Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonforthisone ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:06PM

From what I've been told this is happening tomorrow night (Saturday) at the Wantirna Stake centre, Melbourne, Australia. Can this guy get any creepier. Please can someone sneak in and record it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ALGuy ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:12PM

Weird and a bit unsettling. I wouldn't leave my kids alone with him.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:24PM

He did the same thing a few months ago. I see a pattern.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1256931,1257338#msg-1257338

Addition to my post: there is no way in hell that I would let him get away with this. I would contact the local TV station and turn it into a media circus. You are the parent, not him. it is a clear sign of a child molester.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 09:35PM by slskipper.

Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:32PM

He's going to hold them all so tight and whisper in their ear that he is a special witness.

Posted by: Anonforthisone ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:34PM

I didn't realise this is a pattern. Is it just him or do others in the 15 also love to be around children with no adults watching?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:40PM

No adults? Really?
You might as well take your child to a house full of pedophiles as have them attend this horror!!!

TBM parents can't see beyond the GA crap. The man is a pedophile just like JS.

Posted by: Classical Guy ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:47PM

I have a mother who I divorced many years ago -- a very controlling EVIL woman. She could not get into the minds of adults because they can't be controlled by her nor can she have serious adult conversations. But, she was good at getting into the heads of young children. Young kids haven't developed mature thinking skills and were controllable and easy to indoctrinate. She's in her 80's and hasn't changed a bit. I have siblings that WILL NOT let her be in a room alone with their own kids. The reason? She can do so much damage in a few minutes that requires a parent months to undo.

So, I suspect Bednar is cut from the same cloth. I'd never let my kids in a room with that man with no adult supervision. NEVER. NEVER. I know what a sociopath is like. My mom was HORRIBLE and still is -- and Bednar will NEVER tell the truth to the youth.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:03PM

And another thing: In Oz, unlike America, religions have to follow the rules just like anybody else. Maybe you should even call the cops.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:07PM

creepy, hopefully he won't touch the kids this time and emotionally guilt trip them, oh wait, that is all he knows how to do. Any adult parent or not, needs to get in and record this !!

In the other video of him, he was so rude to this young boy and made him cry.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:11PM

The adults may not find his analogies as profound as the kids.

Prepare to be pickled.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:13PM

So what is it that the church and Bednar want to say/do to these kids that they don't want the parents to know about? For me, this would cause the red flags to fly.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:15PM

Is there an exmo organization in Australia (and, yes, I DO know just how big Australia is!) which could possibly get information on situations like this to the geographically relevant, active, LDS members there?

Are there exmos (or non-believers) in Australia (or here in the USA, for that matter) who could possibly get a relevant list of email addresses, so warnings could be sent either from there or from here?

A couple of years ago, there was no organized guidance for missionaries who wanted to leave their missions, yet that guidance now exists (regardless of whether the missionaries are serving domestically or internationally). When I first came to RfM, this organized information was not even contemplated...yet now, many people can almost instantly help any missionary serving anywhere who needs information and assistance.

At this moment, an organized way to contact active LDS members in a particular area does not (to my knowledge) exist, but could there be a way to create this?

I understand the complicated difficulties, but COULD there be a way to get information to active LDS members in situations like this?

I'm not exactly asking for responses to this post...it's more like I'm posing a hypothetical "what if???" for everyone here to think about.

In this world of instant planetary communication, WOULD it be possible to create a potential "emergency" communication network which COULD be used if needed?

Because if I was a parent of children who lived in that area, I would sure like to know that sending my kids off to a situation like this, where I was specifically excluded from being able to protect my child, is NOT a good idea on any level.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:40PM

What is this "help a missionary get home" organization???

Date: February 26, 2015 11:14PM

lapsed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is this "help a missionary get home"
> organization???

There is no organization...but there is now disseminated knowledge among much of the exmo community.

When I first discovered RfM, it was the era of members learning that they COULD resign, and learning HOW to resign. That was new and surprising knowledge to many members who did want to resign, but didn't know if it was even possible, or how to do it (how do you write the resignation letter...who do you send it to...are you required to talk to your bishop, etc.).

Later (in the past two or three years) it was learning the practical knowledge of how to help missionaries who want to leave their missions early. Now, a critical mass of people know the information necessary to give some much needed guidance to missionaries, wherever they are serving.

And I am asking if this new field (getting information to active LDS members) is at least potentially possible.

Time for chauffeuring.

Later.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:52AM

There is a group of people that organized at another exmo site in order to provide assistance to missionaries who want to leave their missions. This assistance could range from rides to temporary housing, phone calls home, logistics, etc.

There are also people on this board who are willing to provide assistance.

Posted by: wanderingbutnotlost ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:19PM

It reminds me of the "Koko the Clown" sketch in "The Groove Tube" movie where the clown sends all the parents from the room during story time, then reads erotica.

