Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 10:46AM

TBM RM wife going to bishop this am to complaint about the solicitation matter in our complex. City police has talked with the stake president, bishop, and me, and told me he is not going to enforce no solicitation laws agains the church. The church said it is my problem, not theirs....My wife is a legal resident of the US and about to remove the conditions of her green card. DO YOU THINK THAT CHURCH WOULD SCREW UP HER IMMIGRATION, TO GET BACK AT HER AND ME. OR AM I PARANOID.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 10:48AM by get her done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 19, 2010 10:49AM

Date: September 19, 2010 01:53PM

yes

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 11:07AM

Is the mormon church harassing people where you live while your landlord and the police refuse to help? And your wife is planning to take this up with the bish who might influence her status in the US?

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 11:13AM

One of the concepts I have to still remind my wife of now and again is that these people are not truly men of god, and do not truly follow christian principles as a matter of course. They are just dudes, who act in a good way when they feel the need, and act in bad ways when they feel the need.

Oh, and they have a warped world view that has a complete set of false axioms to shape their behaviors, and justify them too.

Your mileage may vary, depending on the personalities involved.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 02:01PM

I don't think the Church sees their proselytizing as soliciting, so they'll probably just say, "So what's your problem?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.