Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:30PM

Who is going to get the snowball rolling?

This LIE of a church is destroying lives. And mormon lives matter...

My life is/was destroyed by the bishop from church telling me I cannot talk to all my friends... They leave sad emails, voice mails and texts, why won't i talk to them return calls?... I would be better off dead. I don't know what to tell them? Known me all my life now I'm not talking? Too weird!

Can't go to therapy about this due to them telling me to 'quit going to the church causing me grief.' Already done that, now what? I am depressed about church things, don't go to church, my mind is ate up from living a lie. Divorce was easier than this hell I am in now.

JS and the bom has to be exposed for the harm it causes humans. I want my dam money back from the fraud I was exposed to for so long.

Who is gonna get the ball rolling? Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:46PM

On my wall is a purple heart and pictures of four friends that died so you can talk to anyone you damn well please.

Talk to your friends!

Call, text, write, email send smoke signals, stretch out two tin cans, use a walkie talkie!

By all that is take up your freedom and do as you will. No person even one pretending to be guided by god, has right to interfere with who you want to have as friends.

This is America tell the bishop to go yo hell.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:50PM

He is way overstepping his authority.Talk to anyone you like. You are here and I doubt he would approve of this either. Your life, your decision

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:48PM

The bishop cannot tell you who you can talk to. If you receive or send messages to Mormons you've known, it is quite frankly none of his damn business.

Live your life. Stay in contact with those you made friendships with. Some may last. Others won't. Time has a way of filtering them, so you will know which are the true friends and which ones aren't. Eventually it sorts itself out.

Even if the church doesn't die out soon enough, consider the brain power it's already lost. And the intelligentsia are not returning. What's left are the most gullible and easily fooled into believing the cult's lies, without doing their own homework as in searching out the truth of the matter.

It comes down to a quality v. quantity of members. It may have some level of quantity while its quality is immeasurably going downhill.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:48PM

Cutekitty you are sounding like the badass of old and i am not sure if it is a healthy road to go down. I would have to guess you are in the first 6 months since exiting the church. Am i correct? I wanted to tear all the buildings down with a bulldozer back then. But i dont anymore but its taken a while. I dont even think about the morg that much anymore, whoever they destroy is whoever they destroy nobody gave two sh#ts about me thats for sure back then. I just want to get healthy again and live a normal life for the remainder of my days. I am not a savior and i know that that sounds selfish. I am more mad at a god figure then i am at the cult i think. But i have no clue how to get the ball rolling, the brainwashing is too insane to make a dent. All i can do is try to save myself and get stronger.

Date: September 30, 2017 09:19PM

Ok. I am a puss... I am afraid of my old bishop. He yelled at me, in my living room, in June. He let me know what is what.

Then, the ward dissolved into 4 others. I am 15 miles away from my new building and WILL NOT go there no matter what I can and cannot do. It all makes me sick how there was/is no respect in the church. I have heard- 'go to the new building......'and a whole 30 minute diatribe from the old bp dropping by last week.

I AIN'T gonna be shoved around like some dam sheep. My old building is less than a country mile from my house.

I am afraid of being shunned as an APOSTATE! It sounds like a disease....That is why I am not supposed to talk to anybody...I can ruin the church here telling a few folks of ALL THE stuff I have read and seen about the church. Turn them onto RfM!!!!

Date: September 30, 2017 09:45PM

I tried to start a thread saying we are going to take down the morg but they deleted it. I tried for you cutekitty.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:54PM

You can't fight a pathology that thrives on conflict.

Date: September 30, 2017 09:56PM

Thats what crossed my mind. This would just feed the beast more.

Date: September 30, 2017 11:28PM

What does it mean when 3 posters on this subject have been deleted?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:34PM

Typically, it means that Admin deleted a post for violating a rule, and all replies to that post are automatically deleted at the same time.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:52AM

It means the badass still doesnt know the rules after 8 months. Oh well.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:01AM

I would like to remember everything that I wrote in your thread Adam but as I wrote in the biography board after writing in your thread I can't remember anything LOL.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:06AM

I cant remember anything either it was all out of passion from reading cutekitty's thread. It was taken down so fast i didnt read any responses.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:09PM

Share your life and light with your friends and family any time and way you can. Who the heck is the bish telling you your business. Design your happiness and enjoy life. Cast the cult out of your mind and move on.
In terms of exposing the cult, keep sharing your ideas here. You could go on YouTube and social media and share your experiences there. Love yourself.

