Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 02:25PM

A favorite TBM trait that we like to criticize is their wont to use any power or means available to force people to do things the (current) TBM way. Exactly what ghawd is touted as NOT doing.

Look at Christ's example when the disciples wanted to run off the kids whom they thought were bugging Jesus. And he said, with a tooth pick at one side of his mouth, in a deep American voice, sounding like a mix of John Wayne and Bruce Willis, "...Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of ghawd."

Now imagine a 12 year old deacon showing up at church on Sunday wearing a Hawaiian shirt and bib overalls... In precious few wards would he be passing the sacrament.

TBMs are not big on tolerating 'differences', such as the recent kerfuffle at a Utah County high school dance when the issue of exposed female shoulders came up. It was "go home or wear a sweater."

In the dust up over that event, I never read a defense based on "it's what Jesus would have done!!" In no version of the bible does it say, "suffer the little children to come unto me, but reject those with shoulders or exposed, or who have tattoos or who look gay, or have more than two piercings, or in any way depart from the grooming standards found in holy literature, such as the Ensign."

Obviously, at least in my mind, mormon apologists, (code named mops, because they serve the exact same purpose) will assail my stand with honeyed words, along the lines of, "Hey, becoming a ghawd requires some moxie, dude! You think a puissy ghawd would have flooded the world and killed all who lived, save eight souls?

"You think a touchy-feely ghawd would have nuked Sodom & Gomorrah? Would a hippie ghawd have sent his only begotten in the flesh to suffer and die? It takes balls to be a ghawd!!

"When we cover the shoulders of teenage tramps, it's because we will not allow them to lead our youth astray! Would you honestly let a bunch of hippie, goth, rapper, neo-nazi, gang-banger, biker, rasta, jihad, devil worshipers date your daughters? Well, would you? Would you invite them into your home to spend the night? Do you think so little of your wife and children?"

And I would be speechless and the mop would say, "See? Oh thou hypocrite! Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!" And the mop would run back to Danny the Tapir rider, to let him know of the victory he'd just scored.

What should I have said to the mop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 02:33PM

you should have said F**K you, you freakin' Hypocritical

MOP.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 16, 2015 02:49PM

You would treat a child of ghawd in such a fashion? How do you sleep at night?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.