Date: February 26, 2015 10:55PM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCUz6aS2wKM

Thank you, wanderingbutnotlost and Stray Mutt...

That was unexpected...and very funny.

You guys are GREAT!!!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:35PM

I have no idea how this would be legal, or who would be stupid enough to participate even if it were. Serious red flags all over it.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:10AM

Not really. Every single one of the missionaries is at least 18-years-old, and according to any law in any nation, they are adults. They are free to walk themselves into a foreign embassy and ask for help returning home - even if the MP is holding their passport under lock and key (and all holy hell should be raised by any embassy official that discovers a U.S. citizen is being held in a foreign country with no access to their passport.)

And there is no law against free association. The "kids" are completely free to develop a personal relationship with sympathetic members or investigators. If that, in turn, leads to assistance in leaving their missions (in the form of cash assistance, temporary housing, local transportaion, phone calls, plane tickets etc.), again no laws have been broken.

You are still thinking like a Mormon. The parents can't sue someone - on what basis? The church can't punish anyone without that individual's implicit permission. Once a missionary walks away from the LDS church, the laws of the U.S. and any other nation they are residing in trump any stupid rule the MP thinks he can impose.

;o)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 08:35AM by shannon.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:13PM

Did you even read the post?

No one is talking about a conference for missionaries.

This is about a conference for children.

Children, some as young as 12 years old.

Children being physically and emotionally abused by a sick creep, who does not want any adults present.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:43PM

Could he be speaking on this!??

Elder and Sister Bednar share marriage advice in Australia

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865622705/Elder-and-Sister-Bednar-share-marriage-advice-in-Australia.html

Posted by: NeverOne ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:44PM

All I found was this :

https://www.facebook.com/events/787177088017102

Young Single Adults (Single 18-30 Years Old) are encouraged to attend the Special YSA Devitonal at the Heidelberg Stake Centre. https://www.facebook.com/events/1374367482874446/

Is this the same one?

Posted by: Anonforthidone ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:52PM

No it is definitely just for youth (12-18). Is anyone a Melbourne local and can report it to police? How great would it be if police turned up and questioned Bednar's intentions in front of everyone?

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:04PM

While this is disturbing, someone has to tell the adults they can't go, which I would assume are youth leaders, and some of those leaders probably have children that will be going. I think the info would filter down to most parents. If they parents are TBM, I doubt they will be disturbed by this at all. TBM relatives of mine seem to think the guy is wonderful. We may see Bednar for what he is, but they don't.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:08PM

where's the discernment ?

All I see is poor judgement.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:09PM

This has been a topic a few times that he's spoken alone with youth. One was in Virginia area, maybe? I'm not sure if I would have seen this as a red flag five years ago. When you grow up in this type of culture, you don't know the proper social cues. I have a completely different perspective on Bishop's interviews and this idea of a leader speaking to youth, without any witnesses.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:37PM

hausfrau Wrote:
> This has been a topic a few times that he's spoken
> alone with youth. One was in Virginia area,
> maybe? I'm not sure if I would have seen this as
> a red flag five years ago. When you grow up in
> this type of culture, you don't know the proper
> social cues. I have a completely different
> perspective on Bishop's interviews and this idea
> of a leader speaking to youth, without any
> witnesses.

Exactly.

Posted by: Tootiredtologin ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:32PM

He did this in my area about 1 1/2 yrs ago (northern Utah). Not even the youth leaders could go. The kids were supposed to bring "appropriate" questions on slips of paper & after his comments he would answer several questions. Didn't hear much afterward. My kids had zero interest because we're already out & none of their friends went because it was on a Friday or Saturday night. We didn't hear anything from any adults because they were banned from attendance but all reported that their kids thought it was "uplifting". With zero specific details on why it was so uplifting I just figured that the kids were mostly bored out of their minds & couldn't remember anything that was said. It really creeped me out that no adults were allowed to be there.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 11:38PM

Red Flag!

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:05AM

I'm wondering if we're seeing the start of a new trend with morg GA's with the youth! This looks like to be the third time this is happening.If so it isn't a very good one for those with children!!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:09AM

Was Bednar's new secret temple name Apostle Chester M.O. Lester?

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 04:34AM

This is typical of the Mormon church. They can brainwash children more easily, without the parents being there. I never saw any parent attend their child's primary class, or even read the manual, and the Primary was teaching the kids that if they didn't Neo Nazi their parents into getting married in the temple, their family would be separated for eternity.

The Mormons used to call tithing "burn insurance" (chuckle-chuckle-snort), and even the children were taught that everyone would burn in the second coming--except for the most obedient Mormons. They taught kids to pay tithing on their chore money.

