Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 08:15AM

I do not know the exact number of people that have lived before me or that will live after me nor do I care. What I know is men are that they might have joy. The Mormon God does not want us to be happy. So much of life with the Mormon God is evil and will cause you to suffer forever in one of his many minor heavens. Of course the rules for the Mormon God changes all the time.

The Mormon God requires you to wear ugly underwear and used to require married couples to have sex while wearing them. That of course has been changed. Sex is controlled by the Mormon God. What you eat and drink. What you watch and think. Even what you say or publish. Say the wrong thing and you could be excommunicated.

The Mormon God requires his followers to love ugly buildings and to clean his ugly buildings. Wash toilets for the love of God.

I know there are many more stupid rules the Mormon God requires just so his followers can suffer even more than the other 20 billion people the Mormon God created.

The Mormon God loves for his creations to suffer forever. Now that is a loving God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 03:50PM

Agree. My thoughts upon hearing the LDS version of the beginning of time. The teaching of "the war in heaven" which seemed odd after spending time in tscc. What I saw and still see is tscc doing exactly as "Lucifer" tried to convince God to do. Make it so that all inhabitants followed a cetin rule of obedience, no free agency, all conforming.

This is how tscc is governed. Just as "Stan" wanted.

Do what you're told, when you're told and how you're told. And NEVER ask questions or even think of anything different then what I tell you.

The LDS church is the church of Satan. There is nothing Christ-like about it.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 04:06PM

Me thinks it's closer to 100-billion according to modern statistics.

That "god" guy...he's sure a prankster ain't he???

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 04:16PM

This idiotic notion causes no end of suffering. People think that if they are not peaceful and happy that their life is somehow BROKEN.

BS on that!

Life as a human being on Earth is a temporary episode expressly designed on purpose to afford immortal spirit soul beings an artificial, transient, life-like experience in the flesh. The human personality is a merged combination of the genetically determined human mind/brain and the reincarnating light-energy-spirit soul who enters the fetus usually around the third month of gestation.

Life is a wild ride for YOUR immortal spirit being ... traveling very temporarily inside a human body constrained to 3D reality and the pros and cons of its genetic heritage and family dynamics somewhere between loving/nurturing and toxic/abusive.

Lemme shed some darkness on this concept:

When you were a kid and went to an amusement park with roller coasters, haunted houses, upside down rides, etc., which rides attracted you the most? The peaceful Dumbo kiddie ride or the little boats floating the circular canal? No. You were attracted to the scary roller coaster or fling-a-rama ride that you knew would scare the hell out of you. You voluntarily got on a ride you knew would be scary, but yet exhilarating. You wanted to challenge yourself because you wanted to feel the satisfaction of mastering something difficult and intimidating. Afterwards, your self-esteem and courage would be kicked up a notch. You actually felt more ALIVE for the experience. Right?

How is Life on Planet Earth any different?

Wake up call:

If you somehow functionally internalized this concept ... that Life is a Wild Ride that YOUR immortal soul voluntarily bought a ticket for and then climbed on board ... of your own free will ... could/would you see your pain and suffering in a whole new light?

What if your very own personal life is actually a grand challenge for YOUR immortal soul character, and not a punishment intended to make you hurt for no good reason?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 04:17PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 04:41PM

A couple of days ago, I read an L.A. Times article on how gangs of armed men in Tanzania are invading homes at the point of a machete in order to abduct albino children by force. The kidnapped children (infants, 4-year-olds, whatever they can get) are then hacked to death and their limbs cut off for folk medicines. Since the sequence of amputation and death isn't made fully clear, maybe the limbs are severed while the children are alive, then left to bleed out and die from shock.

What you're saying is that these immortal souls voluntarily chose to have this happen to them. In that case, since these souls brought it on themselves by their own choice, why should we feel horrified when these things happen? Why should we care about justice? Should it change our view of the perpetrators of these atrocities, since they were only the instruments of these souls' voluntary means of destruction?

From the other side, would *you* volunteer to return for another life, knowing that at some point *you* would personally hack the limbs off an albino child? Your philosophy seems to imply that yes, you would do just that.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 07:31PM

Short answer: It's complicated, and also tempting to cite horrible atrocities committed by humans and wonder how it could possibly make sense to be on the giving or receiving end of horrific mayhem "on purpose".

Souls occupying bodies who commit violence against others clearly have some learning and character building work ahead of them. Souls occupying bodies who are hacked up to become folk medicine could have been the machete wielders in a prior lifetime. Parents of murdered kids could be looking to grow their courage and resiliency in the face of deep sorrow, etc.

Like I said, it's complicated, and also virtually impossible to understand the interwoven life paths that seem to give everyone involved meaningful experiences one way or the other.

If one reads Michael Newton's books about Life Between Life hypnotic regressions, the seemingly senseless mayhem and abuse on Planet Earth makes a LOT more sense. It's totally impossible to make sense of it without seeing Earth as a Reality Show Roller Coaster designed to give immortal souls opportunities to test their spiritual mettle or undergo some karmic retraining in response to unfortunate behavior choices in the past.

Men (humans) are NOT that they might have joy. Men are that they might learn how to make non-destructive choices and grow the character of their eternal souls ... one lifetime at a time.

Without the wide angle perspective (spanning multiple lifetimes), life on Earth appears senselessly brutal. It is indeed brutal, but not senselessly or without purpose.

You wrote: "What you're saying is that these immortal souls voluntarily chose to have this happen to them. In that case, since these souls brought it on themselves by their own choice, why should we feel horrified when these things happen? Why should we care about justice? Should it change our view of the perpetrators of these atrocities, since they were only the instruments of these souls' voluntary means of destruction?"

Souls are responsible for their choices and behavior and don't always successfully influence the primitive human mind/brain. Seems to me that living a life of love and compassion includes protecting the ostensibly innocent from harm when the opportunity arises. Our societies administer "justice" as best we can based on the available information, albeit limited.

Maybe presuming that most things happen for unseen reasons that ultimately serve some higher purpose beyond our perspective and understanding is a good place to be. Also, realizing that the only behavior we can control is our own.

"Become the change you want to see in the world." (Ghandi) And don't get upset if "peace on earth, goodwill towards men" does not suddenly become pandemic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 07:47PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 04:26PM

The Mormon God is a petty despot, which is not entirely surprising given that the Abrahamic God is often likewise. I decided a long time ago that any being worthy of being called "God" should be spiritually enlightened and evolved.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.