. he believes his whole family is lost and life is not worth living. how much more evil can a churh be that causes so much conflict in a family and this poor kids mind. it is heartbreaking watching him suffer.

Posted by: quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 03:57AM

As a nomo I didn't know they existed. Didn't know the name of the top Mormon dog. Don't know who heads the Presbyterian church either. I know there is a Pope and it is a big deal when he dies. I didn't know that the head of the morgs was considered a prophet.

Yep truth is no one knows or cares. I think the summary is they are weird but act nice in a stepford wife sort of way. And their missionaries are a world wide joke and to be avoided at all cost.

So, in summary, weird, avoid, don't care.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 09:31AM

As a never Mormon, I agree that 99.9% of the population simply doesn't care about this strange cult. I wish I was still in the dark and unknowing. Unfortunately I have been thrust into their world because we moved to Utah and I have three children to protect.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:50AM

Federal prosecutors spent 11.5 million $ preparing a corruption case relative to the 2002 Olympic bid scandal which was funded by LDS inc. It was thrown out by MORmON (SCUM) Fed Judge David Sams. If you mention the Oly bid scandal to MORmONS
most will act like YOU are the one who perpetrated it.

just more proof that

A.Utah NEVER should have been allowed to join the Union until the MORmON problem was cleaned up.

B. MORmONS are not fit for any kind of public /governmental office/position

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.