Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 04:53PM

Sorry i had to say that out loud even the badass has some redeeming qualities somewhere im not going to let others demean me or demonize me anymore including myself. So i dont go to church soooo what it wasnt helping me in any way to sit in a building over and over and over. So ive taken a lot of time off of the workforce to fix all my injuries soooo what i will work again. If god cant respect me for my decisions now ill never get his respect ive made waaaay more progress staying away from everything religious and isnt it the goal to be a healthy individual again yes it is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 04:55PM

Well, *ahem*. I ain't so great.

I'll just leave that right there.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:02PM

I'm kind of an a-hole when you get right down to it.

Date: August 14, 2017 05:22PM

Alright well i am on hydrodone right now if that makes any sense im an a hole too who am i fooling.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:22PM

Hmm, I disagree with both of you.
I think you're both pretty great.

For the OP: if you're worried about "respect" from "god," you're never going to be satisfied. 'Cause IF there is such a thing, and IF it "respects" you or not, you'll never know. So why worry about what it may or may not think about you? Worry about what YOU think about you.

Hang in there. Yeah, you have redeeming qualities. So do the two above :)

Date: August 14, 2017 05:27PM

Thats true i have thought about that never being satisfied with anything i do and it being a neverending rabbithole i think its just my father that bothers me in the end weird how that works.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:33PM

Don't rate yourself. You're great because you are just taking the bull by the horns and you keep going no matter what. You are doing your own heavy lifting! That's the best you can be.

Date: August 14, 2017 05:44PM

Good call i guess ive just always had a chip on my shoulder for my family making me feel lesser than the animals and dead people.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:47PM

One thing that I've learned in life is that not everyone is going to be a fan. A professor that I had long ago taught me a valuable lesson: choose your critics. Choose the people whom you respect and whose opinions you might consider. Don't worry about the other people. Don't worry about the haters. There will always be haters.

Thank goodness we live in a free country! You can attend a church, synagogue, or temple as you see fit...or not! We are nowhere told that we *must* be religious, but are instead encouraged to pursue happiness, in whatever way is meaningful to each individual.

People who are overly invested in whether or not you attend church need to mind their own business, period.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:50PM

One good thing about not being a TBM: you can be self-effacing and *say* you're kind of an a-hole, but not take it too seriously, while if you're a clueless TBM, you can act like an a-hole and feel pretty seriously righteous about it.

A seriously righteous a-hole.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:53PM

It is amazing how many really good people there are in the world, outside of Mormonism! Sometimes, all the love out here overwhelms me--I never expected this--because I was warned that it is a "lone and dreary world", and the non-Mormons are sinners, who need the cult to save them.

You have learned a great lesson about getting well. We need good doctors, but, ultimately, it is up to us to take action, and do the necessary work, to get better.

I have a chronic illness, and when I take charge, I do much better. I stayed away from everything religious, like you did, and I got better! That says a lot about what the Mormon cult did to our life, in terms of unreasonable demands on our energy; stress; depression from being criticized, judged, and put-down; self-blame when Mormons tell us God is punishing us (we can't be just randomly sick, from a fluke of nature); and despair that our life will not be good unless we try to be perfect Mormons.

Mormonism is not good for our health. You, and I, are living proof of that!

Date: August 14, 2017 06:04PM

Yes we are definitely living proof and it took me forever to figure out that mormonism was the sickness or atleast the major one i could not figure out for the life of me what the hell was wrong with me and it took two professionals to point it out to me as i would only talk about religion in each session to the point where they said you may not even have a mental illness cause all my crazy thoughts were religion based, every crazy thought i had was ingrained from a kid about their crazy beliefs but i admit i still have a ways to go but im flying now with my progress im getting better without even realizing cause im staying away from all activity in church now that is mind blowing.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 07:18PM

I frequently tell those in authority "that is all I can do. Take it or leave it!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 07:39PM

I've tried to live by an old adage, "Thoroughbreds run their own races."

In life the race isn't always to the swiftest or the strongest, but to those who stay the course.

And then the other adage, "Life happens when you're making other plans."

Date: August 15, 2017 12:15AM

I like that saying im going to remember that thoroughbreds run their own race

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 08:08PM

Big bro hugs Badass! I read on your other post that you had your tonsils out today. Ouch! I had my tonsils out in my twenties and woke up with the sore throats from hell. It will feel a lot better in a couple of days.

My doctor started me on popsicles, but moved me to pretzels a couple of days after. They worked! The salt promoted healing and the texture gently massaged the sore tissue. If this sounds too harsh, ignore the suggestion.