Date: September 30, 2017 10:02PM

The bishop was telling me to not ruin his church. I was well liked by several who I could ruin their lives and numerous others. He forbid me to SAY ANYTHING to anybody. I told him an earful in June.

My immediate family are all dead. So, church buddies were my family. It is hard to start over and find things to do ALONE. Is that fun? I have to watch out for my assets now days. Talking to the wrong person could be trouble for me and I am old and just wanna get along......I hate confrontation and arguing.

I know I will change lives if I run my mouth to a chosen few....

Date: September 30, 2017 10:26PM

I do everything alone but its better then the alternative. My goal is to be totally healthy again both mind and body and i can not do that with having connections with the church. I was getting no where when i was active actually getting worse.

Date: September 30, 2017 09:48PM

You're being super strong. It's amazing having your identity just evaporate like that. There's so much left to deal with. It's probably the hardest thing a person can do, reinventing themselves. You ARE NOT a Mormon. That sick cult has its own penance to pay.

You are you. You don't need their bad love. No more bad love. You need your unconditional love. Your universe is within.

Date: September 30, 2017 09:50PM

I dont know what i am.

Date: September 30, 2017 09:58PM

You are I am. Need there be more?

A famous philosopher once said "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything".

Date: September 30, 2017 10:00PM

Was the philosipher brad pitt from fight club? That saying sounds very familiar.

Date: October 01, 2017 01:44AM

We all have the same chemical burn. Thanks Briggy. Yeah, Pitt's character is on the banned words list.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:09AM

Haha is it really? Thats awesome well done brad pitt.

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:59PM

You can talk here. You can rant and rave and talk here and just got to old ward. If you need to feel good, write the 70 for special permission to go cuz your cars bad and your feet are bad and you asked around and everyone couldn't give you a ride.

Date: September 30, 2017 10:05PM

That sounds all nice and all....but,

I will not beg and grovel for anything...

No discussion, no debate.

I am done with the dumshit.

Date: September 30, 2017 10:21PM

If you can't shut it down, an incendiary might help.

(jkz)

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:30PM

I wanted to make two points here.

1.) I want to see the mormon church shut down too, and I think it is possible to make it happen, using strictly legal means. It's like any game, if you're the better player or your team is better, you can win. Our team is growing, and we have a lot of experience knowing what we're dealing with. The old mormon church formulas aren't working well for them anymore. They deserve to go out of business. So never give up on that. Some day, it'll happen.

2.) Mormon tactics are dangerous for one reason. They have no shame and no boundaries they won't violate. It's like a con man who talks you in to letting him stay in your home for one night. Then it becomes two nights, then three. Before long he becomes a permanent resident in your home. Shortly after that, he starts setting rules for you to live by. Soon after that, your kids start answering to him instead of you, and he somehow talks you in to signing your property over to him. If you don't put a stop to it soon, you become his slave. It's time to put an end to this crap and set some boundries that they must respect. When a mormon bishop says something inappropriate in sacrament meeting, someone needs to stand up and say "hey, fuck you. That's out of line" and then half of the ward follows him out the door. In cases where they have a hold on your family, it's time to go to war with them to get your family back. The church is a guest in your life, and their property isn't taxed, thanks to the goodwill toward them by the public. They owe you. Actually, it's too late for tolerating that religion at all. You've got to put a rabid dog down.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 10:37PM by azsteve.

Date: September 30, 2017 10:33PM

I agree with azsteve. I dont know why and i have no proof but i do feel we are growing to where they can really feel it.

Date: September 30, 2017 10:34PM

No shame and no boundaries are what I am afraid of...

