Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: soudemais ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:03PM

For everyone who is ex-mo and gone through this re-awarness of the big Joe Smith Con, do you all feel like these other Christian denominations are like vultures circling over head waiting for your ex-mo carcus to die so they can swoop in and take another pluck at you?

I feel like I have been ravaged in everyway by jolly joe and his harmonal symphony. Ole brother Brigham...Bring-um Young N Bring-um often.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:50PM

Most other groups IMO have been surprisingly compassionate and supportive, not pushy or opportunistic at all! (Pressbees, Cat-aholics, UUs, CommChrist).

I actually don't think other cult groups have a prayer with exmos (pun intended).

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:55PM

I live in a very small town and we're the only mormon family. My dh grew up here and everyone knows their family. I have gone to a non-denom. church a few times, but always feel a little bit TOO welcomed (if ya' know what I mean). It's nice that I am welcomed, but I feel like if I join, they will be baring testimonies and having shout-out praises about converting the former mormon cult member.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:30PM

I get the impression that they view my disaffection as proof that they are right... little do they know that I think thier faith is based on fiction also, it's just that their churches are less distructive to personal relationships.

Posted by: soudemais ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:52PM

It they may let you get drunk once in a while. By the way, what does n/t mean in here? Is it "no thanks"?

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 12:59AM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 01:12AM

I had a Christian tell me that "it is better to be an Atheist than to be a Mormon," in an attempt to get me to look for Christ in my life again.

I hated his perspective.

I also hated how I was a much better and much more persuasive missionary.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.