Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 02:50PM

. . . and behead them.

We're presently seeing that going on elsewhere in the world at the hands of certain knife-wielding extremist religious thugs adorned in their weird, secretive costumes and chanting their death oaths over the heads of their victims.

The Mormon Jesus: Resurrected from the Dark Ages and brought to you by the Death Cult of Joseph Smith (complete with Hyrum Smith's ceremonial dagger, not to mention the ceremonial throat-slitting found in the historical Mormon temple ceremony concocted by Joseph Smith).

A description of that dagger:

"To the right is a graphic of the actual dagger Joe Smith used for animal sacrifices to Satan. The Smith family dagger was listed in the inventory of Hyrum Smith's 'relics.] An authorized biography of Hyrum Smith described the artifact as 'Dagger, Masonic [—] ten inch, stainless steel—wooden handle—Masonic symbols on blade' (Pearson Corbett, "Hyrum Smith, Patriarch", Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1963, p. 453).

"Slides of the dagger were screened at the Sunstone Theological Symposium, August 24, 1985, Salt Lake City, Utah. Symbols on the blade are not 'Masonic,' but they are used in ceremonial magic. One side of the blade has the seal of Mars. The other side of the blade has a symbol for the 'Intelligence of Mars,' the zodiac sign for Scorpio and the Hebrew letters for "Adonai." Occult books recommend the inscription of "Adonai" for those seeking a treasure-trove (Agrippa, Fourth Book of Occult Philosophy, 1655, p. 81; Ebenezer Sibly, New and Complete Illustration of the Occult Sciences, illustration opposite p. 1103; Francis Barrett, Magus, 1801, II:110). These magical signs were inscribed according to instructions for inscribing occult symbols (Henry Agrippa, Three Books of Occult Philosophy, London: Gregory Moule, 1651, p. 245; Barrett, Magus, I: illustrations opposite pp. 143, 174; Melton, Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology, vol. 2, p. 1179). Mars is the governing planet of Smith Sr.'s birth year (1771)."

(To view the actual dagger, see: http://www.conchisle.com/moroni.htm)

The ceremonial temple ceremony throat-slitting:

"The Sign and Penalty of the First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood

"ELOHIM: 'The sign is made by bringing the right arm to the square, the palm of the hand to the front, the fingers close together, and the thumb extended (Officiator demonstrates). This is the sign.

"'The Execution of the Penalty is represented by placing the thumb under the left ear (Officiator demonstrates), the palm of the hand down, and by drawing the thumb quickly across the throat to the right ear (Officiator demonstrates) and dropping the hand to the side (Officiator drops his right hand to his side).

"'I will now explain the covenant and obligation of secrecy which are associated with this token, its name, sign and penalty and which you will be required to take upon yourselves. If I were receiving my own Endowment today and had been given the name of 'John' as my New Name I would repeat in my mind these words, after making the sign (Officiator makes the sign), at the same time representing the execution of the penalty:

"'I, John, covenant that I will never reveal the First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood with its accompanying name, sign and penalty. Rather than do so I would suffer (the right hand, palm down, is now placed near the throat so that the thumb is under the left ear)—my life—(the thumb is now drawn under the jaw-bone and across the throat to the right ear)—to be taken (the hand is now dropped to the side).'

(for a picture of this costumed, Mormon temple ceremonial throat-slitting being enacted, see: http://www.lds-mormon.com/veilworker/penalty.shtml)
_____

Next victim.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 03:27PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 02:53PM

Jesus never existed, maybe.

Torquemada, beyond the shadow of a doubter's doubt.

Date: February 09, 2015 02:55PM

Another proof of their Dark Ages mindset.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 03:11PM

god back in control, which is actually their own mind creating an imaginary friend to talk to. Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind" portrayed what our minds are capable of in creating those imaginary entities.

Steve, I admire the fortitude that it must have taken you to come out publicly. I have remained darksparks for many years because I don't want to alienate old grade school/high school/mission friends. At the least I am able to be frank with them on a one on one basis...but that is a far cry from what you have done going public.

