Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DDSnot ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 12:43AM

Beloved Stake President and Bishop twin brother dentists Brent & Kent Hansen - Midvale Ut.

The old trade sexual favors for Rx meds and naughty touching patients while they were under nitrous oxide scandal?

Bad Mormon Dentists!

Arrested, etc. Think it was 89 or 90.

Also, why all this talk about teeth lately?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 12:47AM

DDSnot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, why all this talk about teeth lately?

Because you haven't been to the dentist in so long!

Date: January 30, 2015 01:00AM

I went last March.:-0

I'd link to the Deseret News Story, anyways it was Brent & Kent Hansen. Brent participated in Oral Sex, his brother Kent overprescribed drugs, settled out of court. Kent sued for defamation in 1993, won the defamation case Judgement was $1.00. One dollar.

And that's the twin Mormon dentists sex scandal.

Posted by: anon tonight ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:05AM

They are in trouble again. Look them up on Google.

My brother confessed to one before his mission, about masturbating-while this righteous perv was trading sex for drugs...

I saw one of them on the show Hard Copy crying like Jimmy Swaggart in court... I told co-workers I saw my former spiritual leader crying on TV in court...

Date: January 30, 2015 01:17AM

He was my dentist. The prescriber. He gave me 90 count Demerol with 2 refills for a root canal.

What did he do this time? I saw him on Hard Copy too! OMG! The drama! I tell my friends about it and nobody believes me!

Posted by: anon tonight ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:27AM

Over 70 counts of sexual misconduct and drug issues, still allowed to practice while awaiting dental board investigation...

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:08AM

I had a cousin in our ward, married to a dentist who was in the bishopric. I didn't like him. He was arrogant and creepy. I was divorced at the time, and my calling was with the LDS Single Adults. I became friends with a dental assistant, who got a great paying job with the bishopric dentist. A few weeks later, she called me, crying, wondering if she had to quit her job. She had a little girl to support. This bishopric dentist started making verbal innuendos, which rapidly progressed to wandering hands, to actually chasing her around the room. She was terrified of being alone with him.

In the meantime, this dentist's wife, my cousin, was spending her husband's money on fancy shopping trips to SF and NY, and she was too snobby to associate with any divorced single women. Her manners were rude, and she was unpleasant to be around. (Probably the poor thing was depressed.) The single dental assistant pressed charges of sexual harassment in the workplace, but I don't think she won. What did happen is that the dentist's wife divorced him. The wife had money and land, and as part of the settlement, he owned the land in front of his in-law's fancy house. Typical of Mormon men, the dentist got re married within a few months. My cousin had to work for a living, which, IMO, made her a better person, and her children rallied around her. The dentist also had other lawsuits of sexual harassment, and of molesting unconscious patients. He built a gigantic, ugly house directly in front of his in-laws, deliberately spoiling their view, and started going to the in-laws and wife's ward. He was never excommunicated or anything, and he continued to hold upper level positions. My cousin's parents died, they sold the house, and she moved as far away as possible. She still has her first job, which is a nice career helping other women who are going through nasty divorces.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:50AM

It's a sad fact, but also an indictment against Mormonism, that his type typically avoid consequences.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:42AM

Think Mark Hofmann - cold-blooded killer of two innocent people. Life sentence, rather than death, if he would plead guilty so the GA's would not have to testify.

It's called mormon justice.

Posted by: anon insider ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:05PM

Dentists preying on assistants is very common. An LDS dentist in Provo pretended to have a nervous breakdown in the private lab area. HUGGING me/not letting go, "Oh, (assistant) what am I going to do?" First, you're going to get your hands off me..." He told dirty jokes all the time...

Another dentist kept shutting me in his office for "consultations" (while patients were waiting for an hour...) Finally I left my office keys in the mail at lunch and never returned. His sister turned him in to the dental board for drug abuse/lost his license.

An oral surgeon's wife walked in on her husband and office manager having sex in the dental chair.

Some dentists were abusing drugs via tampons...

I know way too many seedy events surrounding this profession.

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 10:19AM

A new take on on the profession "oral" surgeon.

Posted by: saucie away from home. ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:25PM

I remember that!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes, it was shocking and I'm so glad

they got caught.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:07PM

This is weird, because we had a Mormon dentist in Woodland, CA who molested female patients while they were drugged. I think he may have been a bishop. He went to a non denominational prison.

Posted by: saucie away from home. ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:49PM

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:34PM

You say he was barred from dentistry?

Posted by: 3X (nli) ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:12PM

A decade ago, a West Coast LDS dentist invented a technique of chest massage for his patients who suffered from TMJ syndrome (see the connection?).

Oddly enough, the therapy was only applied to female patients.

Dr. Hands-On did a couple-three in the slammer.

Date: January 30, 2015 03:13PM

Same guy, Don?

I've forgotten most details ...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:27PM

Date: January 31, 2015 08:50PM

Check it out, Don:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,234302,234302

down near the bottom is a 4-year-old post on the Woodland dentist - authored by myself - it must be true: my memory is shot to hell.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:32PM

I was in the same stake as the "massaging dentist." He was on the high council for a while; I remember him speaking in the Davis ward a few times. Something about him always seemed a bit 'off' to me; when things hit the fan with him, I realized why. I did a brief search and found a couple of articles:

http://www.davislifemagazine.com/2010/03/speaking-up-and-out/#.VMvmsmjF-Hg

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/ci_12218603

Even now, looking at his picture again kinda creeps me out!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:42PM

:(. Wish I didn't need a dentist.

Posted by: anon today ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:52PM

If he rests his "junk" on your arm/elbow (like the Hansen dentists...) you need to hold your keys-ready for slicing and dicing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.