Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:35AM

...every Sunday off from Mormonism that we all enjoy???

Not that my opinion matters to anybody but just thinking out loud that since i'm no longer saddled with Mormonism every Sunday and can enjoy the day doing whatever...why shouldn't the wonderful people and providers of this board ie., Eric, Susan I/S and all the others involved be able to do the same???

After all don't we all brag about getting a 10% raise and an extra day off during our week as a major benefit of taking back our lives from the Morg???

And honestly i really rather enjoy "READ-ONLY" status on "fast sunday" as it gives me a chance to catch up with what i might have missed during the week without having to keep an eye as to what's popping up next and new at the top of the board.

And that's why i personally would enjoy it every Sunday to catch up on that previous week's threads i mighta missed before they get buried way too deep!!!

Oh well just my 2-cents!!!

I hear the flames a comin'...

and/or Susan I/S will be nuking this post in 3...2...1...

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:38AM

Agree. That's when I catch up too.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:42AM

and it just so happens that I will now be working EVERY Sunday (just less hours every other Sunday), and I love coming here and reading to take a break. I read a little most days depending on how much I'm stuck at the computer working.

Those Sundays that the board is shut down, I MISS IT.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:46AM

I think they should take two days off every week. They get to choose which two work the best for them.

I'm in awe of the time they put into this board. How do you thank them enough?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 12:49AM by madalice.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:02AM

OK by me.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:03AM

I'm ok either way. I appreciate the board, and the awesome mods who make it happen. If they would appreciate some more time off, I would be all for it. Everyone needs some downtime.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:04AM

Some people need support on Sundays - but the board is pretty slow on Saturdays. That might be a better day to have off but honestly, it depends on what the Mods prefer. If Saturdays off is of no use to them, then it's not a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 01:05AM by CA girl.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:07AM

Agree!

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 06:07AM

I will miss the board on Sunday's but support you doing whatever you need to do to make this work for you. We all strongly support and greatly appreciated all your hard work.

Do what you need to do. You have my thanks and full support for whatever you decide

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 07:03AM

Sundays are a good day for Ecmos to come and vent.

Posted by: redkoolaidmonster ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 07:36AM

No need to shut down at all.

If they staggered time off, there could still always be moderator coverage, still be time off, and the board need not shut down.

This could be made even easier by adding a couple more moderators. More coverage, more time off.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 07:50AM

Moderators outside the USA would be useful as this would mean 24/7 coverage via different time zones.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 01:42AM

A board of this size could probably use half a dozen moderators.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 02:58PM

I do like having a day to catch up. But then I forget what I wanted to respond to. Maybe that's good.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 03:08PM

No.

Just have more volunteer moderators. Basically like most other forums on the planet have.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 03:54PM

I agree. This is the only forum I know that shuts down once a month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 09:34PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 03:43PM

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:39PM

How about taking off Wednesday? After all it is hump day!

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 12:55AM

Sunday is the peak time for this board. Many people get stressed out by having to go to church, or having family members go to church and then come home and tell them about it. Many people have the weekends off and have a chance to spend a lot of time on the board on Sunday, unlike during the workweek.

So I would say that if there needed to be a weekly shutdown, it should be on a weekday.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 01:07AM

I'm retired so every day is a day off but I particularly enjoy my drive into town for coffee on Sundays where I pass by a holy roller church and a Cult ward chapel...and think impure, disrespectful thoughts about them.

Ron Burr

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 01:57AM

Whatever it takes to keep this site going

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 02:12AM

ladell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever it takes to keep this site going

+1,000,000,000...

WHATEVER it takes to keep this site going...

Thanks ladell!!!

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 02:21AM

cheers

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 03:06AM

I agree with the other posts about not needing to shutdown at all. A couple additional moderaters and your good. The only time a board really needs to shutdown is for maintenance. I'm pretty sure the site runs on Linux. Updates should only take about 15-30 minutes a month and website patches shouldn't take any more then that either. Either should be able to get done without any real downtime other then restarting the services or a reboot at worse (10 minutes is on the high side). My web server only takes about 3 minutes for a full reboot.

I think data archiving gets done during the current shutdown break also, which would be a time consuming process as it is a manual process.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 06:04AM

Yup.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 06:40AM

Thanks for thinking of us. We just need some volunteers. It is important for the board to be open as much as possible. I don't want to see it closed on Sundays. If we have a lack of volunteers, that may be an option.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 06:41AM

I have no problem for the board to be read only a bit more often if that would be a great help to the mods.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 05:26PM

Good ideas and good suggestions made. I'll just put myself in the camp of what works best for the moderators.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.