Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: August 28, 2017 05:13AM

Touched By An Angel was a CBS series that ran for 9 years back in the 1990's. A similar series, Highway to Heaven, ran for 5 years on NBC back in the 1980's.

Both series dealt with Angel(s) going around helping people.

One thing Tess on Touched said that rang true. She said anything that is not true is not of God.

What a wicked web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Aesop's parable about the boy that cried wolf: when you lie a lot there will come a time when no one will believe anything you say EVEN if you're telling the truth!

Thou shall not bear false witness.

I wonder if those liars in Salt Lake ever heard these sayings.

I was always taught that Satan was the prince of lies.

So, any church that deals with lying is no church of Jesus Christ much less of God.

Share with us some truths that lead you away for LDS propaganda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: August 28, 2017 09:32AM

The fact that BoA, according to JS was written by his own hand (thanks Joe), which makes the idea that JS didn't translate the papyri, but he used to receive revelation from god to write the so-called Book of Abraham look ridiculous.
Also the existence of the so-called egyptian alphabet and grammar supports the fact that JS was "translating" the papyri (if we can called BoA a translation)

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: August 28, 2017 11:15AM

Brigham Young teaching that Father Adam was God in the flesh. The church tries to ignore that Brigham ever taught it and if confronted with it they give some twisted apologetic explanation how we misinterpret what Brigham was saying.

The fact that apostle Orson Pratt was known to contend with Brigham over the Adam God teaching refutes the notion that we misinterpret what he meant. An honest apologist will frankly admit that Brigham was mistaken.

The question I have is - can a so called prophet of God teach a false idea of who God is and still be a prophet. Also, can a prophet and an apostle disagree as to the identity of God and still be considered witnesses to his true church.

Of course this is just one of dozens of problems I could offer indicating the falsity of this farce known as the LDS church but it bears consideration. The thing that started my questioning was the blatant dishonesty demonstrated by Joseph Smith in attempting to hide and then justify his womanizing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.