Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 05:31AM

I can see why planning something overseas with few LDS around would take time and create controversy but neither of those problems exist with Wyoming. Anyone know any info on why there still aren't even basic plans published even though the announcement was in 2011?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 06:21AM

The company which a relative works for recently met with church leaders to give a bid for the construction of SVT. So, it's in the works. Not sure why it's going so slow.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 08:37AM

assigned to begin the work on SVT, but that details of the plan are kept quiet to keep them out of trouble with the holy see in Salt Lake.

Perhaps the delay is because they need more money from the locals. Most of the people living there are simple, small time farmers with a short growing season. They are already taxed to the max just giving their 10%.

I was one of them many years ago. But the people always come through, some how, for their church's demands.

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 10:44AM

Interesting stuff, thanks for your comments

Posted by: the dude ( )
Date: June 09, 2015 03:11PM

Bidding for this temple is taking place right now. This temple has been delayed as the Church as been trying to finish up the other temples in construction. The ability for the locals to pay has no bearing on the construction. Its been an issue of resource management.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 09, 2015 08:26PM

My niece lives there with her TBM family. She was there for the ground breaking in April. I didn't realize it wasn't coming along.

They're very excited for it's development.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 11:44PM

Don't worry...the temple will be built soon enough. The building of church buildings is one of the way the LDS Corp funnels money from the tax-exempt church.

I know it's going out for bid right now. Don't be surprised to find that some construction crew from Utah wins the bid by SEVERELY underbidding EVERY OTHER BID.

It is a little trick the morg plays to make sure that their people get the contract. Don't worry about the company not making a profit with their super-low bid...the change orders that will be filed will make up the difference.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 11:45PM

And bingo was his name-o

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 01:52PM

Is this a New "modus Operandi" for the corporation; to announce Temples almost five years before construction even begins. They don't even give the "announcement" dates anymore. They now have 18 announced temples that basically are still "in the cloud" stage or what has become a weird sort of Mormon lay away program. https://www.lds.org/church/temples/find-a-temple?lang=eng

I live in Tucson and that stupid temple was announced back in 2011 I think. They still haven't started.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 02:20PM

Members of the Royal families are much too busy at the moment laundering money on other projects. You don't expect unworthy construction companies to soil the dirt do you? It's ALWAYS about the money.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 02:27PM

another styrophome panel, limestone tile veneer monstrosity. Anyone been to Brigham lately? What the church put up is hideous. It's way too big, way too bold, way too modern for that pioneer city. It sits on like less than 2 acres behind Smiths. The tabernacle was always very nice and pretty for a small town. Star Valley is such a pretty place in the greater yellowstone where design matters. It's a shame that something like that has to go up.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 03:07PM

Isnt that the temple the morg is building in a town of 2,000 people in Afton, WY!??

Afton, Wyoming

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afton,_Wyoming

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.