Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 28, 2018 09:57PM

I've written about many youth trips that were downright unpleasant; especially those that involved a ym prez, Brother Blowhard. This is a story about an almost normal trip to San Francisco for the sole purpose of enjoying a baseball game. No service projects, no Oakland temple baptisms for the dead. Heck, even the new ym prez listened to heavy metal as we drove to the Bay Area.

So here's the part where my Mormon cohorts choked. We were at a restaurant on the Embarcadero; a fish and chips place. I think we all ordered their daily special, which included their world famous beer battered prawns. I actually it on their menu, but figured that most of the beer would cook out by the time it was served.

So when it was served, a couple of the priests made faces. They thought that the taste was a bit off and flagged the server back to the table to complain. Of course, the server was clueless and even assured us that the batter was fresh including the beer that was added. So one by one, the plates were pushed away. The ym prez thought it was funny, but since he was treating us he was not going to order anything else.

I continued to eat them as well as another priest. The ym prez and his wife continued to eat their's as well. A group of six had left the diner and later returned with their own meal. They brought a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread. I never confessed to eating beer cooked food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.