Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OxymormonNLI ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 08:04PM

Hello All!

I'm working on a writing project and am looking for quotes from GAs or Smith or Young or whoever that describe the promised rewards of serving a faithful mission.

I don't mean parents who bribe guys with cars or college paid off; I mean quotes about how if you sacrifice your youth in service to god, he will reward you with all you desire in righteousness: prosperity, a hot wife(wives), a lineage of church royalty, etc.

In particular, I'm looking for the described rewards to be promises of healing and being made whole. I recall being taught that if I served a mission, HF would be "bound" to remove my same sex attraction.

Anyone got any good ones?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: perfectmormongirl ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 10:30PM

My mom was just promised last week in her "setting apart" that if she served dutifully she'd be with all of her children in the celestial kingdom.

Posted by: perfectmormongirl ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 10:32PM

And she was promised a season of good health. Considering a lot of her health issues are in her mind,that might actually work.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.