Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mr. Buddy ( )
Date: February 06, 2015 01:07PM

I am an ardent anti-BYU man. Even as a TBM I despised BYU and the fact that part of my tithing went to support BYU. I am also a graduate of the UofU and love seeing BYU lose at anything.

As a joke, a co-worker in SoCal brought me a BYU cheerleading calendar. He knows I'm from Utah and that I'm not a BYU fan. I made the mistake of leaving the calendar on my desk to prolong the joke and hear the comments about the embarrassingly quirky cheerleading pictures.

Today a gay co-worker walked by and noticed the calendar. He is a really nice guy so I doubt he will think twice about it but I was extremely embarrassed to think he might associate me with BYU and being a Mormon.

I am still proud of my Mormon roots and grateful for my TBM family. But I am beyond irate at Oaks, etc and the bigoted, homophonic rhetoric that they continue to spew. Hail to the Profits who have made me embarrassed to be myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ether ( )
Date: February 06, 2015 01:28PM

This laugh might make you feel better...

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/byu/

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 06, 2015 01:36PM

LMAO. Diversity?!? Cultural diversity? What does that mean in relation to this photo?

The only thing I can think of when I look at the row of privileged northern european descent kids looking like clones of each other is that perhaps they plan to have their wedding receptions each in a different cultural hall.

Hysterical.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: February 06, 2015 03:16PM

I saw this on some other site.

They added the phrase, "We accept brunettes too!"

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 06, 2015 01:39PM

I wouldn't worry. Most of us gay guys don't offend that easily or jump to conclusions that easily. You should have gotten his opinion on the calendar because he would have appreciated the photos more than anyone most likely--or not. Some gay guys are just as clueless and lame as some straight people. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.