Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Sand box ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:08PM

So if an endowed member just stops wearing garments, but still wants to keep their calling and participate in the ward in callings like primary or youth Sunday school teacher or something similar, what would the church do? Release from calling? Take temple recommend away? Or just look down on you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:13PM

Well I put on garments every day.

Nudity is looked down on in my neighborhood.

Folks don't care to see if I'm endowed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 09:17PM by Shummy.

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:48PM

LOLOL!!! Oh Thank-you, Shummy! I Sooo needed a laugh, and here post this. ^^^^^

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:52PM

Rumor has it that a Victoria's Secret store will be opening up here in my fair valley this year. I have a TBM friend that speculated that it won't do very well; I told her that she'd be surprised.

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:14PM

I would think that once they found out you don't wear them, they would want to know why. If you have an issue with doctrine they would most likely try to pray it out of you and if that didn't work, yeah you may be released until you get your act together enough to satisfy them. I guess I'd wanna know too why you would want to hold callings but have issues with wearing garments.

Posted by: Sand box ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:30PM

I was Just to know how serious the garments were to the church. I am sure there are many members that would prefer to not wear garments and practice religion in the Mormon church as they would practice in a mainstream Christianity church. It seems like there is the push toward non orthodoxy, and accepting those that don't want to wear garments is a big step.

Date: February 15, 2015 09:35PM

I kinda feel like the Lds church is one of those religions that is all or nothing though. Yet another reason we left. You can't just attend church on Sundays and have that be it. Sooner or later you'll be asked to pay tithing, fill a calling, or baptize your child, which leads to your family attending the temple, then to endowments, then to sealing, etc. If you're only doing the bare minimum, they won't allow you to stay there. At least that has been my experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 09:35PM by siflbiscuit.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:37PM

I quit wearing mine way way before I left the church.

My underwear is no one's business but mine and that's

exactly what I told a brand new hometeacher on his first

and last time visit to my home. He asked

if I wore my garments. I told him it was none of his

business. He left and never came back. Let me repeat this

YOUR UNDERWEAR IS NO ONE'S BUSINESS, GOT IT???? That is

a rude and intrusive question. The man had no class or

manners whatsoever.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:37PM

First I wore 5hem only sundays to pass unaware garment checkups by Sisters stroking your back to feel the G-line. I never wore them under the week. Then I totally stopped wearing them and you could asdume thst I don't wear them anymore because my cleavage were a bit deeper than usually from time to time.
However can wearing them nit be really a problem since Elder Cgristofferson gave his "permission" . He saud that according to the LGBT and ordain women debate but I guess it can relate to everything, just like its common in TSCC.

"In a recent Trib Talk, Mormon apostle D. Todd Christofferson said members are free to disagree with the faith's stance on same-sex marriage and ordination of women without jeopardizing their memberships or temple privileges.

"We have individual members in the church with a variety of different opinions, beliefs and positions on these issues and other issues," Christofferson said. " ... In our view, it doesn't really become a problem unless someone is out attacking the church and its leaders — if that's a deliberate and persistent effort and trying to get others to follow them, trying to draw others away, trying to pull people, if you will, out of the church or away from its teachings and doctrines." "

So just do it, shut up.about and don't seduce others to follow your example by passing out the latest Victorias Secret catalog. It doesnt jeopardize your stand!

Date: February 15, 2015 09:40PM

I don't think that not wearing garments is the same as not agreeing with the church's stance on LGBT rights though. The garments are directly linked with your own covenants in the temple. If that makes sense.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 10:20PM

What makws sense in TSCC? You can relate it to actually everything. He said you don't jeopardize your membership or temple privileges. So...
How can't this "jeopardize " not your stand and temple privileges when you say there: Yes I have a different stance on SSM and OW? I don't publish it or talk about but its totally opposite of what the geezers taught, actually in some parts I disagree with them and cannot longer sustain them 100% and I even doubt that their revelations are up to date. In fact when I shut up and lie in the Templeinterview and say I do sustain the geezers 100% it doesent jeopardize anything.
But be sure if you mention a single word about supporting the idea of OW or leave alone that you think ot is biblical that women held the priesthood and can lead the church as well too you are def out without a renewed TR. Same with SSM.
Yes my Jesus Jammies are directly linked with my temple covenants but if I don't talk about that I think they are bogus and or that I modified them to match my wardrobe (like stitching the signs in your bra or getting tattoos that show them or what ever you like or dye them even pink with polkadots) it's okay. It's the same in blue. You can do it but don't talk about and don't seduce the sheeple to think for themselves. And if someone asks you about, even if its your bishop who represents the godly instance in this interview just do, what you always do: lie.

Date: February 15, 2015 09:44PM

Hey Marge, has the new Victoria's Secret catalouge come yet?

Date: February 15, 2015 09:54PM

Well thanks to Homer who writes a lotta my material.

And like he always said:

"Excuse me for having character flaws that I don't work on."

Date: February 15, 2015 10:32PM

There's no business like yo business.

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 09:56PM

I didn't wear the jeebus jammies for a year or two before I left the church. I'm on the east coast and it's pretty common that a lot of members haven't gone to the temple yet or they don't wear G's for whatever reason. I'd never heard of members feeling you up to check for garments until I came here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 09:56PM by twistedsister.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 10:06PM

I agree with Saucie..no ones business if your wearing your church approved gear. Its really not necessary to ensure the world your wearing any underwear at all. I say stop wearing them and enjoy the breathing room. If someone asks, turn it back on them for being so invasive and creepy about your unmentionables. Or flash them for proof..what ever you prefer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.