Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lush ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:22PM

https://codypaigeblog.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/there-are-a-lot-of-mormons-in-utah-get-over-it/

One of my favorites

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 10:28PM by lush.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:23PM

There are a lot of non-mormons in Utah, deal with it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 10:23PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:25PM

Yeah Dave I'm one of them

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:36PM

"There are more Mormons outside Utah then (sic) in it."

My case could not be more at rest.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:14PM

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:50PM

"They built a pretty awesome place so you're welcome!" Wow. Such humility. Does this subservient baby factory really think that other settlers wouldn't have settled utah and made it "awesome" if not for the mormons? Mormons may not realize it but if it weren't for mormons utah still would have been settled (just as the rest of the west was no matter how inhospitable and difficult the land was) and it wouldn't have all the lame sh!t that goes along with mormonism we all have to endure.

Date: January 29, 2015 10:55PM

I don't know if you guys have noticed it or not but utah is kind of a "dessert".

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:57PM

like cream pie ?

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:15PM

Date: January 29, 2015 11:07PM

Why yes. All faithful mormons no that a cream pie usually results in more tithe payers for the cult.

Date: January 29, 2015 11:08PM

*know

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:08PM

There is a anonymous Mormon woman who makes fun of these absurd blogs on blogspot seriouslysoblessed

She goes by Tiffany something and made up a fake family where her husband just finished dental/business/law/medical school. She mocks all the vapid Mormon jargon. Very funny-giving birth, awesome callings where she delegates everything...

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:11PM

I'd rather get out of it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:43PM

One of her points is:

"Mormons are awesome because they don’t resent the US for what they put them through."

Obviously she doesn't know her history, not to mention the history of what went on in the temples, until the Oath of Vengeance was finally removed.

Posted by: The investigator ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:06AM

What worries me the most, from what I have read on exmormon websites, is she probably does know her history and still says it.
she has an Internet connection we know that much about her.

Posted by: Texas Sue ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:12AM

If there is any statement of hers to which I disagree the most, it is that she is "no longer an idiot." There were so many fallacies and grammatical errors that it was painful to read.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:02AM

Note to MORmONS:

Utah is part of the United States of America. It is NOT (the MORmON version of Iran) the MORmON Theocratic Zionist Kingdom and surrounding provinces (States). IF you do not like it, then leave!

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:54AM

This makese want to avoid Utah. I do not think doctrine that sees gays as defective and claims people like me get their sexy brown colour from being bad in the before world is very tolerant.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 08:54AM

Blech. I couldn't even get through that mess.

And for the record, Utah is *not* an ice cream sundae!! Salt Lake City is built in the DESERT not the DESSERT. Ugh. You'd think if you lived there (and it was so wonderful and all, as the blogger points out), then you'd know how to actually spell it.

Ho hum. Another Mormon-mommy blogger who can't spell and thinks she's a professional caliber photographer (note: she's not).

;o)

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 08:55AM

As a consequence of reading that I have lost IQ points. What mindless, self-indulgent, odious, boorish, high-handed nonsense.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 09:11AM

Well, here's the thing. If mormons didn't feel compelled to cram their religion down everyone else's throat all the damn time, then it would be possible and maybe even easy to "get over it." But their right to be mormons stops when they cross the line into legislating with a religion that half the state's population doesn't follow. Apparently, mormons are just enough of a majority to still control everything.

That said, the sentiment expressed in the OP sort of has a point. Hate Utah and Utah mormons? So move already. I've hated a couple places where I've lived because of the people there, so that's how I solved the problem. I didn't blog about what jerks they all were; I packed up my stuff and moved to another state.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:23AM

I left.

Why live in a state with a bunch of like-minded religious zealots who are determined to make sure outsiders are excluded from their little world?

They built the mountains, the canyons, the lakes that make it a beautiful place? Don't think so. But they take credit for it...

Oh, yeah...I left so I don't have to hear stupid platitudes like "Get over it" as if it is a mantra...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 10:25AM by csuprovograd.

Posted by: Exdrymo ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:49AM

Umm, you folks know this is satire, right? Absolutely hilarious. I love the comment section. "Validate me".

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:53AM

I like people who are inclusive, empathetic.

Mormons are exclusive and unempathetic. I cannot respect them.

People are going to see you as Mormons for the selfish, bigoted, passive-aggressive snots that you are, get over it!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:07AM

"I say, rather than that Mormons should flourish here, I will unsheath my bowie knife, and conquer or die. [Great commotion in the congregation, and a simaltaneous burst of feeling, assenting to the declaration.] Now, you nasty Mormons, clear out, or judgment will be put to the line, and righteousness to the plummet."
--Yigham Broung

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:23AM

She says that Mormons are awesome because they don't hold a grudge about what happened before they got here.

My comments probably won't get posted, but at least she'll get to read them.

This is what I said.

You are aware that the temple ceremony used to contain an oath of vengeance against the nation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_vengeance

So, while it may seem to be awesome that Mormon now don't hold a grudge for something which happened over 160 years ago, this wasn't always the case.

And, you may want to look into that Mountain Meadows Massacre. It seems like some Mormons weren't nearly has awesome as others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.