Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 09:30AM

It has been very gratifying to have so many respond in wishing to assist in the board's administration. We are slowly adding a few admins over the next couple of weeks. We added several this week. We will add one or two more this week and hopefully that will hold us for now. Those who have volunteered will be used later if they still desire. We do not wish to burn anyone out and, unlike the Mormon church, you can quit as an admin any time you want for any reason. We will always need backup.

If we have too many admins, there will not be enough to do for any one individual and potentially have problems with inconsistency. If we have too few for the 24 hour cycle, we will be spammed as happened this weekend. We are working on a balance.

Another issue we have faced was my fault. I hired a web developer to fix our site to a more conventional style (first page and links - not the board) and he wanted money upfront and I paid him. A few weeks later he filed bankruptcy. He is a good person with unfortunate family health problems that caused the bankruptcy. He does not have the time as his wife is seriously ill. I hate asking for funds especially when I made the mistake. This will come up shortly.

Eric edit for grammar sigh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 11:27AM by Eric K.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 09:35AM

Thanks for the update, Eric. It's good to know that we're being well looked after.

I didn't volunteer because I already moderate on two websites. Well, I own one (not religious related) and I moderate on the other, but it's thankfully a quiet one. I'm also a bit burned out on Mormonism and am a little quieter than I used to be.

But I'm happy to hear that so many people are willing to take up the challenge. Go RfMers!

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 09:38AM

Thanks for all you do, Eric and thanks to the people who volunteer to be an admin. I really appreciate this site-it is my escape from the crazy world; especially dealing with an OCD TBM DH.

It can become cray, cray! <cuckoo, cuckoo>

Posted by: kj ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 10:16AM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 05:07PM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 11:16AM

Eric

I met you in Vegas back in 97 or 98 at one of the first exmo conferences and so I know how unassuming and humble you are.

Having said that, I don't know if you really realize what you did when you started this board. It has literally been a lifeline and a godsend to many of us. I am sure it has saved some lives.

Please, never feel bad about asking for funds. I am sure I speak not only for myself but hundreds if not thousands of others who gladly want to donate to keep this site running.

I wish you had your donation button on all the time,

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 11:28AM

Yes, me too about fundraising. I was also there at the ex-mo conference in Vegas. I believe it was the 2nd one. I saw it on the board and decided to just show up. Never pre-registered. I think it made you (Eric) pretty nervous. But I've been here ever since and still go to most of the ex-mo conferences. That conference got me noticed by the Las Vegas Sun where they published a story about me and caused all kinds of family problems. It's all OK though. Things are fine around here.

Thanks for all the work you do.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 10:04AM

I was surprised when directed to the very bottom of the page and do see the donation button. I will send a donation.

Eric, please consider moving that donate button to a more prominent place because most of us had no idea it was even on here.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 01:49PM

Thank you Eric,

And thank you to those who hired on as mods. You are helping so many distressed people who sometimes feel alone in their sanity.

Sorry your friend is having trouble. If he has a conscience, he will pay you back when he can. There are some IT people here who are qualified.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 01:59PM

I'm very grateful for all the hard work and volunteer hours that go into keeping this board running 24/7.

Unfortunately, the Internet has opened up an opportunity for people with nefarious-up to no good reasons to interrupt everything! The hackers and spammers, trolls, and pests are going to be with us. They manage to get around every "fix" put in place.
I've been spammed in my personal email many years ago shutting it down!

Many of us are willing to contribute to keeping this thing running!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 05:29PM

Posted by: crunchynevmo ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 05:48PM

Please let us help. Just let us know how.

Posted by: lolly 18 ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 08:51PM

So he doesn't have to refuse to do the work, and he doesn't have to abrogate YOUR payment even if he does others. Why won't he finish the work he has been paid for? (After all, if he took it when he knew he was in this fix and going to declare bankruptcy, that would be fraud.)

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 08:57PM

May I encourage our community to take a moment and visit http://exmormon.org and scroll to the very bottom of the page?

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 09:59PM

Small donation on the way

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 11:43PM

It would help to put a button in the header (along with "search" "log out" etc.) to "contact admin" - there used to be one, didn't there?

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 03:48AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 09:35AM

It's our board and we will gladly pay to keep it up.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 04:31PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.