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:54PM

I am fortunate that I have a husband who chose to walk out with me. I was almost 57, an age when it's not easy to start over finding a social group. I also had (and still have) a good psychotherapist. We don't have much money because of disability in a very high cost of living area. But I am so grateful for the things that we do have. We have found another church that we enjoy attending, but we have not joined it. After Mormonism, we need a long break from belonging to a church! I don't want to feel trapped again.

I believe that in time, you will make at least a couple of trustworthy friends. Not everybody scams for other peoples' money, but I agree that you have to be very careful.

Date: October 01, 2017 10:50AM

brigidbarnes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am fortunate that I have a husband who chose to
> walk out with me. I was almost 57, an age when
> it's not easy to start over finding a social
> group. I also had (and still have) a good
> psychotherapist. We don't have much money because
> of disability in a very high cost of living area.
> But I am so grateful for the things that we do
> have. We have found another church that we enjoy
> attending, but we have not joined it. After
> Mormonism, we need a long break from belonging to
> a church! I don't want to feel trapped again.
>

That pretty much describes how I have felt since departing the Mormona cult. In the intervening years since my departure have not once felt a desire to join any other religion. And I've been to more than a few. If were not for the fact I was born Jewish through my mother's side, and have chosen to worship at a Jewish fellowship, where I'm already considered one of the tribe (so I don't have to "join,") Not sure I'd still be going there.

> I believe that in time, you will make at least a
> couple of trustworthy friends. Not everybody scams
> for other peoples' money, but I agree that you
> have to be very careful.

Scams are a dime a dozen. That a church would resort to stealing our very souls is a crime beyond words. We were innocents being played until we matured into who we've become.

Just became wiser and more wary after years entrenched in a religious cult. It isn't easy to leave, but it's far better than staying in, given what we know now.

We were bamboozled for a long time. I feel sorry for my parents and ancestors who didn't learn of the fraud and spent a lifetime sincerely deluded. They'd been hoodwinked like we were, and were for life.

Date: October 02, 2017 09:45PM

Bamboozled- what a great word!

Posted by: AfraidOfMormons ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:37PM

Most of us are trying to shut down the Morg.

In the meantime--you can shut it out of your life!

I'm afraid of the Mormons' lack of boundaries, lack of shame, and lack of respect for others. I'm afraid of their physical abuse, because of bad experiences my children and I have had, when we were members.

We resigned, officially, and most of the harassment and abuse has stopped. Resigning is the only thing that has ever worked. Write down all your issues, in your letter of resignation. There are instructions on RFM on how to resign.

Cutekitty and AzSteve are not exaggerating. Mormonism is an evil cult, evil to the core, based on lies, made up for evil purposes (money, sex, power), made up by evil con-men.

Cutekitty, you might be in the anger stage of letting go. I was very angry for about 3 years! Now, the anger just flares every once in a while, when I learn something new the cult has done, and when the cult hurts someone I care about.

When you're afraid of something, there is always the option of avoiding, running away! For example, I'm afraid of street gangs, so I stay out of their neighborhoods, lock my house, avoid contact with gangs as much as possible. Also, if a gang of masked hooligans were to knock on my door, I would not answer. I would not invite them inside. I would not talk to thieves about my money. I certainly would not introduce a gangster to my children. This is just common sense.

Guarding yourself and your family against Mormons is the same kind of common sense. The Mormons themselves have brainwashed you into thinking they are good people, that should be given 10% of all your earnings, and that you should attend a yearly "tithing settlement", and reveal your financials to them. (They don't reveal their financials to you, however.) Mormons are liars--just like a gang of robbers--who have manipulated you into trusting them with your innermost secrets, and trusting them with your children and family.

YOU are the WISE ONE! YOU have a RIGHT to protect yourself! If you are older, and alone, you need to be much more careful! Mormons prey on the weak!

A Mormon couple (friends for 40 years) from our ward came to my visit my 80+ year old parents, when my father was dying of cancer. It was to be a "private" visit. They stayed so late, that I finally had to go into the living room, and explain that my very-ill parents usually went to bed two hours ago, and that they should continue the meeting another time. After an other hour went by, the couple finally left. My father said that the couple had tried to talk my parents into leaving money to BYU, in their Will! Finally, they wore my father down, and he caved in and wrote a huge check to BYU. It was almost midnight, but I called my brother, who was executor to my father's estate, and he and my father stopped payment on the check the next morning.

