Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 08:39PM

So Nielson is God's chosen prophet for the whole earth. His 2 counselors are also Prophets for the whole earth. At least that was what I was taught all those years in Church.

So why did they act like little kids in the school yard?

Why did they not address world issues such as children starving, wars, poverty, etc? Why not say something to the world instead of the way they acted? They said nothing!!! Just words with no meaning.

If they are representatives for Jesus Christ, why did they not take that seriously?

Why did they not give the people of the world encouragement?

If I ran a corporation and I was the head, (in this case Jesus Christ and this is His Church), these guys would have been fired for their actions and not representing my company properly.

It was like they did not care who they were representing.

Now if they were representing the saints, it too was a poor showing.
Something was very wrong at this conference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 10:25PM

Because they're helpless to engage in Anything serious, including situations - issues (Serious Problems) related to church membership, abuse by 'leader's, etc.

All the claims, principles,& values previously espoused by MoLeaders have become either forgotten or hopelessly diluted to the point of being meaningless.

Posted by: Mike111 ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 10:30PM

It seemed to me like they were really worried about what they were saying and looking to each other to make sure they didn't say anything wrong

I think it was especially creepy how Dallin Oaks mouthed the words that Russell Nelson said to try to deflect Peggy Fletcher Stack's questions about women & minorities in the leadership... Like they had pre-planned their diversionary tactics to not answer those questions

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 11:13PM

New junior high class president. Oaks was doing a happy dance inside. Dieter not so much. It must been as bad as being picked last for dodgeball. Henry’s body was present. Don’t know where his mind was. I guess every team needs a stoner.

Posted by: Observing ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 11:01PM

These men don't truly care about WHOM they supposedly represent, nor do they truly care about the general membership other than keeping them bound to the Church.

THEY CARE ABOUT POWER, MONEY AND IMAGE.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 11:06PM

That "news conference" was a well rehearsed scam.
Typical of mormonism.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 12:41AM

I didn't see it - all the comments here say it best - so I won't add much.

Those fools!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 03:28AM

I think they realize that the gig is almost up. It's not the same power and glory that they may have fantasized when they were first called in the 1980s. I agree that they should have said something memorable for the occasion.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 04:17AM

I thought it was creepy. The three cute grandpas act didn't fool me.

They didn't answer the questions and came across as slimy and with zero respect for women.

The shots of Nelson's family celebrating in the other room missed the mark as well. They just reminded me that he betrayed and disrespected their mother/grandmother by forcing her into celestial polygamy a year after her death, and that he'd be happy for his daughters/granddaughters to suffer the same fate at the hands of their beloved husbands.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.