Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sportsguy ( )
Date: February 08, 2015 11:12PM

I attended the vigil tonight, and am very glad that I did. I wanted to observe the behavior of the crowd, and they were outstanding. I also wanted to observe John and how he handled himself. I was impressed, and sincerely felt he believes he is doing the right thing. I AM SO GLAD I WENT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 12:11AM

Glad you did! It is great that there is such visible support.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 12:30AM

Good for you. I wish I could have been there, but I did watch it for the last while on the live site. Made me feel a little like I was there.

I heard John's speech at the end, with all the accompanying echoes, and thought it was very thoughtful and caring of him to present this as both he and his wife had to be exhausted, and just ready to unwind.

I heard John say he didn't record the court (damn), so I hope he and his wife write down stuff as they remember it. And, I hope he wants to share it with us.

I am dazed in a way. Dazed that in this day and age such a practice is still being thrown down as civil and even (snort) LOVING. I am old, and I can still remember the court for Sonia Johnson and how very much this terrible action made my heart ache. I felt this action emotionally - I remember crying and thinking it was just so WRONG and so STUPID. This time in my life I was not active, had all sorts of issues with the cult, but what I felt, I felt for Sonia because she seemed to want very much to stay a member of the church and be able to work for change. Just how I think John wanted to for a very long time.

Posted by: support ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 12:47AM

They didn't even give Kate Kelly the dignity of a court, or to face her accusers. She just got a letter, or was it an email? Because she was a mere woman. The church dodged more publicity that way...

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 01:16AM

We've heard everything from 50 to 200.

Posted by: sportsguy ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 06:40PM

I think Peggy Fletcher Stack's number of around 200 was pretty accurate. We left after he spoke to the crowd and went into the church. The numbers may have fluctuated after that.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 02:20AM

Thanks for attending. You are part of history.

You could see the pain on Margi's face.

I thought I saw Michael Quinn on the live feed, but I could be mistaken.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.