Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 10:14PM

I should have known, my partner was out running errands, but she has been waiting for them to show up, knowing how much it really bugs me that everybody thinks it's somehow noble for the world's largest army of White Supremacist Doomsday Cult recruiters to go out there every day trying to convince the world's most vulnerable dupes to sing the praises of a man who was no better than Warren Jeffs, who's rotting in jail on multiple child rape convictions.
So they show up and ask if I want to hear a story about Jesus.
I tell them I was Mormon for 40yrs but I am no longer.
They asked why.
I told them I found out some things that the scholars had been saying all along, about Joseph Smith, turned out to be true, meaning he couldn't possibly be a prophet.
They asked, "Like what?"
I had food cooking on the stove so I wanted to be quick,
I said, "He married his follower's wives and teenage daughters and had sex with them. That's rape. That's no different from what Warren Jeffs did to those girls and he's sitting in a Texas prison for the rest of his miserable life on multiple child rape convictions."
The tall blonde in front said, "Well, I still have faith in Joseph Smith."
I said, "So you're cool with him marrying his follower's wives and teenage daughters and raping them?"
His partner standing on the sidewalk said, "I don't think he had sex with them."
I said, "It doesn't matter. Just marrying other men's wives makes him an adulterer look it up. Law of the Priesthood D&C 132:61, there were 5 requirements for plural marriage and Joseph broke every one of them by marrying his follower's wives and teenage daughters and raping them, and we all know what happens to adulterers don't we?"
I shook my head up and down until they agreed.
Then I said, "Besides which, Oliver Cowdery said Joseph had a dirty Nasty filthy affair with Fanny Alger his second wife. She was 16years old. His house maid. Nice huh?
The short blonde said, "Oliver Cowdery?"
I said, "Yeah, that's why he got excommunicated for blowing the whistle on Joseph Smith being a child rapist and he wouldn't deny what he witnessed. And this is the other witness of that book you're holding? And you want me to buy it?
They looked shocked.
I continued, Polygamy was a lame excuse for Joseph getting caught multiple times cheating on Emma. Why do you think she never bought it? She wasn't stupid.
They didn't know and I could tell they were getting uncomfortable.
I said, "Why do you sing the praises of an adulterer?"
They said they didn't.
I said, "You sing Praise to the Man, right?"
THey said they did.
I said, "Who are you trying to kid? I was Mormon for 40 years. it's about Joseph Smith. So why do you sing his praises, knowing that the scholars were right, even the Mormon ones?"
They had no answer and said they had to leave.
I said, "You might be cool with singing the praises of an adulterer and a child rapist, but stay the fuck away from my wife and kids!"
They were laughing when I shut the door in their faces.
That felt good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:47PM

¿ who was paragraph ? ~

Date: August 23, 2017 04:09PM

huh?

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 05:27PM

Haha i only understand ziller some of the time.

Date: August 26, 2017 05:33PM

"English, do you speak it Motherfucker?"

Date: August 26, 2017 10:40PM

I have never seen him make one complete sentence since I've been on here.

Date: August 26, 2017 10:45PM

Lol

Date: August 23, 2017 12:32AM

Holy shitballs i would have given anything to see a video of that. Im pretty damn stern with the missionaries these days but you have me beat by a mile.

Date: August 23, 2017 06:10PM

Thats badass, is that you in the video? Ive never seen that one.

Date: August 23, 2017 06:43PM

Yeah, thats me in video.
Giving Cult brainwashers massive doses of CogDis is kind of a hobby of mine.
Im working on remaining a little more calm and allowing them to actually respond, but something about them accusing me of being evil for pointing out reality, really triggers me.

Date: August 24, 2017 01:26AM

I feel you i get triggered all the time in those type of situations but ive realized i will never make a dent in any mormons mind all they do is quote talks at me they dont say what they really want to say. So i just say to myself let them be.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 10:26AM

That's cool that you gave them something to think about. I also like how you never attacked their character, but you correctly addressed their doctrine and teachings.

