Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 10:37PM

I'll go first. I was disfellowshipped for "not believing". They considered it apostasy because I was a Gospel Doctrine teacher in a BYU ward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 10, 2015 11:08PM

Love it. I just slunk away.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 01:33AM

I questioned the AUTHORITY of the CULT! Smartest thing I ever did. Proud of it too....!!

Posted by: Al Shiffler ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 02:03AM

Because I went up to the podium during Fast and Testimony meeting, take the microphone off of its mount, farted into it, put it back again, and then walked out of Sacrament meeting. The Bishop said that I was being irreverent.

Posted by: bella10 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 02:05AM

HAHAHA, I really hope that this is true. This is the best exit story I have ever heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 02:06AM by bella10.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 02:18AM

I'd been inactive for 7 years. They tracked me down and X'd me for "unlawful cohabitation" (whatever that means). I've never met anyone who was involved in my excommunication as far as I know.

I didn't go to their court. It wasn't until 30 years later I learned what i'd been X'd for.

Apparently someone didn't approve of me moving in with my fiancee two weeks before our wedding. I'm guessing it was my mother.

The church refuses to tell me what went on at my own excommunication. Refuses to let me read the transcript. Total strangers can have access to it (if they have a penis), but not me.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 08:52AM

Meanwhile, my brother died a member in good standing. He had a sad life filled with every sin he could fit in and stay mostly out of jail.

It's so inconsistently applied. My niece got disfellowshipped after a manipulative returned missionary basically took advantage of her complete ignorance. The RM? Nothing.

Someone gets a bug up their rear and they convene a dick swinging session. That will probably be moderated, but it's all I can picture when I think of those "love" courts.

Posted by: Anon4This ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 01:19PM

Wait! I moved in with my fiancé a week before we were married, and no one said a word.

I was exed for something else 30 years later.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 01:17PM

The Latter Day tattlers. How is that fair if you didn't even know it was happening? The "file" is all about you, but you can't see it? Talk about secret combinations...

Posted by: Anon 4 this ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 03:49AM

Formal probation for abortion.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 01:13PM

As if you hadn't been through enough!

It was a well known "secret" there were a lot of abortions at Timpview/Indian Hills-affluent Mormon families in the late seventies/eighties. (BYU profs/administration families...)

Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of middle-aged men after that experience...

Posted by: MTfounder ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 01:35PM

I was called to a court for spreading the truth on the MormonThink.com website.

Posted by: Ex Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 01:04PM

"Spreading the truth" that would be the real gospel. :)

Posted by: Anon 4 this 2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 03:16PM

I was disfellowshipped for adultery. DH had full knowledge of it and in fact it was his idea...his fantasies of the swinging lifestyle. However, since he never did the dirty deed with another person...only watched...he was put on church probation for 6 months. The repentance process and reading The Miracle of Forgiveness were what cracked our shelves and we left TSCC before his 6 month probationary period was up. As far as we know, they never pursued other disciplinary/court of love actions regarding either of us.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 04:18PM

That's awesome!

I'd be interested in doing that with my wife but I'd be too afraid to trust the "health" of 3rd party participants.

Oh and i was disfellowshipped for oral sex, and premarital fornication.

Posted by: Anon 4 this 2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 05:38PM

Require recent STD testing for all parties involved. Also, build up a rapport with whomever ya'll decide to meet with. Do not allow anyone to rush the meeting or situation. Trust is still a factor and no one should be rushed into meeting or performing...especially on a first meet and greet. An easier, less pushy, way to see if the lifestyle is for you and your spouse would be to go to a local swingers social. Also, avoid anyone who needs a few drinks or pot to feel comfortable or relaxed.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 02:25AM

Thx for the tips!

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 04:55PM

30 years ago I was excommunicated for fornication. After I slept with my nevermo boyfriend I repented, broke up with him, and voluntarily confessed to my bishop because I wanted to "be right" with the Lord. I was kicked to the curb for my trouble. I was never fellowshipped, and my parents said they would never accept me until I was back in the Church. In the meantime I was shunned and gossiped about by family and so-called friends. I almost committed suicide. A few years later, I jumped through the humiliating hoops that LDS Inc required and got rebaptised. I was an idiot TBM. I've really suffered at the hands of TSCC. DH and I, along with our married children left it behind this past year. Thank God I didn't have to leave alone, and that I could try to undo the damage it's done to me and mine.

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 06:18PM

This type of story gets me very, very angry. TSCC is evil.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 12:59PM

Adultery. During the "inquisition", I was asked if I would stop my current "relationship" and I told the convened group, "No way". I intended to marry.

My fate was sealed.

Sequence of events: Divorce -> interim relationship -> marriage (not to interim relationship)

That "middle game" is always the difficult part of a match...it didn't work out for me.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 04:32AM

I am proactive. And I like appropriate /proper action. There was no reason to ex-com me. There was a reason to ex-com Gordon Hinckley - for Lying. As a person fully empowered by god's authority, the same power that the New Testament Jesus took upon himself, I took the appropriate action and ex- commed Gordon, for Lying. Then I ex commed Joe Smith for Lying, fraud, and adultery.
Brigham Young as well. Now LDS inc does not have any priesthood authority, not that they ever did.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 06:35AM

Good move, smirkorama. We have just as much fake authority as the GA's, so we can excommunicate them. We don't have to tell them anything about it, or show them the paperwork. We can do it all behind everyone's back, just like the Mormons do.

A wealthy, old widower counselor in our stake presidency was caught in bed with our neighbors' young married daughter, while our neighbors were away on their mission, and the daughter and her husband and baby were living in their house. There was horrible scandal, the daughter was excommunicated, her parents were shamed, the husband divorced her and tried to take the baby away from her, so there was a nasty legal battle. The stake president's counselor didn't get excommunicated, and didn't get disfellowshipped, or reprimanded, or anything. All the good old boys on the Committee were friends of his.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 08:47AM

I feel ripped off, I should have been excommunicated, I am a returned missionary dammit! I like fornicating and apostasy as much as you guys. I guess no one "loves" me enough to hold a court for me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.