Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 09:41PM

Per their current spiritual leader (going by the last election's results) they believe in God and not the government. so logically they should refuse any and all assistance from the government, and wait for God to somehow make the money appear to rebuild their lives.

Or am I missing something here? Am I wrong to expect a little bit of logical honesty?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 09:46PM by slskipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ark Denied ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 11:04AM

I couldn't view the cartoon on the SLT site (phone), so I Googled to view it, and this link also came up, which turned my stomach:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2876542

The comments prove that most participating in that group to be clueless of FEMA's roles and responsibilities, and have even less access to even rudimentary abstract thinking ability, unless of course, they are apologizing for the lack of god-like ark activity. Where's Noah when you need him? (And btw, right now, the logistics are visible in the moving and care of large animals.)

http://www.allgov.com/departments/department-of-homeland-security/federal-emergency-management-agency-fema?agencyid=7345

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/08/28/federal-assets-supporting-state-response-efforts-rain-continues-deluge-area

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 09:13PM

This was the exact cartoon I was thinking of when I read that. Yup, God sent FEMA and all the evacuation workers. And God obviously sent the hurricane because He is unhappy with Evangelicals.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 10:07PM

People are weird when tragedy ACTUALLY happens, now all the sudden we love government who is that god guy never knew him. Or the best one god guided the government to help so its alright now.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 10:09PM

They'll just say that the government helpers are angels from god. Delusion is global in their minds.

Date: August 30, 2017 10:38PM

But here's the thing they leave out: government money is my money. And yours.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:26AM

Yep

Posted by: 6T3UP ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 10:35AM

Government money is theirs too...

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:09AM

Harris County is one of the few in Texas that voted democrat if that is what you mean.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:23AM

Correct. As did Dallas and Travis (Austin) Counties. The only Texas GOP Congressman to vote FOR Sandy Relief aid was from Houston.

Date: August 31, 2017 01:46AM

I stand corrected, then.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 08:41AM

The characterization that everybody in Houston is a whacko Christian religious right wingers is as accurate as portraying SLC as a city chock full of rabid Mormons.

Yes, there are those of that persuasion living here, but many who were flooded are just honest, hard working people that pay their taxes and are as entitled to tax payers support as anybody else in a disaster. And they are probably not even Christians if they even have a religion.

You see, Houston is a diverse city, with many, many cultures mingling. I know of Hindus, Buddhists and right wing Christian whackos that have been flooded out.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster heard my supplication and protected me. Or he saw us eating spaghetti one evening for dinner and was pleased with our sacrifice.

Posted by: Yeppers ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 10:39AM

You are right, people that actually have an opinion and vote are in the minority.

Most people do not vote, and they are either ignorant or apathetic. These non participants in the political theater just want to work, make money, and be happy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.