Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:42PM

They don't stop to think maybe some families SHOULDN'T be forever. Like an abusive, overwhelmed mother who always made you feel like dirt or a husband who is always dismissive and condescending and controlling or a father who spent all his time at church callings and had no relationship with his children. For example, I know more than one temple marriage where the couple are obviously deeply unhappy with each other and their kids are taking the brunt of it and I know a number of women who have dumbed it down considerably to make things work with a controlling husband and a number of men who are second place to their wives "servicing" the church and/or their wives sexual hangups. Yet all these people don't look at the possibility that everyone might be better off apart - not always but sometimes - people are sincerely better off away from each other. But they'd rather be crippled by a bad family relationship under the guise of keeping a forever family. Maybe everyone would be better off if they just chose who they hung around with, both in this life and the next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 09:58PM

Or how about Moms like Susan Smith or Andrea Yates, who drowned their kids . . . I'll just bet those youngsters want to be with their loving families through eternity. NOT!

Posted by: Peter ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 01:49PM

Everyone has problems but I suppose that if we do continue to grow and progress after death than in a couple of trillion years we should be able to overcome some of these things. If we are headed in the right direction, we will get there.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 01:59PM

The day I realized that I loved my family enough to make them (not church expectations) my #1 priority while they were young, then let go of them as they grew older, made their own choices, and *gasp* we possibly never saw each other after death, was one of the most healing moments in this long, long journey.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 02:17PM

Some are so worried about their forever family that they don't bother to spend anytime with them in the present.

Like grandparents who go on missions; missing the birth of grandchildren, college graduations, and just hanging out together.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.