Parents were not allowed to attend the girls' summer camp--except for a few leaders, and the bishop, who would come and speak to the girls at one of their very emotional, tearful testimony meetings. My daughter was actually, physically FORCED to bear her testimony--chased through the woods and carried back to the campfire benches. My daughter's grandfather died, when she was at Mormon camp. She had to catch a flight the next day, to attend the funeral. I was still TBM, and respected, but had to ask three different sources, before someone finally gave me directions to the camp. All of them warned me not to go there, that parents were not allowed. When I got there, I was treated like an invader. It was dark when I got there, and I interrupted their sacred campfire meeting, to take my daughter aside and talk to her. Actually, several adults approached my car, before I had a chance to get out, and tell me to leave! My daughter was shocked to see me, and knew it must be an emergency, yet she told me she couldn't leave the testimony meeting, and she couldn't get up off the bench, and walk away from the group to talk to me. It was almost as if she was in a trance, and I had to be very stern with her. I got her to walk away to the camp, to the car. I told her everything, and that we had to leave right away, to drive the 2 1/2 hours home. She looked frightened, and told me that she couldn't leave camp, no one was allowed to leave camp and that everyone would be mad, and that I had to go. I told her to sit with me, quietly, and think about her grandpa, and consider her brothers, and her grandmother, and how important her family was to her. In a few minutes, she agreed to go with me. I said I would tell the leaders she was leaving, and help her pack, and she acted frightened, and said I couldn't go back to the camp. After about an hour of driving in silence over dark, rough roads, my daughter said, "I'm glad you came to get me. I was wanting to leave so much, that I prayed to God to have me leave--and you came to get me!"

Bednar will threaten those kids. Fear is a huge part of Mormon brainwashing. The Mormons "use the name of God in vain" by telling children that God will will not love them, God will withdraw His blessings, and God will punish them, unless they are obedient to TSCC. Blasphemy, fear, and lies.

TSCC tries to usurp the role of parent. I was a single mother, and the Mormon priesthood men tried to do this all the time. They were real bullies.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:27AM

Wow ExmoB, that's one of the most sobering posts I've read in this forum.

;o)

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:02PM

Jeepers Creepers ExMoBandB, thanks for sharing that.
It's like a scene out of a Stephen King movie. Wow.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:02AM

How CONVENIENT. Just Bednar and the kiddies. My creep factor detector has been activated,

I wouldn't let him be alone in a room with my two children for any amount of time. (I guess it's physically impossible with my younger child.) One baby is not quite four months old while the other is almost fifteen weeks gestationally. I wouldn't even trust Bednar or his creepy wife to stand across the room from the baby who is already born for two minutes while I ran to the car to get a pacifier or some other such necessity. I'd prefer that they not be anywhere near my wife for the unborn child's sake, either. Even prenatally, being anywhere near those people couldn't be a good thing.

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:28AM

He's probably going to tell them they are the chosen generation to see Christ return so they have extra special pre-existance bonus points so they have to stay chaste so as to not screw it up. It's the same thing they told me 20 years ago. They can't have any adults there because they will recognize the speech and suddenly realize it's all crap.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 10:25AM

Very likely. It's the same thing I was told 45 years ago. And my cohort wasn't the first to hear it, either. Saturday Night's Warrior was big in the mid 70s. Same ol', same ol'.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 10:24AM

How can a TBM be so blind.

My question would be: What is so important/special that you can't say it in front of me?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:50PM

Bednar arrives at the speaking location. Checks around to make sure no adults are present, and his audience is only young people, not intellectually or socially mature enough to make smart decisions.

"OK, Kids, here's why I wanted to talk to you today: You're in danger. Danger of losing your eternal soul. The danger is very real, very present, and very clear. What is this danger? It comes from the adults in your lives. Some of them have been (gasp!) led astray from the truth of the church by (gasp!) internet anti-mormon sites. Reading this evil material damages their soul and their testimony, and since they're in positions of authority over you, they can drag you to outer darkness with them.
So here's what I want you to do -- as a direct instruction from an apostle of the lord: if any of your parents or older siblings are found questioning the church or its leaders, or reading any anti-mormon material on-line, I want you to report them immediately to your bishop or stake president. This is to protect your soul and your exaltation. I don't want you to hesitate, or feel guilty -- you will be doing the lord's work and saving people from throwing away eternity. This is very important, and vital to your own exaltation. Do it!"

"Now, can several of the 12-14 year old young boys and young girls in the audience please come up front for a hug from an apostle? It will feel great to both of us, and because I'm an apostle, it's not at all inappropriate. Just ignore where my hands go. Inthenameofjeezuschristamen."

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:42PM

"Dear children, it pains me to say this, but many of your parents are thoughtcriminals. If you suspect them of thoughtcrimes against the church, you may turn them in to your bishop, who may recommend a court of love. The church loves you, even when your parents stray."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.