Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 06:04PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by and say hi and let everyone know that I am doing great. I have been back home for a week now. I am getting back to the normal swing of things like church and physical therapy. Right now I am waiting for my oven to heat up so I can pop my lasagna in that I just made. I was away from home for a week scared out of my mind that I wouldn't have a home to come home too when all was said in done.

My area is a mess though. There seemed like there were a tornado almost everywhere with this storm including one that hit the church when I was staying there and there was one that went through my trailer park but luckily there was no structural damage from it and all the trees and limbs that came down. My trailer made it through really well. I have two minor leaks, one in the kitchen and foyer on a shared wall where the stove vent is and one in the master bathroom where the air vent is in there. I am very lucky that is all I have to deal with because I know of two people from church who lost their homes do to the storm. One guy's house got flooded out by the sound, and one ladies house had the roof torn off her place.

My town had the worse flooding that I personally ever seen, and many of the older folks who have been around since the 30's, 40's and 50's are saying the same thing. This storm was crazy. It stayed and lingered, and produce what seemed like more tornadoes that I have ever seen in one storm.

I hope that anyone else who had to go through this storm is doing well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 06:06PM

It's good to hear that you are well!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 06:14PM

Wow! only 2 leaks! That's great! Good to hear from you.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 06:42PM

Thanks for the update.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 06:48PM

Glad you're home and getting ready to eat a nice hot home cooked meal. Good luck to you and your neighbors.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 07:41PM

That's great news!

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 09:40PM

stay safe OPie ~

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 10:21PM

I live in Central Virginia. We thought we'd dodged the bullet on the hurricane but then when it went through the mountains on Sunday and Monday we were inundated by rain and we got 10 tornadoes in our metro area. The kids were stuck at school (with the teachers) several hours after regular dismissal and some of the elementary kids didn't get home that night until nearly 9P.

Glad you're doing well and back home.

I am over this rain.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 10:48PM

Guess I couldn't entice you to wanna move to Hurricane, Utah?

Locals pronounce it her-kun.

Posted by: Jojo ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 11:20PM

I live in southside central Virginia five miles from the VA/NC State line. We received 24" of rain in 10 hours! It was at night and the noise of the rain on the roof was frightening. Roads were washed out and flood water every. My neighbor's basement was flooded almost to the ceiling. He's a musician and store his gear there. He lost thousands of dollars of equipment. I saw his drums floating in his backyard. I know a lot of people had it much worse than us. I feel for them.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 11:41PM

So glad you are are home, safe and sound!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 09:06AM

I'm glad you and your home are OK.
Thanks for letting us know!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 09:20AM

Glad you are home and safe. Great news

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 27, 2018 12:23AM

One good thing: you've all earned your hurricane merit badges!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 27, 2018 12:27AM

I'm glad that your home is mostly intact, Kativicky. It must feel good to be back under your own roof.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.