Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fully Disvested ( )
Date: October 05, 2014 07:01PM

A snippet from Mormonthink.com

In December of 1933, a newspaper article was written in the Church News section of The Deseret News. The title of the article was “Mormonism in the New Germany.” This article praised the new regime of Adolf Hitler and sought to compare the glory of LDS teachings with the new doctrine of Nazism that was spreading across the German nations. The article’s author, Dale Clark, was not the only Mormon to openly praise Hitler and Nazi Germany. Many other Mormon publications, including The Millennial Star, were used to compare and contrast Mormonism with Nazi Germany.

The first correlation of the LDS church with Nazism centered on the dynamic leader of Germany, Adolf Hitler. He was charismatic, strong, dedicated to his beliefs, a great orator, and was widely viewed as a savior figure to the Fatherland. Many Mormons could appreciate the qualities of a figure like Hitler, as these characteristics were the same ones valued in a General Authority of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Looking back on these statements it is hard to imagine that a church of God would align itself with some of the most despicable leaders of the past century. It is a lesson, however, in how the Church should conduct itself in other nations and with other cultures. As the Church continues to grow and expand their missionary efforts in other countries, they must be prepared for unsavory and hostile governments.

The Church’s past diplomatic strategy has previously been defined by the twelfth Article of Faith: “We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.” By tacitly endorsing rulers like Hitler and the Nazis, it forever tarnishes the image of the Church in places like Germany, where such endorsements are not quickly forgotten.

From the adoration that the LDS Church showed Hitler and Nazi Germany in the 1930s, we have to ask where was the power of discernment amongst the prophet and apostles? How could they not have had any clue that this man, that the LDS Church wrote many praising things about, was within a few years of becoming the most evil man in history?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 06, 2014 12:59PM

Posted by: Up ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 01:34AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 05, 2014 07:09PM

He said they should adapt the Mormon programs to accommodate the Nazis. After that the Mormons hung a swastika flag over the meeting hall and put up a sign telling Mormons of Jewish descent to stay away as they were no longer welcome.

Sometimes the sacrament meetings would be devoted to listening to major Nazi speeches.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 05, 2014 07:25PM

Didn't they regret doing this!??

Posted by: Adolph Hitler the Israeli King ( )
Date: October 05, 2014 08:52PM

Why is it that you exmormons tend to focus so much on the fact that I was baptized into the Mormon faith in the Mormon temples around the world many times over? What about when I got my washings and annointings done in the temple? That's when I was annointed in a Temple of our God to become a King and Priest unto the Most High God to rule and reign in the House of ISRAEL forever.

I need to thank the Mormons for being so PR savvy in making sure I'm an Israeli King in the hereafter ;) Sure its no match for Tommy and Boyd f***ing up Prop Hate in California. But the exmormons just seem to miss the opportunity the Mormons have given themselves to shoot themselves in the foot with their global reputation by failing to remind people that they made me an Israel King to rule and reign forever :)

Sincerely yours,

King Adolph of the Israelis

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 05, 2014 09:21PM

Authoritarians of a feather stick together.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 26, 2018 12:43PM

This subject really bothers me. In comparison, God dispatched Jonah to the "city" of Nineveh to save them from destruction if they repented. We then get this whole epic story of Jonah's struggle with the task and the final outcome of saving the city.

...so a prophet was sent to save a bronze-aged city of probably less than 10K people but the 6 MILLION Jews in Europe got NOTHING?!! How can any mormon see this and not realize their prophets are fake?!!!

What could the mormon repsonses be? The Jews needed to die to fulfill god's plan? If God's plan needed to have 6 million people tortured and killed then guess what? God is evil.

I wonder if mormons still endorse Nazis?

Posted by: Anon42day ( )
Date: April 26, 2018 01:20PM

Apparently anti-semitism is on the rise rather than the decline. Did the Mormon church learn anything worthwhile from past mistakes during WWII. I doubt it. Their credibility is presently at a low ebb. Their efforts seem to be continually
In support and of the negative rather than infusing
A difficult situation with financial help and verbal support and approval. For example, instead of wasting money on Prop.8 trying to suppress gay marriage, donating that same money to
the world health organization towards the eradication of
Malaria in children and expectant mothers; a disease that kills hundreds of thousands of children every year in Africa and THEN go on their world tour.

Alas that would never happen

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 03:26AM

I am more than a decade away from my leaving the cult and STILL things like this pop up and I wonder why I couldn't see it before.

Posted by: ExAmmon ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 09:54AM

Me too. I left 17 years ago and this stuff 1. shocks me at how hideous it is and 2. horrifies me that generations of my family were very loyal Mormons despite them raising me with any overt racism in multicultural southern California.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: April 26, 2018 01:54PM

Don't forget Eva Braun is sealed to Adolf now. Temple marriage for the Nazi couple - how fitting.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 10:27AM

Mormons respond well to lies. At least they have historically.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.