Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: whattookmesolong ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 07:53PM

Okay, with the thread about the highly inappropriate questions being asked of kids, by male adults, in a closed room (disgusting, disgusting, disgusting!!!!!!) I'm wondering the following:

1) Does any other world religion (or cult for that matter) have a similar obsession with this as the Mormon cult does? I can't imagine other religions allowing old men to discuss sex with kids in this way.

2) When BKP finally dies (if he hasn't already) will the cult reduce their obsession? This seems to have been his obsession ever since I had to sit throug his young men only POS when I was 13.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 07:54PM by whattookmesolong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 08:24PM

Because they are doing a 200 year study into the effects of "making yourself happy".

Because they can't afford to go to the psychiatrist.

Because they are too embarrassed to talk to their wife about it.

Because they have become perverted by their perverted (so called) religion.

M@t

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 12:23AM

you said something very interesting. "Because they have become perverted by their perverted (so called) religion."

Do you think there are perverted people made so by the endless obsession with sex associated with their Mormon upbringing?

Maybe I'm reading way more into it than what you intended, but that's the richness of literature in a nutshell isn't it?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 10:59PM

Two things I remember my Episcopal priest told me when I was a guilt-feeling teen: 1) "Don't overdo it", and...2) "What, you think *priests* don't do it?"

One reason I was feeling guilty? Previously, my Mormon convert brother caught me at it, and said God was watching....

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 11:09PM

"One reason I was feeling guilty? Previously, my Mormon convert brother caught me at it, and said God was watching...."

Don'tchya wish you had responded "Well, I hope God likes what he saw."

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 11:29PM

Late 19th century-early 20th century victorians had the same obsession but presumably on 'scientific' grounds. At the same time a device for women suffering from 'hysteria' were invented to cure them. More or less a masturbation machine. Then came using sex to sell products into fashion, some world wars decimating the victorian masturbation police, colonial independence to discredit the survivors, science catching up with sexuality, female clergy and the sexual revolution of the 60ies. Mormonism didn't get the memo, they never entered the 20th century.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 11:33PM

This has been bothering me all weekend. I have read several articles about the arrest of the pervert in Brazil who molested many young girls. In this particular article he interviews a young 13 year old girl and asks her "in the name of Christ" if she masturbates.http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25783953/victor-barnard-called-girls-brides-christ-and-he?source=pkg
She does not even know what he is talking about. Reading this article triggered several very uncomfortable temple recommend interviews where I was asked behind closed doors the exact same question by older men. I had a sick feeling in my stomach as I thought of times my own children may have also been asked this horrible question. In the comment sections about this tragic story of the young girls in Minnesota many asked, "What kind of parents would ever trust their children to this monster." I had to ask the hard question..."how did I ever, ever allow this practice to happen to my own children?" There is simply no difference with this child molester and Joseph Smith who some still sing "Praise to the Man" and name buildings after. And bishops all over the church will be interviewing teenagers this week and no one even bats an eye!

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 12:49AM

Johnny Canuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe this would help the offenders. Must be a big
> demand as no stock available.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/PACKS-OF-HANDZOFF-ANTI-MASTU
> RBATORY-GUM/dp/B001QAE054/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
> http://www.amazon.com/PACKS-OF-HANDZOFF-ANTI-MASTU
> RBATORY-GUM/dp/B001QAE054/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Two HandzOff chews offer 4-6 hours of relief. You may chew up to 120 pieces daily, as needed.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 01:50AM

My immediate reaction is that this item would be of interest mainly to people who are constipated...right???

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 01:56AM

Date: March 03, 2015 02:04AM

Beth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe to dudes who like to play with their putter?

Excellent point!!!

But wouldn't the golf putting get in the way of dudes playing with their putters???

I'm not a dude, so it's also possible that I'm missing something really important, to wit:

How, as a dude, do you practice your GOLF putting, AND play with YOUR putter, simultaneously???

:)

Date: March 03, 2015 02:34AM

Replying to my own question above...and with thanks to both fencing and to Bruce Lee...I think I know the answer:

Engaging in both activities simultaneously would be an effective method of increasing (in the case of one hand), and balancing (in the case of the other hand), coordination, muscle response, and brain flexibility and response time...assuming that (most, but not all, of the time) the non-dominant hand was being used for the activity which was MOST difficult to the person doing the exercising!

And I would LOVE to see this demonstrated by someone...

Posted by: fenirstardust ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 02:10AM

A: I've heard of Buddhist sects that prohibit it. Nuns and monks as well duh.

B: Most likely yes policy will change when BKP passes. There is a long list of policy changes i found at another site. Stems from leaders with personal missions/vendettas against or for certain things. They will mostly likely in my opinion make it a don't ask don't tell thing like what married couples actually do in the bedroom. They are not suppose to ask anymore. ':| And thus wash down the Sunday school manual again.

If some one wants me to image it, I have a collection of almost all the pamphlets cir 1960s to present. I have the BKP original no touching one. It has been changed 3 times i think.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 07:43AM

I would love to hear the thoughts of a nevermo/exmo mental health care professional about why an old buzzard like Packer had the obsession with masturbation.

Anyone currently on this board with professional level diagnostic qualifications who would care to speculate?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 03, 2015 09:06AM

Whether the sexual issue is masterbation or any other sex topic, here is the problems that the church and many of its members have. Because the church doesn't talk about sex in healthy educational ways, and they teach that the only moral thing to do is to not do it, far too many people have twisted moral values around sex. Whether someone is molesting children, fucking their neighbor's wife or girlfriend, trying to establish honest intemacy with someone they intend to spend the rest of their life with but are not yet married to, or trying to learn about their own sexuality in private, it's all bad in the eyes of the church, and equally sinful. There is no respect for healthy boundaries either. The only thing that pervades is the shame and the violation of healthy boundaries. Unhealthy boundaries and sexual exploitation however, are fully supported far too much of the time.

Other sexually repressed church members are far too interested in what you are doing or might be doing sexually, because they aren't getting any sex and don't think you should be either. These are too often the same people who will molest your children, or fuck your wife behind your back, and then bare their testimony from the pulpet on Sunday. Their sexual shame and repression causes them to constantly violate boundaries in attempts to share with you their shame, in exchange for them getting a sexual thrill out of whatever they can find out about your sex life. These people are everywhere in the church, and they're extremely toxic. Many of them are church leaders who are asking your children if they masterbate, so they themselves can go home and jerk off to their fantasy of your child themselves. That's literally the level these adults are at, their own sexual psyche stopped growing normally at around age twelve because they were shamed and never got past it.

Lesson learned: Don't allow your children to be exposed to this kind of toxic atmosphere. Don't expect anyone in the church to have honest and healthy sexual development themselves, nor to respect your boundaries or legal boundaries perscribed by law, to protect your children.

After leaving the church, I realized that there's nothing wrong with non-marital sex, as long as no one is being exploited. If someone is intentionally trying to cause a pregnancy, knowing that is not what the other person wants, that's exploitive. If someone tries to convince another person that they love them as a means to get sex from them, knowing full well they don't or won't love the person, that's exploitive. If someone is helping someone else to deceive intimate others (cheating, whether married or not), that's exploitive. The church supports none of these values to protect any individual in practice. Their solution is that all sex before marriage is bad and that no one (not even your twelve year old child) has a right to have healthy boundaries or normal sexual development with some appropriate moral guidance along the way. Is it any wonder that the church is a school for child molesters and sexual preditors?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 09:19AM by azsteve.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.