Your gut instincts are right, Cutekitty! Be very careful. Do you have a family member you trust? Do you have an attorney?

Don't let them bully you--promise me! Yes, your bishop is bullying you!

Flushing Mormons out of my life was actually fun!
The first thing I did was officially resign WITH MY CHILDREN.
I drilled a hole in my front door, and installed a peep-hole.
I don't answer the door to Mormons
It helps to tell Mormons that we are Lutherans, now.
I have a support system, with strong sons and sons-in law living nearby.
Don't let them know you are living alone, if you are.
You have the right to call the police, and report trespassers.
Get a dog that will bark if anyone comes on your property.
Put up a "no solicitors" sign on your door.
If Mormons continue to ring your doorbell, you can yell through the door:

"No Soliciting"

YOU can put up your own boundaries. You can go to any church you want. You will discover that Christian churches have sermons that actually uplift and inspire you! You will find real friends, there.

I have some older widows who had their ward boundaries changed, just like you did. Most of their other friends were "assimilated" by a different ward, and these ladies are all alone. One lady resigned from Mormonism, and goes to the nearby Methodist church. Another lady owns a condo in Park City, and she goes to church there. The other lady goes to her assigned ward, and sits alone in the back, and is very lonely.

No matter what you decide to do--do something--and the anger will eventually go away. Make the abuse STOP. My advice is to not give the cult one more dime of your money. You are not obligated to them. The Mormons have no authority over you!

(((hugs)))

Oh yeah, I like to do things alone, but I do live with family, and have a people-oriented job, to balance out the solitude.

--It's actually fun to go places alone. You can leave early, or stay longer, if you want. You can do things on a whim, without advance planning. You can wear whatever you live, and not a skirt.
--I like to go see the fall colors, alone, and I can stop the car and get out wherever I want.
--I go to the movies alone, at odd times, in the afternoon, and skip the annoying previews, and sit anywhere I want.
--I go to the library alone, to read, unbothered.
--I walk alone, with my dog, so I can exercise at my own pace, for as long as I feel like.
--I go to the operas alone, because no one I know likes opera, and it's nice to not have someone sitting next to you and complaining the whole time.
--I shop alone. It's faster and more efficient.
--I go to the dentist, doctor, hair salon, etc., alone. Why force someone else to wait?

Sorry for the rant. One last point. Friends are overrated. Mormons are forced to be "friendly" to bring in new converts. The most important, most valuable Love is the Love you have in your own heart, the Love you give to others.

Date: September 30, 2017 11:48PM

Wow good post glad i read it maybe i need a peephole they ignore my no soliciting sign.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:50AM

AfraidOfMormons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of us are trying to shut down the Morg.
>
> In the meantime--you can shut it out of your
> life!
>
> I'm afraid of the Mormons' lack of boundaries,
> lack of shame, and lack of respect for others.
> I'm afraid of their physical abuse, because of bad
> experiences my children and I have had, when we
> were members.
>
> We resigned, officially, and most of the
> harassment and abuse has stopped. Resigning is
> the only thing that has ever worked. Write down
> all your issues, in your letter of resignation.
> There are instructions on RFM on how to resign.

This is what I had to do as well. For me and my children. Sadly, the harassment didn't stop, but it was placed on hold for a few years.

>
> Cutekitty and AzSteve are not exaggerating.
> Mormonism is an evil cult, evil to the core, based
> on lies, made up for evil purposes (money, sex,
> power), made up by evil con-men.

I've learned this the hard way when the cult came between me and my children. For that there can be no forgiveness. It is evil through and through!

