Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 10:22AM

Mormon Auto-Correct

I have had my Auto-Correct make some very unusual changes to words which change meaning of the original intent. Some are laughable. Once it changed "bile" to "Bible" which was ironically funny, and "crutch" to "church" which was too, but I'm still glad I caught those.

The down side is that no matter how many times I proof something, when I finally post it, there is often a typo or a word that makes no sense and I am left feeling stupid that I could have missed it. Some times it is just the common one like "your" gets changed to "you" or "an" gets changed to "and" which aren't such a big deal but they stop the flow of the sentence.

I finally realized why I miss them when I do the proofing: My mind knows what it wrote and it sees the words that way rather than what is actually on the page.

When you know what you want to see--are expecting to see, there is a risk that is what you WILL see rather than seeing the truths that are actually there--in plain sight.

For Mormons, when you know what you want to be true, desperately need to be true, then something inside you allows you to blindly look past what is true and see what you need to see.

I'm still wondering if I should just take AutoCorrect off of my computer and go without the crutch, but I am really glad for those of us who took Mormon Auto-Correct out of our lives and found the guts to just face life, reality, what is, even when the truth is the last thing we wanted to be true.

An that's alb eye has to said on the subjugationity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 10:39AM

Funny piece, D&D.

My auto-correct turned on around age 20.
It corrected "rely on blind faith" to "think."

That's all it took :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.