Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 25, 2017 01:19PM

I got some family history from a very devout relative. It's about a side of my family that I knew little about.

But...But...But what really got me is this little tidbit I did not know.....This couple were divorced in the 1920's because he beat her so bad and one of the teenage sons actually helped his mother get the divorce. This son did not see or speak to his father from that day on and took care of his mother, even learning how to build her a little house to live in. Well, come to find out in the late 60's long after both had passed away, this relative wrote to Harold B. Lee requesting permission to SEAL this couple to each other!!!OMG! They were granted permission because "neither of them had married anyone else during their lifetime". Then this relative gave a lame explanation that she knows it will their choice in heaven if they want to be together for eternity. That would be almost laughable if it were not so horrific for her to think that way!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: December 25, 2017 02:06PM

Makes you wonder- will the creepy abuser, as lord and master, still be King Shit of Turd Mountain in the CK? Since they are sealed 4ever, can he resume the abuse there, and continue to beat the $h!t out of her with impunity 4ever and ever, ahhh-men??

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 25, 2017 02:09PM

That is an abomination and makes a mockery of the mother's wishes.

The whole idea of baptizing deceased people who wanted nothing to do with it in life let alone sealings to divorced spouse abusers is mind numbing.

That is one, if not the most evil abomination the cult espouses and practices to this day.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 25, 2017 02:51PM

Good thing it's all make believe!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 25, 2017 03:04PM

Wow. You have a family jewel with that story! Could they be any more disrespectful?!

Women are worthless unless they belong to a man, any man. It comes through loud and clear.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: December 26, 2017 09:35AM

This was done to my parents after they died. A relative slipped up and told me 10 years later. Pathetic

Posted by: kizzie ( )
Date: December 26, 2017 11:43AM

I am ashamed to say that I did all the LDS ordinances for deceased relatives,did feel a tad strange at the time but I was comforted by folk telling me "its only set if the folk accept the work you have done for them in the temple"what was I thinking of.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.