>
> Cutekitty, you might be in the anger stage of
> letting go. I was very angry for about 3 years!
> Now, the anger just flares every once in a while,
> when I learn something new the cult has done, and
> when the cult hurts someone I care about.
>
> When you're afraid of something, there is always
> the option of avoiding, running away! For
> example, I'm afraid of street gangs, so I stay out
> of their neighborhoods, lock my house, avoid
> contact with gangs as much as possible. Also, if
> a gang of masked hooligans were to knock on my
> door, I would not answer. I would not invite them
> inside. I would not talk to thieves about my
> money. I certainly would not introduce a gangster
> to my children. This is just common sense.
>
> Guarding yourself and your family against Mormons
> is the same kind of common sense. The Mormons
> themselves have brainwashed you into thinking they
> are good people, that should be given 10% of all
> your earnings, and that you should attend a yearly
> "tithing settlement", and reveal your financials
> to them. (They don't reveal their financials to
> you, however.) Mormons are liars--just like a
> gang of robbers--who have manipulated you into
> trusting them with your innermost secrets, and
> trusting them with your children and family.
>
> YOU are the WISE ONE! YOU have a RIGHT to protect
> yourself! If you are older, and alone, you need
> to be much more careful! Mormons prey on the
> weak!

In agreement here. We've seen it time and again.
>
> A Mormon couple (friends for 40 years) from our
> ward came to my visit my 80+ year old parents,
> when my father was dying of cancer. It was to be
> a "private" visit. They stayed so late, that I
> finally had to go into the living room, and
> explain that my very-ill parents usually went to
> bed two hours ago, and that they should continue
> the meeting another time. After an other hour
> went by, the couple finally left. My father said
> that the couple had tried to talk my parents into
> leaving money to BYU, in their Will! Finally,
> they wore my father down, and he caved in and
> wrote a huge check to BYU. It was almost
> midnight, but I called my brother, who was
> executor to my father's estate, and he and my
> father stopped payment on the check the next
> morning.

This is nothing other than ELDER ABUSE. Those people ought to be banned from ever setting foot inside your parents home again. That is just sick what they did to them.

>
> Your gut instincts are right, Cutekitty! Be very
> careful. Do you have a family member you trust?
> Do you have an attorney?
>
> Don't let them bully you--promise me! Yes, your
> bishop is bullying you!
>
> Flushing Mormons out of my life was actually fun!
> The first thing I did was officially resign WITH
> MY CHILDREN.
> I drilled a hole in my front door, and installed a
> peep-hole.
> I don't answer the door to Mormons
> It helps to tell Mormons that we are Lutherans,
> now.
> I have a support system, with strong sons and
> sons-in law living nearby.
> Don't let them know you are living alone, if you
> are.
> You have the right to call the police, and report
> trespassers.
> Get a dog that will bark if anyone comes on your
> property.
> Put up a "no solicitors" sign on your door.
> If Mormons continue to ring your doorbell, you can
> yell through the door:
>
> "No Soliciting"
>
> YOU can put up your own boundaries. You can go to
> any church you want. You will discover that
> Christian churches have sermons that actually
> uplift and inspire you! You will find real
> friends, there.
>
> I have some older widows who had their ward
> boundaries changed, just like you did. Most of
> their other friends were "assimilated" by a
> different ward, and these ladies are all alone.
> One lady resigned from Mormonism, and goes to the
> nearby Methodist church. Another lady owns a
> condo in Park City, and she goes to church there.
> The other lady goes to her assigned ward, and sits
> alone in the back, and is very lonely.

Mormons do not value the elderly among them. They sit in the back. They sit alone. They're ignored. Under appreciated. Isolated. It's no wonder they drop out as they age and stop going to meetings. Where I worship now the elderly are highly valued, and well treated with respect and the dignity they're entitled to as valued members of the community. It's a huge difference to me. The members where I go now commonly live into their 90's and 100 or more. They are prized and cherished beyond measure. In the Mormon cult they are an afterthought.
>
> No matter what you decide to do--do something--and
> the anger will eventually go away. Make the abuse
> STOP. My advice is to not give the cult one more
> dime of your money. You are not obligated to
> them. The Mormons have no authority over you!
>
> (((hugs)))
>
> Oh yeah, I like to do things alone, but I do live
> with family, and have a people-oriented job, to
> balance out the solitude.
>
> --It's actually fun to go places alone. You can
> leave early, or stay longer, if you want. You can
> do things on a whim, without advance planning.
> You can wear whatever you live, and not a skirt.
> --I like to go see the fall colors, alone, and I
> can stop the car and get out wherever I want.
> --I go to the movies alone, at odd times, in the
> afternoon, and skip the annoying previews, and sit
> anywhere I want.
> --I go to the library alone, to read, unbothered.
>
> --I walk alone, with my dog, so I can exercise at
> my own pace, for as long as I feel like.
> --I go to the operas alone, because no one I know
> likes opera, and it's nice to not have someone
> sitting next to you and complaining the whole
> time.
> --I shop alone. It's faster and more efficient.
> --I go to the dentist, doctor, hair salon, etc.,
> alone. Why force someone else to wait?
>
> Sorry for the rant. One last point. Friends are
> overrated. Mormons are forced to be "friendly" to
> bring in new converts. The most important, most
> valuable Love is the Love you have in your own
> heart, the Love you give to others.

