Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: snowjob ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 06:37PM

Does anyone have anecdotal examples or a sense of when/why such would happen?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 06:39PM

I seem to recall someone on here saying they won their appeal, but I can't remember who. maybe he'll see this.

Posted by: Just me ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 05:21AM

John D. Lee.
Because that's how it goes.

Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 05:51AM

I know second-hand of a case in England, back in the early 1990s, when a former member of the HC was exed after allegedly defrauding several members in one particular ward, including a member of the Stake Presidency.

The man at once contacted someone in the FP's office explaining that the losses had resulted from a failed business venture, and he threatened legal action against the church if he was not reinstated. The decision was overturned by the FP within 24 hours, without, (as I understand it), any requirement to back the appeal with supporting documentary evidence. The victims were convinced that the money from the "failure" had gone into the man's own pocket.

The information I was given in 2004 was that the man had twice changed his name and was at that time operating out of Panama promoting another scam.

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 06:23AM

Given the "eternal consequences" involved, it seems odd that one of the "prophets" who speaks directly with god, wouldn't oversee these cases personally. It seems like they should do some Harry Potter/Voldemore voodoo to take away all those nifty blessings you get in the temple.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 08:10AM

I never felt I was blessed in the temple. There were no warm fuzzies in that place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.