Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 11:14PM

Did anyone watch the Days of '47 parade today? I could have sworn I saw a tiny glimpse on Channel 13 news of the Salt Lake City Council riding in a convertible with a sign that said "Utah Pride" and waving a small rainbow flag.

Since they turned down the request from the Mormons Building Bridges group to have a float, was this sneaked in by those rebels in City Hall?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 25, 2018 01:44AM

I didn't see the parade but I read a post on Facebook from Chris Jensen, who is the husband of the new SLC City Councilman, Christoper Wharton. (I voted for him) The post is short so I’ll just copy and paste the text :

“We were asked to participate in the days of 47th parade because Christopher Wharton is on the City Council. This is a parade that still to this day discriminates against LGBTQ groups from participating.

Visibility is important so we decided to participate but I wore my Utah Pride Center shirt and Chris brought his rainbow flag. #utahpride #loveislove #daysof47th"

https://imgur.com/a/945zaOs

I read somewhere else that the mayor, Jackie Biskupski was shown with her wife, but the KSL announcer didn't say her name or who she was.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 25, 2018 10:11AM

Yep, that's what I saw briefly on the news.

Now, I wonder if they will be invited to ride in the parade next year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.