Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truthbetold ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 08:42PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws4vgihE3Q0

BBC interview of Holland in 2012 (Holland's offer at 5:00 mark)

Does anyone know if Holland ever got everyone together to have the public forum to answer all the questions from Sweeney's list?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:27PM

Lol, riiiiiiight!

They haven't sent a check to the Red Cross yet either.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 11:26PM

To the best of my knowledge, they have not sent an apology to the families of Holocaust victims who were dead dunked either.

Oh that's right - no apologies.

Posted by: Truthbetold ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 11:31PM

He and They will *never* do it, we know that for sure.

These days now they seem to be talking about mistakes have been made, that there is church history that could cause one to doubt, etc.

Funny how TSCC will not disclose any of what all those mistakes and church history are!!

Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 09:34AM

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 10:06AM

You didn't actually think Holland was a man of his word with integrity did you?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 11:14AM

He manages to puff out a lot of hot air on topics that he must address which are connected with his so-called job with the church/cult, but there just doesn't seem to be enough wind left for him to address honest issues.

I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 07, 2015 09:25PM

"I wonder how he sleeps at night."

Not very well, from the looks of him.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 02:36PM

Notice that the first thing he says is, "give me their names."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 08, 2015 05:39PM

"give me their names"

The thing that Holland does not fully comprehend, despite his *impressive* ivy league schooling that he had to point out,
is that Holland's administrative MORmON priestDUD authority as a MORmON ASSpostHOLE has zero efficacy outside of believing MORmON member circles. So what he is really asking for is to be feed to the wolves. Apparently Holland did not learn his lesson after already being taken apart and exposed as a MORmON LIAR by Sweeney in the interview. But then again, the meeting has never taken place..... and Holland is found extensively shooting off his MORmON mouth in ways that he can get away with it with out being directly challenged on his lack of integrity, that done to attempt to compensate for his previous error.

Some of us have evolved to the point where we just do not find MORmON BS to be inspiring anymore. That means that Holland's ability to be an inspiration to us is completely extent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 11, 2015 06:45PM

Way back then, inspired by Holland's invitation to talk to us, I wrote him this:

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Quorum of Twelve Apostles
50 East North Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84150

SUBJ: Invitation to meet and discuss with ex-Mormons

REF: Interview with BBC correspondent John Sweeney, aired March 27, 2012 in the UK

Dear Elder Holland:

I watched your interview with BBC correspondent John Sweeney with great interest, and took note of the fact that you indicated that you would like to talk to some of the ex-Mormons to whom Mr. Sweeney made reference. This offer to engage some of us struck me personally and deeply, as I am one of those who resigned my membership in the LDS church at 59 years of age after a lifetime of service. As a former high priest who served in the usual stake and ward leadership capacities, it was a difficult decision to make, one that took most of two years' study and research before I claimed a new path. Since certain embedded teachings cause many Church members to believe that a rift with the Church must also require a rift with one's own family, I left Mormonism fearing a great deal of personal and financial injury. (I am relived to report that I am surrounded by broad-minded and flexible stock, and we all remain close.) I sincerely hope that this letter makes it onto your desk for you to read and consider.

You seemed in your interview to genuinely welcome engagement with some of those who have left the Church. It would mean a great deal to us if you would indeed find yourself available to meet with a small group of us (no more that 10 individuals, with equal male and female representation) who would be “proxies,” more or less, for a much larger group. Although I should in no wise be considered an official representative of this group, it would still be a simple matter for me or any one of us to organize such a meeting of souls. Many of us, I am sure, would travel considerable distance at our own expense if allowed to meet with you. I urge you to consider this, as it would serve to provide good insight for the Brethren and would assist all lower-echelon leaders to better meet the needs of a dynamic membership. Over time, it might even serve to help arrest the current attrition of some of the Church's most valuable members.

If I might have this opportunity to say, it is imperative that you and the other senior leaders of the Church understand that those members who definitively sever their ties to the LDS Church through the resignation process tend to be among the best Latter-day Saints; less valiant members merely slip into inactivity as they lose interest. Those of us who have quit have done so not because we lacked engagement. We were tithe payers, returned missionaries, branch presidents, members of the Relief Society presidency, bishopric members, temple workers, elders' quorum presidents, high priest group leaders, even mission presidents. Indeed, there are those among us who have received the Second Endowment. I sincerely believe it would be a win-win situation to have a few moments with us at some future time.

Thank you very much for your consideration of this matter.

Respectfully yours,

Knowing that he would, of course, NOT answer this (he possibly did not even receive it), I planned to write an open letter about it in the SLTrib. I chickened out due to family considerations--my name being all out there and stuff. Plus I had already embarrassed myself on here and found myself the subject of a legal deposition and a later court case thanks to being too public on here. However, now I have less to lose by it, but it may have been overcome by events, mostly the fact that this was a couple of years ago now.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: March 07, 2015 04:23PM

Every time I have watched that interview, I am surprised by the dodo's lying and back pedaling. I don't think he is capable of getting together with exmos to discuss anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 04:31PM by iris.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.