I only wish that I would have had a recording when a pair of elders refused to leave my porch. They went a step further by locking their bicycle to my fence. They left my porch in order to walk down the street. I called the police and they responded. I was told that I could legally break the lock, but not touch their bikes.

I don't know why some folks say to go easy on them. They are adults even if they are brainwashed. They should know the truth about what they peddle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2017 10:28AM by messygoop.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 06:52AM

I would have said, "Go away and don't come back. Goodbye."

Then back to my cooking.

Date: August 23, 2017 10:13AM

Then why bother opening the door if you've got nothing to say?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:13PM

Anyone who does not want mormon harassment must make that fact very clear because mormons will return forever until that message is pounded into their skulls.

Date: August 23, 2017 01:47PM

Yes i agree they will never quit unless you are very stern.

Date: August 23, 2017 04:13PM

I subscribe to Ayan Hirsi Ali's methodology, when asked what she does to help others trapped in the faith she inherited and managed to escape, barely, "I induce Cognitive Dissonance, which will either drive them insane or drive them sane. I hope for the latter, which is all I can do."
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwibuey2le7VAhUJ2WMKHRzDBQwQtwIINjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCOn4Kb-GE9w&usg=AFQjCNHvNO2z6ONHakVXOdB2pqqHVFxz4w

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:14PM

Sounds like Koriwhore grew some nads?? Good for you!

Date: August 23, 2017 04:14PM

I've had nads for awhile, but thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXW-CHtD07g&t=71s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2017 04:14PM by koriwhore.

Date: August 23, 2017 06:19PM

Koriwhore for president you should be called badass koriwhore, im almost as bold as you are now and mormons dont know what to do but walk away as well. It feels good to have a strong mind again and take control of my own life by setting boundaries with these people. When i get married im not sharing my wife with anybody.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 05:46PM

Nothing like keeping the representatives of the church (missionaries) as ignorant as humanly possible. What is the point of the MTC besides indoctrinating them as to resistance to truth?

Date: August 23, 2017 10:02PM

I just had the same missionaries walk by my house again 2 days later and I yelled out to them, "You still trying to sell that Joseph's Myth BULLTSHIT?"
They said, "Oh yeah!" And they turned around in the middle of the street and came back towards me.
I said, "How many wives did Joseph Smith have?"
THey said they didn't know.
I said, "34. and how many were married to other men?"
They said, "None. And we looked it up, and not just in MOrmon books, we did the research and you were wrong about Olvier Cowdery, that he wasn't excommunicated. He resigned. And he came back into the church and swore his whole life that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. NEver denied it."
I said, "Where'd you read that?"
No answer
I said, "You didn't read that in In Sacred Loneliness, Todd Compton, like I told you. He's Mormon and you didn't even bother to read him did you?"
THey said they didn't care. The obviously Senior Comp said, "Look, we don't even care. We just feel really sorry for you because you're so angry!"
I said, "Oh, don't feel sad for me. I'm free! Yeahaww! I'm about to go have a beer and smoke a j in my hammock, Wanna join me? But I am just so amazed that people think it's perfectly acceptable for the world's largest army of cult recruiters to go around the world trying to convince people to sing the praises of a child rapist no better than Warren Jeffs. It's amazing to me that intelligent people would just tell bald faced lies, and continue singing the praises of such an evil man as Joseph's Myth. But if you're cool with that. Get the fuck off my property and don't come near me again.
They waved me off.
I shouted, "And have fun singing praises of your pedophile rapist prophet! lol"

Date: August 24, 2017 01:34AM

It does bother me also when i see them walking around like two salesmen, in the end its just a bunch of old guys that want your money so the send the young guys out to recruit tithe payers. But whats even more messed up is how the religion screws people up psychologically and thats no joke i take that very seriously.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 02:13AM

Yep, they don't want to believe their wonderful profit was a liar, adulterous, and a murderous fraud. You are asking them to believe their wonderful parents, family, and friends have all steered them amiss and been deceived. That's hard for a teenager to grasp. Even harder to get kids so thoroughly deluded to do their homework. Maybe you should give them a dare.

