Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermo1 ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:29PM

This is so distorted. A man in Idaho is dying of cancer and has been told he has only 6 months to live.

He has decided to visit 100 temples before he passes away.

Why spend what little energy and time left on this?

http://www.youcaring.com/mission-trip-fundraiser/calvin-s-temple-trips/294467

https://www.facebook.com/calvinjoan.newby

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:18PM

-- he's suicidal and thought of the worst way to do himself in.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:21PM

Apparently he believes he's going to hell and figures this will get him acclimatized...

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:22PM

Well, looking at yesterday's news, he can scratch the Rome temple off his list.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 04:18PM

Maybe I can buy him a pair of these so he can look good when he meets Jesus? Around Christmas?

http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product3_715839595_10557_3074457345616706257_-1__3074457345616904219

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 06:06PM

You would think he'd want to spend his last moments with his family. Oh, that's right, he's a Mormon. No need to spend any time with those pesky family members. Instead, make sure your only time with them is spent running you back and forth to the airport so you can watch the same boring movie over and over.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 07:03PM

To visit as many Mormon temples as you can seems to be a goal and almost a race for some TBM's that I know. (How many temples have you visited, and have any of them been out of the U.S.?)

Maybe it is one way of putting some variety by way of travel to an otherwise boring, same-ole-same-ole?

Makes me think of two couples discussing their upcoming travels in which they talked of the Church sites they would include, but as I listened to them, I think what came out loud and clear was they were much more excited about other activities, not the church sites, that would be part of their vacation.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:29PM

If there is one thing I know it is that people can and must make their own decisions as to what they want to do with a limited life span. While going to the temples are not what I or most others here would choose, if it is what this man wants and he can do it, GOOD FOR HIM. There is a chance this goal will keep him alive until he achieves it. I can only wish him well. There are a lot worse things he could be doing.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:50PM

I'll never understand this one. Once you're dead wouldn't you be able to visit whichever temple you wanted to?

Posted by: newnamejapheth ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 12:02AM

I would think it would be more productive to just go to your local temple and perform multiple ordinances rather than spend the time, energy, and money traveling to other temples.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 03:47AM

It's a prestige thing. It is something to write in his obituary. Maybe he's a widower, and the temple is something he can do alone. A cruise or trip isn't much fun all by yourself. I could fill 20 pages with better things to do. This man is running up a huge bill. As for me, I want each of my children and grandchildren to have a nice wad of cash, to ease their pain of losing me.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 05:57AM

faith promoting

brainwashed

ridiculous

you've seen one temple; you've seen them all...

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 12:14PM

Sad fact is that some people DESERVE being Mormons!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.