Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michellefaulk ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:27PM

I just spent 17 years on heavy tranquilizers and I am beginning to believe that I was never mentally ill at all, just set up by the mormon church all over town because I got GRACE,refused to leave my husband (who was not a member) and left "The Church".

When I say I got GRACE, the mormon church seems to think you can buy your way into heaven if you just take the menial callings they give you, do as you are told and never talk to you at all. I came off of the tranquilizers and felt immediately like I had been an abused slave.

I have no friends, the tranquilizers and society isolated me from everyone for 17 years, 3 months, and 28 days.. Now my head is clear and my husband does not want to move.

I need to make friends (even if they are only on the internet) that know what it feels like to be shunned everywhere you go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:29PM

Welcome back. Enjoy all of the sights and sounds of life again.

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:31PM

I have known so many mormons over the years who are on tranqs.

Glad you are off of them and now will be happier being yourself

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:55PM

There is an awesome Face book group called Post Mormon Relief Society..... It has been so great. And if you are in the Salt Lake area, there are lots of get togethers. Look it up and request to be added... :)

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 05:15PM

And in Southern Utah, there's the Relieved Society.

Posted by: amyjomeg ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:29AM

I'll be relocating to southern Utah for my golden years in not too far off future.

Looking forward to connecting with the "Relieved" Society. ROFL

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:59PM

Begin therapy with a qualified female Ex-Mormon therapist.

What were your interests prior to the big fog? (Music, art, literature, hobbies...)

Join a walking group, pool exercise, something easy, yet social.

There are meet-up groups on Yahoo for anything from lunch, books, support groups... Find your local Exmo group. You will gradually meet people and make friends. You would be surprised at how many people start over/have drastic life altering circumstances...

You can begin again, and feel all the joy and pain life has to offer. Try and approach it as a learning process and freedom rather than what was stolen from you. If you remain angry, you will waste the time you have left. Best of luck to you!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 05:17PM

Welcome. You are among peers. I went off Lexapro two months ago or so. I can't remember exactly when, which is probably a good thing.

Being involved with a challenging pursuit has brightened my days. I recommend it.

Posted by: lastofthewine ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 02:57AM

I second finding a competent therapist. You're coming off a drug after nearly decades in a fog. If there are underlying medical/mental/emotional issues that were never addressed, the euphoria of self determination will not fix them. In other words, the crap you've been through may require professional medical assistance. It's your call, though.

I hate that nonconformists are often equated with the mentally ill, although in my case I'm definitely both, and proudly.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 11:04AM

Congratulations and I wish you tbe very best. I would recommend getting a good therapist and looking deeper into the reasons you were on tranqs for so long. A set up by the Mormons doesn't seem to be sufficient explanation, and the more you know about it the better chance you will have of staying off the drugs.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 11:26AM

That is wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.