I was converted in Illinois and one of the fake stories that really blew my mind when I discovered the truth was the whitewashed story about burning the Nauvoo Expositor newspaper that was spreading "lies" about Joseph Smith. Only problem is that they weren't lies. Joseph really was marrying other mens' wives. To cover it all up he burned down the printing press and spread lies about the men who were actually telling the truth. I've yet to meet a Mormon who will bother to research the truth on that tidbit of history. The men who tried to spread the truth were threatened with death and run out of town. It worked because to this very day Mormons believe the lies and ignore the evidence that the newspaper was correct. William Law was a caring and honest doctor who was trying to open the eyes of the followers who were deceived as he was. Just suggest these ignorant missionaries do a little web browsing on the subjects: Nauvoo Expositor 1844 and Dr. William Law. It's a sad tale.

Just like in North Korea and China, if you control the media you can control the opinions of your citizens. Nauvoo media was completely controlled by Joseph Smith and his cronies. Too bad William Law could not believe Joseph Smith would go to such great lengths to silence him from telling the truth. Had he been as sneaky and as powerful as Joseph Smith he might have had a chance but he was just a simple, honest doctor trying to do the right thing. Yet over the years, LDS, Inc. has dragged poor William Law's name through the mud. And they continue it to this very day. This is why I have no respect for the men who call themselves the Twelve Apostles. They are only continuing the lies and slander that started more than one and one half centuries ago. I wish the descendants of William Law would/should sue the pants off of LDS, Inc. and their self-righteous apostles.

Date: August 26, 2017 10:59PM

Good point.
They are sitting on a gd goldmine!
The CogDis on display is amazing.
You are spot on about the NK brainwashing paralel with the MORmOzN

Date: August 26, 2017 11:13PM

In a nutshell what is CogDis im too lazy to watch the video haha. This might actually help me talk to mormons if it has helped you reach them somehow.

Date: August 26, 2017 11:36PM

Cognitive dissonance
In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. The occurrence of cognitive dissonance is a consequence of a person's performing an action that contradicts personal beliefs, ideals, and values; and also occurs when confronted with new information that contradicts said beliefs, ideals, and values.[1][2]

Date: August 26, 2017 11:42PM

Ok i think i get it. So for example they were taught their whole lives that joseph smith had one wife. Then you tell them that no he had many wives. So now they have two contridicory beliefs in their head about the same man. Then that makes them do some real research to confirm the actual truth that joseph had many wives therefore shattering part of their shelf. Am i kind of close to the idea or am i way off?

Date: August 27, 2017 01:09AM

Exactly. Like Ayan Hirsi Ali says, "I cause Cog Dis, which will either drive them insane or drive them sane. I hope fir the latter, which is all I can do, after all." (In answer to question of how she helps women being held captive and abused by her former faith, Islam.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 02:34AM

I must admit Koriwhore that I love reading about these interactions you have with the missionaries. I am a bit envious because you seem to run into them a lot. I have been waiting for them to show up in my neighborhood for years now and there's none to be found. (I live in the SF north bay area). I sometimes see them on other people's streets while I drive about town but never on my street.

I feel sort of like the character "Red" from Shawshank redemption when he told the parole board that he wanted to find the younger version of himself and shake some sense into him. I want to confront a young missionary and show him why he is wasting his time spreading lies and should be going to school instead. I want to save someone the trouble of "saving" themselves for Temple marriage only to end up married to a Borderline-personality-disordered narcissist who drains your money and soul. Had I only tried to live with her I would have found out in a few months that she was a nightmare. There is so much I have learned about what not to do I wish I could share it with others to save them from miles of pain.

I suppose that ultimately we can only save ourselves. Still I hope.

Here is my prayer (to the great all-knowing unicorn) Please come to my door you mormons. I would love to talk to you. I will feed you and treat you well. I just want you to think for yourself for a moment or two. I am not your enemy here. I'm just trying to help you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.