I've learned to enjoy solitude. Have always been an introvert and introspective. It is age and time that is teaching me wisdom and acceptance of who I am. That's one of the most valuable lessons I've learned in this go-a-round.

Date: October 02, 2017 01:03AM

I sincerely appreciate ALL your posts. Telling me to 'shut it out of my life'? If it were so simple. It is all out of my locus of control.

They call, voicemail, email, txt, knock on the windows and doors, look in the backyard...

The fear I have is: they may not have authority over me but they can ruin my day...Covering my assets is covering my own ass, living alone in the world. Any perceived threat was for me NOT to talk to my friends, alerting them of all the pornography that has burnt my eyes and the LIES, and deception... 'Fears of consequences that are highly unlikely to occur' is my fear of reaching out to my friends...What if they are so TBM I actually offend them from their celestial bliss? I was TBM and never sought answers to questions I had? No need to.

I don't know if I would hurt or help my friends telling them all I know? If I tell a very rich few of my friends, of my finds recently, available to all at their leisure.....they may quit church as well, and start a snowball effect....This is my fear-retaliation!

I agree with all the 'alone' things to do as well. On the flip side, I have no close family- lone wolf. After I married Stan when I was 29, I realized I was a poor chooser of marriage material. I hate being wrong on such a huge level. I have been unmarried and a TR holder way too long. No fun for sure.

I tell people I am a NUN--don't get nun, don't want nun...

I checked out post- moron sites in my area- nada. I signed on to a site where there are 4 others interested, in my area, but they have no leader. Would I be the organizer of ex/post mormons for my area? I signed up thru the loops and hoops, then.......
they wanted money. I clicked off and here I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 09:39AM by cutekitty.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:40PM

Not kitty.

Eta bigotry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 11:44PM by Cpete.

Date: September 30, 2017 11:49PM

Huh? Speak full english.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:05AM

Guess you missed the censored script.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:11AM

Guess so.

Date: October 02, 2017 09:43AM

I am not a bigot. I am a lost soul looking for answers only...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:16AM

Your bishop is not the boss of you.

If for some reason you want to go to the ward close to your house for a social event, go. What is the bishop going to do, deny you a calling?

Call the women that you want to see to go out to a matinee movie or for lunch or a shopping trip. Perhaps they would enjoy a trip to a historic property, or to see the fall colors, or visit a garden. You don't have to discuss church. You can talk about just anything else.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:26AM

A few yrs ago, there was a Rumor that a certain (unnamed, of course) SP forbid men from wearing Dockers slacks to church...

I repeated this RUMOR to a TBM friend, he told me that the SP was entitled / had the Authority to decree that.

My Jaw DROPPED TO THE FLOOR!

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 09:44AM

Dear Cute Kitty: You are loved and cared about here. You are not alone. If you need more connections, could you contact your local chapter of AARP? They have a lot of resources, support groups, social activities and good people closer to your age you can be friends with. I belong and it provides many good opportunities of all kinds. Do you have any hobbies? Do you enjoy going to museums, the theatre, movies, traveling? Make a plan to get out and enjoy life. Keep your antenna up for scammers. Don't lend $ to anyone, don't invest in scams, contact a lawyer and get him/her to send a Do Not Contact, no trespassing, no harrassment letter to the bishop, stake president and area authority. The abuse will stop. There are millions of lonely people. Reach out to a Senior's group and make some friends.

