Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lexaprosavedme ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:00PM

Right before we were graduating, a girl in my ward got up and said something along the lines of...I don't know where I'd be without the church, I'd probably be a hooker or something.
No lie. AWKWARD!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:15PM

lexaprosavedme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right before we were graduating, a girl in my ward
> got up and said something along the lines of...I
> don't know where I'd be without the church, I'd
> probably be a hooker or something.
> No lie. AWKWARD!

At least she had a fall back position ready...

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:36PM

:)

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:28PM

Something I saw - not heard.

My Las Vegas friends invited me to attend F&T meeting with them. She nudged me and whispered that the next speaker was a homeless man she had befriended.

He got up to the podium and announced that no one in the ward really cared about him. So ge gave the audience his middle finger as he walked out of the meeting.

Next?

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:28PM

An older man had lost his long time wife. Next week he stood up and announced that god had told him not to get rid of her clothes, because he would re-marry soon and his new wife could wear her clothes.

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:30PM

-- we should avoid all words that start with "D" because Devil starts with D and Satan is using those "D" words to depress us and drag us down.

-- Crop circles are a sign that the Second Coming is going to happen any day now (this was in the 90s).

-- It was a blessing that [local toddler] died in an accident because now his parents will join the church.

Posted by: anonyman ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:34PM

Everyone that got up repeated the same words, "I now the church is true." It was like living in Stepford. Creepy.

Posted by: anonyman ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:35PM

That should read: I *know*

Silly autocorrect.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:36PM

Old dude who recently lost his wife said, "You have to breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth to avoid brain tumors."

...ummmm, ok

Super weird guy who looked like Moe from the three stooges said, "My roommate's dog got hit by a car so I blessed it seven times and saved it."

...really now?

Seventeen year old girl said, "I am so happy my brother is getting the priesthood. I wish I was a boy so I could have it too."

...poor girl

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 12:39PM

Someone on this board told the story of how a new convert bride had stood up to tell how thankful she was for her new husband, and how thankful she was that her husband had such a large penis.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 01:15PM

A sweaty, balding man stood at the microphone, his narrow eyes scanning over the pews. "When I lost Margaret," he said, "I was lonely. You can't possibly know the depth of my loneliness. The bishop told me to place my burden before the Lord, and I prayed for a sign. One day, as I was driving to Ace hardware, I heard a voice in the back of the station wagon. Clear as a bell, the voice said to go to the third ward. Go to the third ward. So that Sunday, I attended third ward Sunday school and met Rosie. We've been married for two months now, for time. I testify that the Lord will answer all of your prayers, if you ask with selflessness and humble sincerity." The man said nameajesuschristamen and stepped down to sit with his new bride, who was now a member of the first ward in good standing.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 01:25PM

We have had several converts give thanks for the "Mormon Bible".

More telling then funny. Perhaps consequence of 'dunk fast and before discussions finished.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.