Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 03:50PM

I just found my 200 dollar textbook for microeconomics for only 60 bucks in Brand NEW condition complete with the online access code needed to do assignments for my class. It was the last one the seller had and they even already shipped it for me.

And they told me not paying tithing would ruin me.

Maybe if I had paid the 1000 plus dollars last year I would have in tithing I would have found the textbook for 50? Or maybe the sky would have shat it out on my front porch...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: perky ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 04:10PM

I'd love to see a legit survey showing tithe payers and non-tithe payers and see who is better off financially.

I also gotta say I am pretty much disgusted now when I hear a kids say they can't go to college or have a student loan when I know damn well their parents are paying more than enough in tithes to pay for tuition. LD$ Inc is an evil cult.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 04:11PM by perky.

Posted by: TheNavidsonRecord ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 04:32PM

After we stopped paying tithing my wife got a raise and a promotion. Then I got promoted and then I got a raise.
We bought our first home and after filing taxes, we now make 34% more than we did that first year we were married in the church.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 04:51PM

The last time I wrote out a tithing check, a little over 20 years ago, I held on to it for a few days because of my lack of faith. I knew I wouldn't be able to put enough gas in my car to get me back and forth to work until the next pay day, not to mention get some food for my kids if I paid it and no magic money came. I tried. I swear I really tried to have faith and test the Lord, but alas, Satan tempted me too hard and I did rip the check.

Next day I got a call from the attorney I'd interviewed with a couple weeks earlier, who offered me a job that was about a 60% pay raise with benefits. I thought I was waiting for a rejection letter to come in the mail, but instead the Lord blessed me for caring enough about my family to rip up that check. I got the message and figured when the Lord put me through that much turmoil to teach me a lessons, I'd better heed it. I never wrote a tithing check again.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 04:59PM

paid tithing. He keeps moving up in his company with only a GED. He got a HUGE bonus last week and his wife stopped by and gave me a check as he wanted to share, on Sunday no less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 05:00PM by cl2.

Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:00PM

I don't know how many times I've read an article in the New Era about some parent who had to choose between tithing and getting food, medication, etc for her children and ultimately decided to pay the tithing. And we had to believe that that was the better decision.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:06PM

Boy, I could have bought one heck of a bass boat with that thirty years of tithing money. That is if my wife would have let me buy it.

Date: February 10, 2015 05:41PM

Wow, really puts things into perspective... They didnt just steal your boat, they stole all the memories you would have made on that boat

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:07PM

I started putting my thiting checks in an account when I was doubting and my wife was full on TBM. I figured that if my testimonkey came back I could pay all out of the account. After about a year my wife finally comes to the dark side and I decided to check that account. Wife got a brand new minivan cash paid after years of used vehicles that half worked.

Date: February 10, 2015 05:40PM

Nice!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 05:51PM

My father could have taken care of his son instead of paying the church tithing and many large donations beyond that.

I know where I stand compared to his self-aggrandizement, and it's not comforting. His salvation was my starvation, and I hate his guts for it.

Date: February 10, 2015 05:55PM

And then people like your father brag about their righteousness on sundays during crap and testimony meeting or in talks about how their kids had to go without so that the church can have more... and everyone pats themselves on the back about how great it is.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:18PM

Yeah, he's so righteous now that no one can stand him. He has to pay (with housing and checks) my two youngest siblings to associate with him. Eighty years old and not a lick of wisdom. I gotta hand it to him. It must be hard to learn nothing from life, and he excels at that.

Posted by: zenith ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:06PM

When I was paying tithing I was working two jobs and I lost my home to the bank, I was always needing food from charities, and I could not keep my car or van running. Since I stop paying tithing I only work one job, I have a home that is paid for, my car and van run great, and I can buy my own groceries. The day I stop paying tithing was the day I looked into my Branch Bishop garage and saw two vehicles from the church parked inside. One was two year old that he needed to sell it because it was two year old, the other was brand new. The Mormon cult had bought both of them for him. Now I am not paying for his car, his women, his trips to Hawaii, and his secret booze in his fallout shelter anymore. He can drive an old Junker like the rest of us, my employer does not buy my car, why should the cult Mormon Church his employer buy his, just because he is a Bishop, and also has a pointless job with the church.
My wife still paid tithing for about a year after I quite until she saw the bishops wife throw away enough strawberries and fruit to feed thirty children after a women’s meeting. Just down the garage deposal the food all went in her deluxe kitchen with granite tops. Later during the same week we saw some of the children from one of the poorer families in the branch eating food out of a trash can ... this was good food the Bishop's wife had thrown away in the church kitchen after a church event. That is when my wife stopped paying her tithing as well. This haughty heifer did not even had the human decency to offer the food to these hungry children she just tossed it in the garbage knowing they would dig it out and eat it when she left the room.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:26PM by zenith.

Posted by: newnamejapheth ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:14PM

Are you saying the church paid for his vehicles?

Date: February 10, 2015 06:21PM

Yes that is what he told me. He had a job with the church, and he was a Bishop as well, he told me the church bought him a new vehicle every two year and he had to sell the old one. My mouth almost dropped to the floor. But he told me like it was nothing big, but it was big to me. It was my understanding from what he told me that he got a credit card for gas as well from the Church since his position in the church required him to travel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:30PM by zenith.

Date: February 10, 2015 06:38PM

I never could figure out why the church would say no one works for the church to the new members … but so many rich people in the cult have jobs working for the Mormon Cult doing stupid pointless jobs in the hierarchy. They live in big homes and drive nice new vehicles given to them by this same church of lies, and their wives stay home and make pounds and pounds of fruit salad that they throw way. These women never have to worry about working or anything that most of the real members have to deal with on a daily base.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:45PM by zenith.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 06:27PM

Not ever paying cent in tithing meant I could drive some nice vehicles...and pay for them, and after I got married and started farming, there were some lean years where that 10% would have meant buying groceries..or not. We never went hungry and I always paid my bills. I know for a fact that didn't always happen with some Raymond area TBM farmers that hung some creditors out to dry, but I'd bet a years wages their tithing got paid!

Ron Burr

Date: February 10, 2015 06:39PM

Yes that is true, the poorer families in Church would go to cash advance places to pay their car notes, but they always made sure the Mormon cult got every penny of the 10%. Even if it meant stealing formula and diapers from the local grocery store. The magically good luck tithing must be paid or bad luck with happen to them, the leaders told them so in their brainwashing episodes, so it must be true right??? They could not see they were already living in the pit of hell and stealing to take care of their families.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.