Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 04:23PM

Why do some self identifying religious people not understand the absurdities involved in statements like these?

"Souleika Domingues
1 day ago

Why do people automatically assume you're a bad person if you don't support homosexuality..? Supporting something and tolerating it is different. I can't support homosexuality, it's a sin in my religion. But I won't harm someone who's gay or be mean to them. In fact, I have a few gay friends. Not sure why people are hating on religious people, most don't care if someone is gay cause it's their life, not ours. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw

If you changed their words the absurdity is clear.

Why do people automatically assume you're a bad person if you don't support someone going to Hell? Supporting something and tolerating it is different. I can't support someone going to Hell, it's a sin in my religion. But I won't harm someone who's going to Hell or be mean to them. In fact, I have a few friends going to Hell. Not sure why people are hating on religious people, most don't care if someone is going to Hell cause it's their life, not ours.

What religion is this person? Is there one where you can have friends you don't support?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 04:24PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 29, 2015 05:18PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But I won't harm
> someone who's going to Hell or be mean to them. In
> fact, I have a few friends going to Hell.

I found Hell!!!!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4017965931001/hell-on-earth-weather-map-shows-unimaginable-temperatures/?playlist_id=trending#sp=show-clips

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:18PM

That somehow makes it all better? Their bigotry? And he says he never harms them?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:01PM

"it's a sin in my religion"

Well, isn't that special? This person belongs to a group that is so desperate for moral superiority they make a sin out of consensual adult sexuality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 07:01PM by donbagley.

Date: January 30, 2015 12:57PM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This person belongs to a
> group that is so desperate for moral superiority
> they make a sin out of consensual adult sexuality.

I find it interesting that people know what their God prohibits and considers something against God but often can't tell me how these actions became sins?

God wrote what displeases him with his finger? He fingered humanity? Just ask a religious person how action x became a sin. Many religious people haven't a clue but can give you all sorts of reasons why allowing action x is a problem.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.