Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: antonymous ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 11:24PM

I know a majority who deconstruct mormonism continue the deconstruction to its conclusion of atheism.
It would seem the 15 have access to enough damning evidence to know TSCC is a fraud.
So, is it more likely that they are atheist or believe in God, but still believe the fraud is "doing good work"?

Just my 4am ponderising in old Blighty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Antony2 ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 11:34PM

I don't believe any of them are athiests. (Even the Devils believe and quake). :)

They excuse their knowledge of damaging FACTS as requiring faith to believe. (Looking through a glass darkly).

They CANNOT admit to the fraud of Mormonism in their position. But I don't believe any of them are athiests or agnostic.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 11:36PM

I imagine that some if not all have stopped believing the crap that flows out from them so freely. But, they have a lot riding on it such as; comfortable lifestyles, comfortable lifestyles for their families, adoration from their groupies, perks like you wouldn't believe, etc. So much to lose if one of them were to jump ship. I also believe that each one of them goes through the motions of appearing to be a believer just like I did for decades.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 02:43AM

You don't have to believe to play the role.
Mike Wallace: Are you a prophet?
GBH: I am sustained as such.

Beliefs are for little people. I think most of the 15 are so skilled at compartmentalization that they actually believe. They are made men for a reason. There's every reason to stay in the bubble, so that's what they do. It's a kinder, gentler kind of stupid.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 09:56AM

For the serious answer, this. I don't think it is even an issue for them whether there is a god or not. They accepted it so long ago that the sole focus became climbing the ladder--so much so that defending their church is something to be left to the PR department like any CEO may. They are just happy to be high enough up that they can hire speech writers for free and not have to be stuck thinking of a talk for Sacrament meeting like their subordinates.

What the 15 are actually, is, in a rut.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 09, 2017 01:18AM

I was a newbie convert when GBH made that remark, and I found it profoundly disturbing. It was outright weaselly, and I could not understand why more people weren't upset about it.

He was asked a direct yes/no question, and he waffled on it.

When he visited our stake a couple of years later, I met him in person, and was so profoundly struck by his arrogance and condescension that I lost all respect for him on the spot.

That may have been the beginning of my search for the EXIT sign. I'm not sure.

Posted by: Anon today ( )
Date: September 09, 2017 11:57PM

I'd love to read the whole story of you meeting gbh!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 07:16AM

I am sustained as an Atheist.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 08:08AM

Some might be close to not believing, since obviously they know Jesus is not exactly showing up to talk to them (except through warm fuzzies!).

However, I suspect there are a variety of reasons they might keep it up:

They have too much invested to back out now. It has been their entire identity and they can't entertain the thought that they lived their whole life in a fantasy land religion.

They value the adoring sheep and their prestige in their small pond.

They feel it is important to keep it up and going for the masses who would be hurt and shocked if they didn't have the church running their lives.

They don't want to make waves or have it crash on their watch.

They feel it is better to keep complementing the emperor on his clothes and enjoy the perks.

They have decided the means justify the end even if the church is not true. Docile happy sheep, an ordered predictable culture, and a predictable life map for themselves and family.

For the most part, I don't think they let themselves "go there" in their minds to question the premises about god because that would mean they have to take responsibility.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 09:45AM

You cant believe in anything in a position that they are in is my opinion.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 09:46AM

Please don't insult atheists that way...

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 12:57PM

They are believers and dismiss facts because the paycheck and most things paid for by the church allows to see some great sights and requires very little real effort building something. They just need to come up with programs to try out in the church. If they fail, no big deal because Jesus/God always has another coming down the line.

yet the perfect beings seem to have really shitty ideas....Members may start to think this idea isn't all the inspired but they understand that it takes in imperfect man to implement a perfect plan and it goes wrong many times so they forgive and hero worship the 15 for being some god loving and selfless....never mind the 1st class airline tickets to wherever the fuck they want.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 07:24PM

Great question !

I left Mormonism and more fully discovered Christianity, and if I was one of the 15 old guys, so close to dying and meeting my maker, I'd be scared shipless of my eternal life.

Because... They know they are running a fraud. You can't fool Jesus. Jesus created the 100 billion neurons in your brain, so He definitely knows that the cult is a fraud, and the 15 old guys are as bad as the Chief priests, Scribes, and Pharisees.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 07:27PM

Exactly i was just thinking today if jesus was around he would not stand for what they are doing today, especially the temple stuff he'd tear the temples apart like the days of old.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 10, 2017 10:56AM

"Puny temple worker" - Hulk Jesus

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: September 09, 2017 09:56AM

In a crazy ass way I feel sorry for them. I'm sure they know it's a fraud. They aren't stupid. But damn, how can they get out for Carl's Jr without a mask?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 10, 2017 12:03AM

I wrote to Dieter U. about how the churches fraud effectively broke up my family; funny, but I haven't heard back from him...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.