Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bella10 ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 02:41PM

I have a chance to go see my Grandparents next weekend, but there are conditions. My mothers says if I go I have to attend TSCC on Sunday and pretend I am still a mormon. I am so tired of all this deceit and denial. So, I am not going...stupid mormon church >:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 02:43PM

If so, your mother doesn't have this right.

Date: February 10, 2015 03:09PM

I should have mentioned that it is my mother and I that would be going to visit. I am an adult, but to avoid getting into another hurtful fight with my mom where she treats me like I am the most unforgiving and inconsiderate thing she has ever met I am bowing out and staying behind.

Date: February 10, 2015 03:16PM

They train adult kids to do their bidding or suffer tantrums and guilt for upsetting their mom.

The only solution I know is to not play the game. But that would mean telling mom no and walking away or hanging up the phone if she goes ballistic.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 02:45PM

There seems to be an overabundance of fragile mormons that can't handle the thought of a family member that doesn't believe in the same cult that they do. Apparently they will melt like the wicked witch did when a bucket of water was thrown on her. The codependents that shield these people from the truth aren't much better.

Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 03:10PM

YES! Fragile Mormons! So true!

Date: February 10, 2015 03:15PM

Agreed! It just shows how much control mormonism really has over its members. It's rather sad and frustrating to see.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 03:12PM

why do any family members travel to see someone and then attend church with them. We NEVER did this in our family. Usually the people we were visiting stayed home to enjoy our visit. Same if someone came to visit us. I know that most Mormons don't think this way.

I think you are making a wise decision.

Date: February 10, 2015 03:31PM

I agree! I would not traveling 500 miles to attend church with my grandparents. I am going there to enjoy their company, but my grandpa is even worse than my mom. He is 91 years old and would probably keel over at the mere thought of missing church just because family was visiting.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 03:15PM

So you mother makes you seeing your grandparents conditional on you *lying?*
And she's criticizing YOU??

Me, I'd tell her, "Yes, I'm going. No, I won't go to church and be a dishonest, lying hypocrite. If you've got a problem with that, then perhaps you should consider why you're demanding that I DO be a dishonesty, lying hypocrite."

But that's just me. I understand where you're at, I really do. It's just that I took my stand with family years ago, and stopped letting them push me around. You might not be there yet.

Date: February 10, 2015 03:23PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
>
> Me, I'd tell her, "Yes, I'm going. No, I won't go
> to church and be a dishonest, lying hypocrite. If
> you've got a problem with that, then perhaps you
> should consider why you're demanding that I DO be
> a dishonesty, lying hypocrite."

I would say that if I thought it would do any good, but my mom is not willing to listen. She is very "her way or the highway" So I take the highway. If she ever comes around maybe we will talk, but currently I can't take another belittling lecture from her.

Date: February 10, 2015 05:16PM

I'm glad you won't be cooped up with her for a so-called vacation.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:35PM

Why can't you just fake it like that Sorensen dumbass kid? Why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 05:36PM by donbagley.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.