Posted by: truer knowledge ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 09:48AM

Hi cutekitty,

Yes, you can go to therapy. A therapist who tells you what decision to make, makes it for you, then has expectations that you do those things, is no therapist, in my opinion. One who tells you to "quit going to church" (to solve your issues) gives especially unhealthy advice. Even if you asked him or her what to do, repeatedly, telling you what to do is controlling behavior. Not all therapists feel the need, authority or entitlement to first judge what is right for you, then expect you to do it.

The therapist abused a perceived position of authority, and overstepped healthy boundaries. Sometimes it takes trying two or three to find a good one who will help you find what is right for you, not try to tell you what that is.

I'm NOT saying that quitting church was a "wrong" choice, just that in overstepping boundaries without helping and allowing you to explore options and how those various option might affect you, this particular therapist left you unprepared for this brand new "set of baggage."

Maybe quitting church was the right decision for you, but how could this therapist know and accept the potential fallout on your behalf?

I would ask you to please think about that, and don't give up on therapy. You can interview them to ask if they will help you find answers, or try to influence you with their judgement and opinions. An experienced, good therapist will recognize the question and answer you, maybe even smile sadly, not feel threatened and defensive.

How can the bishop affect your assets? Why are you afraid of that? Did he make specific threats?

No, you would not be better off dead, because this current emotional pain is born of circumstance and can heal. You can find solutions that work for you. I'm not a therapist, but I'd like to know the fears that keep you from talking to life-long friends, if you don't mind sharing them.

Walking away from the current indoctrination sessions, recognizing the base lies you were fed for most of your life, does not mean that the fear-based reactions you experience will likewise evaporate overnight. This is why I ask about your fears.

Fear of real consequences is healthy and help to keep us safe. We don't reach into hot ovens without protection, or wave all of our cash in the air while paying for groceries. Fear of consequenses that are highly unlikely to occur, such as being in "outer darkness" or "being sealed" to [the wrong person] for "all eternity" is unhealthy.

Our bonds with others are our own, to develop, nurture, sometimes sever. The bonds do not belong to any church or church "authority." You are your own authority in deciding whom to love, and how to love them.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:27AM

Another bad thing about the mormon church is its insidious nature. One minute it's about nice people down the street, apparently wanting to be friends. The next thing you know, the Bishop is trying get you to scrum toilets and give him ten percent of your income.

Date: October 01, 2017 11:35AM

Well said weeell said. Anytime i think about anything good about the church i think of the dark side as well. The dark always outweighs the good.

Posted by: tnurg ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:25PM

If any mormon operative comes to your home to intimidate you again call the Sheriff! Who do these creeps think they are?

It is very obvious that the mormon CULT is growing more desperate with the passage of time! High tech - the information age if you will - is upon us! The so-called church can no longer cover-up/validate all the lies that haunt them with each passing day! Victims of mormonism are everywhere/on to them!

Intimidation, isolation/eventual shunning are vile tools available to local operatives who are now selectively chosen to keep questioning victims from breaking free of their CULT environment! Local mormon operative - someone who knows it's a fraud but has something to gain by promoting the diabolical mormon CON! You don't have to let substandard people of this ilk get away with it!

You have the option to ignore your bishop, church authority figures, family members supporting the CULT line/former acquaintances at church who are promoting mormon lies! If you have any real mormon friends left, they will act like a friend/ allow you to think for yourself! If not, check for a postmormon group in your area! You'll have something in common with them - they will understand how you feel! There are usually elderly, social networks/organizations where you live that are beneficial as well! Good therapy! Find like minded, good friends who will be a breath of fresh air in your world!

I was a victim of mormonism for 55+ years - you're not alone! Remember, if you don't want anymore mormon CULT interference in your life - you'll have to put your foot down/let them know! Resignation is also good therapy! I thoroughly enjoyed telling them that they were no longer welcome in my world! Best of luck to you! As Always, tnurg (GRUNT)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.