Now as to greatness. There are great people here. I define greatness in this context as individuals who have overcome obstacles so they can live authentic real lives of their own choosing. In other fancy words, they are self-actualized people.

Some of the great people here, like Hie, are atheists. Others, like Amyjo, are believers. Both are great people--they overcame obstacles and determined their authentic lives. And, Adam, I like having friends like you and the other posters here. They cheer me up when I'm down, they call bulkshit on me when I need it, and I've shared things here that I could never tell dome of my closest friends and family.

You, Badass, are a great guy. You've overcome a lot of shit, are healing, and are figuring out what your future life will be on your terms. <<<Dude! A fuckin' high-five!>>>

The folks who have posted here ARE great people--even the wankers! Of course, I'm a wanker, too!

Badass, I'm going to say this as directly as I can--everybody fucks up--it to be expected as a human! I fucked up when I joined the Mormon Church and became a holier-than-thou judgmental prick. I've made other, less important, mistakes in my life. Don't ever worry about fucking up or making mistakes--these things make us real people. And, Bro, I'd rather have friends like you and the others here than folks who think their shit doesn't stink!

Get feeling better! The Boner.

Date: August 15, 2017 12:22AM

Thanks boner appreciate that you know what say to help me out always and keep on trucking. Self actualization is what i want and is the only thing that matters no matter how long its going to take thats what i want i gotta quit hiding and have confidence to be an authentic person again if i ever have been i know it will come somehow.

Date: August 15, 2017 12:39AM

I have no idea why the post I just typed didn't show up. So, let me try this again...

Adam, you're a courageous, smart, caring, and compassionate man. Everyone needs a reminder to not beat ourselves up. So,
Bro, beat off! just don't beat yourself up! You're healing and recovering from some deep stuff. But, you're healing and moving forward! And, for the record, your posts share the qualities of a guy who's got his shit together. See yourself, Badass, as the man you are--warm, caring, smart, and a survivor. I'm not blowing shit at you. I've never met you, Badass, but I care about you!

Date: August 16, 2017 08:24AM

Thanks boner i do feel like im smarter than i used to be which is big for me but i have to be smart because i cant let others control me again even indirectly like what i have been used to my whole life like some kind of abuse victim that keeps coming back to the abusers because thats all they know i dont want to be like that anymore because i feel they break you on purpose and make you feel like there is no life outside of the cult and could never make it on your own, but there most definitely is life outside of it but it does take time to get there and it does take a ton of strength and courage, nobody is supposed to be being controlled by another or a religion i can direct my own life as i see fit.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 09:32PM

ziller can confirm this thred ~

ziller am great people ~

Date: August 15, 2017 12:28AM

You are the man ziller your thursday night pole dancing threads were the greatest when i was on here last.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 12:29AM

Ziller, the great, where are you from, on this planet?

Date: August 15, 2017 12:34AM

Haha maybe

Date: August 15, 2017 12:31AM

I'm glad to know you're still around, Ziller. I've missed your posts and sense of humor! I think I should do a shout out post Thursday night in your honor. It should be something nvolving a pole. :)

Posted by: nevermo4 ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:20PM

Ziller,
What?You are great people??

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 01:05AM

It's hard to be great when you're as humble as I am.

Date: August 15, 2017 01:33AM

Dave, you ARE fuckin' awesome! No arguments!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:22AM

Keep your eye on Bagley. And hide the silver.

Date: August 17, 2017 04:03PM

Ive seen a donbagley is that to whom you speak?

Date: August 22, 2017 11:47AM

The very same. Flaming red hair, arms like tree trunks, hands like great hams. More animal than man.

Date: August 22, 2017 12:34PM

Haha nice ill keep my silver guarded around that guy from now on.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 01:10PM

Nice to see you on here again, badass! I have been wondering how you're doing. It sounds like you are healing, both physically and spiritually, and moving forward in the right direction....keep it up :)

Date: August 15, 2017 03:09PM

Yes i am thanks cinda

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 08:57AM

You're all individuals.

I'm not.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 10:32AM

Dave, are you a 'couple'? not one but 2 of you?

Date: August 16, 2017 09:27PM

I was once arrested for being an accessory to a guy who put a big-ass firecracker in a pomegranate and threw it at the ice cream truck. There. Now you know.

Date: August 17, 2017 04:06PM

Well i helped a guy by not turning him in for burglary cause he was one of my only friends at the time there now you know one thing.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 04:23PM

Badassadam, this place didn't seem the same without you.
Glad you're back with us!

Date: August 17, 2017 05:01PM

Hahaha that makes me super happy cause i dont mean shit to the mormons in this town glad to be appreciated somewhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.