Your historical research and also the personal interactions you've publicized about those at the top are a great help to many who feel afraid to confront the reality of those imaginary friends.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 03:02PM

They of all people should know there is no God.

Or so they hope.

We pray.

Posted by: sandie ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 03:06PM

They take no prisoners and make examples out of those whom disobey the Mormon god. This isn't how a loving, forgiving god operates. My heart just aches.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 03:38PM

Cloak and dagger are right. That knife is creepy.

Maybe they reminded John of his temple "covenant" (coven-ant).

John tried to force the church into being a big tent, inclusive of all members. The church is a pup-tent.

Does this bring back memories/feelings of your own resignation and media scrutiny? Those were courageous steps which made it easier for many people to leave.

Posted by: jaded ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:10PM

I know I'm uber-sensitive about animal rights and all. I cried when I ran over a rabbit. These descriptions horrify and sicken me.

I remember when I first heard about the church. (I was a convert.) My first thought was, "Why, if this is true and so obviously important, have I never heard these things before?" Clearly it was because everyone knew better, except for naive and gullible little me.

I am back to the same question. How is it possible that this information, which was documented and proven, is not more widely published and known? If JS, or rather, SINCE JS was involved in Satanic rituals and animal sacrifice, HOW DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW THESE THINGS?

Thanks for all your research, Steve. I read it all every time, and do the research for myself if I want to further prove its truth and value.

j

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:41PM

I'm appreciative of your drawing this comparison between exing and the oath that existed in the temple when I first attended.

"That" horrible oath was a threat that reeled me. What in the hell was it that I was just asked to do?? This was how it hit me when my mind was still reeling from seeing the temple needing locks on the lockers, being felt up my a cranky-feeble-temple-ordinance-worker, and now expecting me to promise that it was okeedokey with me to have someone in the church slit my throat when I disobeyed.

Threats, threats and more threats are real in the church/cult and make up the back-bone of the organization.

Some are in the open, like excommunication, because you are told about it. Others, like the threat of having your throat cut, even though it is now not a part of the temple ceremony, exits in the Strengthening the Members Committee, which spies on members in various avenues, even going so far as to sponsor stake-outs for someone particularly 'evil' in the church leaders' opinion.

We, says the church/cult, must take out the evil when it gets too evil for us. And, in this sentence the definition of evil is "too costly" to us. When the person or person is causing us too loose MONEY.

Do not confuse the word money with members EVER. Members, the peons, are ALWAYS expendable. Even caring, thoughtful, brilliant and kind people like John Dehlin.

Does make me smile because the only people who lost are the Church/cult elite. They lost by having kicked John out.

Posted by: Crow ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:31PM

Were these threats ever carried out?

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:46PM

Ok, the blood knife thing can't be true. That's too over the top. If that was substantiated, how the hell did this cult ever get off the ground?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 07:09PM

steve benson Wrote:
> A description of that dagger:
>
> "To the right is a graphic of the actual dagger
> Joe Smith used for animal sacrifices to Satan. The
> Smith family dagger was listed in the inventory of
> Hyrum Smith's 'relics.] An authorized biography of
> Hyrum Smith described the artifact as 'Dagger,
> Masonic [—] ten inch, stainless steel—wooden
> handle—Masonic symbols on blade' (Pearson
> Corbett, "Hyrum Smith, Patriarch", Salt Lake City:
> Deseret Book, 1963, p. 453).

Steve, the source of this paragraph of the quote is unclear. I assume the "authorized biography" referenced is Corbett's work. What is the source for the statement about the use of the dagger for animal sacrifice?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 07:25PM

Ahh, I see. The quote is from your link (http://www.conchisle.com/moroni.htm) to the page titled, "Mormonism, the Halloween Religion", by Mark Hines.

Interesting page and doc, btw...

Date: February 10, 2015 08:10PM

. . . is--based on its own history, doctrines and practices--an actual, bonafide Death Cult:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1510423

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 08:12PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.